Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2897&start_row=21

UFO

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 35
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 7/3/2008 7:48:21 AM

Greetings...

"for us who accept the teaching of Ethiopian culture"

To accept the teachings of Ethiopian culture, implies not only accepting Ethiopic Bible culture, but pre Christian Ethiopian culture as well, which has existed long before the beginnings of Ethiopia's embrace of Christianity.

What kind of spirituality existed in Ethiopia before Christianity, or Judaism? Would we refer to that spirituality and subsequent religious practice as pagan...I'll bet we would.

That would make the mixture of traditions in the Bible not just a "catholic" pagan tale, but a pagan tale of Ethiopia, Rome, Sumeria, Chaldea, Kemet, Greece and on and on, as all these cultures have added to greatly to it. Where is the discredit to the Holy Scripture?, I only see the source.

His Majesty certainly never went around Ethiopia tearing down pre Christian monuments, like the stelae fields in Aksum and elsewhere in Ethiopia. Those are monuments to the heavens, especially the moon and sun and stars. To this day, in the monastic schools of Ethiopia's Tewahedo Orthodox Church there is a an astrology taught to Debterra, who are very knowledgeable scholars, writers, philosophers, and linguists, whom the Church and man rely on heavily for all kinds of interpretations. Certain holidays do not occur until the stars have been consulted, and this is a practice that happens in many of the cultures that could be considered pagan (which is I word that I no longer see as a negative). Ethiopia also has 13 months in their calender, why? because of their solar observation.

I think it is very important to remember that while we have dominion over the earth in the here and now, We are in this Earth but We are not of it.

SELAM

Messenger: Diego B. Sent: 7/3/2008 8:02:39 AM

When I spoke of "Ethiopian Culture" i was referring to the one taught by His Majesty, Christian therefore, and Felasha's. In any case, His Majesty Him Selfe call the believers of other cultures and religions "pagans", still giving them all His Love and Protection.of course the movement of the "host of heaven" is well studied, but not with a magical or esotherical purpose, indeed Enoch taught in His Holy Book the Calendar according to the phases of the moon and the movement of the Sun, whence months and years come from.

The wrong thing in considering the Bible a commixture of cultures, is that, as far as the romans do, it could be considered a book like many others, born out of writings and re-writings, manipulations, and what the many cultures wanted to add to it, and not being so the Word of God (Which Is Christ).This lead to the tought that those who wrote the Holy Scriptures were not ordered by the Lord Jah, but only influenced by wordly affairs.

We are not of the world, in the sence that we do not belong to the wickedness of the majority ("world"), but We are the Earth, and the Earth is Us: Man is Earth, Earth is Man; Adam is Earth, Earth is Adam= Adam is Adam. Since Man is the translation of Adam, Adam meaning Earth, Ground, how could we not be OF the World-Earth?

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 7/5/2008 2:44:20 PM

"The wrong thing in considering the Bible a commixture of cultures, is that, as far as the romans do, it could be considered a book like many others, born out of writings and re-writings, manipulations, and what the many cultures wanted to add to it, and not being so the Word of God (Which Is Christ).This lead to the tought that those who wrote the Holy Scriptures were not ordered by the Lord Jah, but only influenced by wordly affairs."

I see the I's point, and in some sense I do agree, nevertheless, I can still come to the conclusion that all the elements that make up mySelf and the Earth have been in existence long before the formation of this planet. The source of the elements that make up life are all of Jah, and we can still interpret scripture to imply that we are eternal. This planet has not always existed in the form that it does now, and it is highly probable that it will not always remain in its form. So for the time being we are in the Earth, but as we will come and go we will not always be in it. We are of Jah, as is the Earth.

No One has attained everlasting Life and remained on this Earth, the Kingdom of Heaven is neither worldly in the sense of man's corruption, but it is also not worldly in the Earthly sense. We call things alien for they are what we do not yet know, as alien implies that which is foreign. There have been those that have discovered what is Zion while they are here on Earth and that is where they have gone, but with our eyes, we no longer see them, so I cannot say that they are of the earth.

Adam does mean earth in Hebrew, but I do not believe that the original man was a Hebrew. The orginal man's body may derive from elements immediately sourced from this Earth, but as I said, those same elements existed long before the Earth's formation. Also, something to reason on would be that while our bodies and the Earth are all very physical, what is the power that our bodies house, which is both invisible and non physical?

SELAM

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 7/12/2008 11:39:55 PM

try reading the kebra negast that might help

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 7/13/2008 9:14:52 AM

Ras Power, greetings,

I've read the Kebra Negast several times now, and I could relate things about it to this thread, however, it's obvious that the I has something specific on your mind already. I would be interested to know what you're getting at.

SELAM

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 7/13/2010 9:56:29 PM

I was watching a history channel show on extraterrestrials.

The Dogon people of West Africa identified the companion stars of Sirius A centuries before advanced telescopes were invented. I don't think aliens told the Dogon this, but it very interesting.

---------------------------------------------------
Certain researchers investigating the Dogon have reported that they seem to possess advanced astronomical knowledge, the nature and source of which has subsequently become embroiled in controversy. From 1931 to 1956 the French anthropologist Marcel Griaule studied the Dogon. This included field missions ranging from several days to two months in 1931, 1935, 1937 and 1938[16] and then annually from 1946 until 1956.[17] In late 1946 Griaule spent a consecutive thirty-three days in conversations with the Dogon wiseman Ogotemmêli, the source of much of Griaule and Dieterlen's future publications.[18] They reported that the Dogon believe that the brightest star in the sky, Sirius (sigi tolo or 'star of the Sigui'[19]), has two companion stars, pō tolo (the Digitaria star), and ęmmę ya tolo, (the female Sorghum star), respectively the first and second companions of Sirius A.[20] Sirius, in the Dogon system, formed one of the foci for the orbit of a tiny star, the companionate Digitaria star. When Digitaria is closest to Sirius, that star brightens: when it is farthest from Sirius, it gives off a twinkling effect that suggests to the observer several stars. The orbit cycle takes 60 years. [21]They also claimed that the Dogon appeared to know of the rings of Saturn, and the moons of Jupiter.[22]

Griaule and Dieterlen were puzzled by this Sudanese star system, and prefaced their analysis with the following remark:-

The problem of knowing how, with no instruments at their disposal, men could know the movements and certain characteristics of virtually invisible stars has not been settled, nor even posed.[23]

In 1976 Robert K. G. Temple wrote a book called The Sirius Mystery arguing that the Dogon's system reveals precise knowledge of cosmological facts only known by the development of modern astronomy, since they appear to know, from Griaule and Dieterlen's account, that Sirius was part of a binary star system, whose second star, Sirius B, a white dwarf, was however completely invisible to the human eye,(just as Digitaria is the smallest grain known to the Dogon), and that it took 50 years to complete its orbit. The existence of Sirius B had only been inferred to exist through mathematical calculations undertaken by Friedrich Bessel in 1844. Temple then argued that the Dogon's information, if traced back to ancient Egyptian sources and myth, indicated an extraterrestrial transmission of knowledge of the stars.[24] Neither Griaule nor Dieterlen had ever made such bold claims about a putative esoteric source for the Dogon's knowledge.
---------------------------------------------------

Messenger: Danel Sent: 7/13/2010 11:11:41 PM

@ Ras KebreAB

The prophet Ezekiel described UFO's as a wheel within a wheel. Also the scriptures refer to UFO's as chriots with flames.

If one listen to the old Negro spirituals we will see the lyrics referred to UFO's. One instance would be the song "SWING LOW SWEET CHARIOT, COME ON AND TAKE ME HOME".

The UFO's are angels or aircrafts powered by angels. The slaves knew this, so they did not fear the visitors. They called them SWEET. Also they said take us back home. Clearly they knew the angels were their kinsmen/Israelites.

Yet Babylon see the UFO's as their enemy, or some device to probe where they come from. We know they come from the throne of God.

Messenger: Cedric Sent: 1/14/2021 12:42:50 PM

Blessed Love

Bringing it back like the robot posters that send InI links to cheat exams.

So Black Christ in Flesh, lots of alien talk nowadays I see?

MEL is cursing under their breathe cause we already onto their next thing.

So Christ was crucified by the aliens? I heard some say that Christ was an alien, but I man never heard your story. Please tell. The aliens were scared of Christ power as a man?

HIM HAILE SELASSIE I KNOW

Messenger: Black Christ in Flesh Sent: 1/14/2021 1:31:44 PM

My answer will certainly leave you bewildered. I will have to burn chalice and Iditate about this.

Messenger: Black Christ in Flesh Sent: 1/15/2021 3:45:35 PM

Well, first I'd like to mention that the other day, the other week, I caught a UFO spying on me. It was way up in the sky at midday, like a shining 🌟;;; star at night, only in this case it was day, and the light blinked at the same spot for a while lazy moments then disappeared slyly unnoticeably just as it had appeared.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 35

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I