Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2899&start_row=11

'Fyah bun fi meat' Bobo Hill's world of food

1 - 1011 - 18
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: FarI-Sight Sent: 7/1/2008 6:21:34 AM

Honour

May I ask the Hon Empress Khamyl is the I is a vegan or vegetarian, eat fish or not? will the i be getting supplements or healing with
wholefoods?

How is the Empress feeling this iwa?

Love and Respect, Itinual,

Selassie I,Jah Rastafari

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 7/1/2008 8:05:52 PM

I was vegetarian first, then vegan. After about 3 to 4 years we started eating fish. We attempted to eat chicken and lamb because my health was so poor but the chicken made everybody in my house ill and I didn't get any better.
I have abandoned my diet. My nutrition is very poor. When I can afford to eat, I do fresh raw veggies and fruits. The way I see it, no food at times is better than poisoned food.

There is so much poison in the produce that I am looking to start co-oping with like minded individuals to offer quality goods that are easy to grow

I am an amateur to say the least. I have been growing aloe vera plants and using the gel from within the stem to teach people how to avoid using chemical laced creams to treat skin ailments and first aid.

I have experimented with wholefoods before as well. The sources are not consistently staying in business.

I have been toying around with homeopathy but I am concerned that it still involves processed drugs.

My next project involves marigold (calendula). This annual plant has awesome possibilities.

I am learning as I go.

Thank you for your wonderful greeting and your questions.

-RSK

Messenger: Nyam Sent: 7/2/2008 10:34:10 AM

It's a blessing to eat natural food from the lawd. Human nature is veggies,not flesh.

Messenger: Anthony Humboldt Sent: 7/15/2008 10:05:48 PM

Fyah bun I a fat rib-eye steak! His Majesty was not turning water into soymilk; and he created me with pointed teeth fit for an omnivore diet.

I always follow an Ital diet during Ises but not at my home. I'm too roots to be a vegetarian. I respect your choice of life style, but this Rasta eats meat. I read in history books when I was doing a report on the Ithalo-Ethiopian War for international politics class that His Majesty loved to eat fruit and cheese for lunch while he was in Britain.

Please don't say that Rastas all have dreadlocks and don't eat meat. His Majesty ate meat and had short hair.

Much love brethren, but His Majesty cares more about what is in a person's heart than what is in their oven.

Messenger: Ten Sent: 7/16/2008 12:44:56 PM

Praises
Give thanks to Ras Sistren Khamyl for sharing her ixperiences, its good to know I. And to FarI Sight, give thanks too for your knowledge. I had a question though; if your combine sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds n flax seeds does that not give you a complete food? I'd like to reason more on this subject with the I's.
And to Anthony Humboldt, true not every Rasta is vegetarian, we all trod different paths for different reasons. Reading your thoughts I initial RAS-ponse is that you remember your own words - "His Majesty cares more about what is in a person's heart", so be cautious and conscious in the way you reason with your fellow brethren and sistren.
Blessed Love

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 7/17/2008 2:36:13 AM

I do know that when I blended flax seeds with bananas and raw oats, I had healthy skin and plenty of energy and yes if I recall we did use sunflower seeds as well

In my experiences, raw foods always yield more nutrition than cooked foods.

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 7/18/2008 2:02:12 PM

Blessed Love Ras Tafari family... give thanks and praise for daily bread Selassie I God!

I just wanted to hail the family, I haven't said a word in a minute... but InI still making I way and giving thanks for the fullness of manifestation which I see coming. Selah.

I love food. Food is love. Love the reasoning... nothing to add or subtract, other than to encourage InI to COOK our food. Never leave out the ilaments; fire, wind, water... these too are life. Cooking is a meditation in Menen... can't leave out that. Not to say Kingman cannot cook. Of course, my own Kingman is an EXCELLENT chef. But, InI mothers have to iditate on the blend at the tips of I fingers. These are our wishes for the health and strength of our family and they are communicated through the creation of the food we feed InI. I don't support raw food dieting. It is opposite to everything InI know to be essential, and African at that too. InI have to spice, it is our inheritance. There is thanksgiving in the care, preparation, cooking and serving of food. It is like chemistry... InI have altered its composition, yes. InI are divine human, with right intention, the food I cook is eaten as a Higher nutrition than that which it was plucked from the ground. It is I who injected it with fire, water, and air... and love and stuff... ye know what I'm saying.

So, I give thanks family that everybody is in health and present said way. Stay healthy. Don't eat meat. Live up... and give thanks for the rise every day!!

Selassie I lives!

Messenger: Ten Sent: 7/18/2008 5:10:29 PM

Blessed Love
Greetings to Sister Yaa, its nice to hear the I's word sound 1nce again. I overs what the I is saying of the importance of fire ital and spice in I n I livity and its a sound reasoning I which I don't dispute but I have I own other views on raw itals. There are benefits to raw food diet because it is a means of cleansing the system, in a metaphysical sense to open up the irits to higher iditations. I tried a raw food diet for 40days with this purpose in mind and the beginning I was nervous abt surviving this long on raw ital, but soon I discovered what abundance there was in JAH kingdom. Fruits are so important to I n I, as you sight them pure and fresh in I-mages of His Majesty and Her Majesty in the Temple. You begin to value them as a meal and you can be satisfied and refreshed from eating nuts, bannanas and watermelons as lunch for example. Its an irie way of living and I learnt to draw on other sources of food for energy. I also discovered new tastes and new ways of making itals. Sometimes I n I need that cleansing of the body and raw itals provided that for I. The body can do on far less than we give it credit, sometimes the less food you eat the more energy you have and the more intuitive you become to the world's energies and vibrations, esp if you go into the Creation in times of raw food fasting. For those sistren and brethren who do it for life - more power to them but for I, its something I can do for short periods in my life and its a blessing nonetheless.
Ises for the Sabbath,
JAH Bless I n I

1 - 1011 - 18

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I