Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2874&start_row=11

Qadamawi Haile Selassie

1 - 1011 - 20
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/15/2008 3:20:31 PM

Blessed Love

and thank you very much for the illustrations as well brethren

I just checked the link that Empress Yaa left. I thought that this was just a little thing that one person came up with,but i sight they are really going silly with it over there,especially some,no need to name names
anyway,Sunofman,it might help if you can post those illustrations there as well,especially the last one you posted where H.I.M Himself wrote both in amharic and english,that might finish the argument,it should but knowing people today,i dont even know for sure if it will.

If they would have just said,we dont want to use englsih when hailing HIS Majesty´s Name, i would have had more sympathy for their arguments.
Still,some have started disrespecting eachother over there on that site, some are boasting that on their little knowledge of amharic, so post those illustrations for them if you can.

whats that saying they have,"a little knowledge is a dangerous thing"
i never knew where it came from,but i see now there is some truth in it.

Blessed Love
Jah Guide
Rastafari

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 6/15/2008 3:43:36 PM

On the Rasta Ites board, where I think Yaa originally got this from, or at least that's where I first saw it, One left an email link for One's who had any questions in regards to the reasoning. So I emailed them and said they ought to read this thread, hopefully they will, and perhaps an Iclusion will come of it, perhaps not, but I think the I's ought to represent their stance in light of what has been said here, as well as in the evidence of the pictures. We'll see...

SELAM

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/16/2008 1:17:04 AM

I wonder what they think if somebody instead wrote Haile I Selassie?

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Aset Sent: 12/23/2016 3:08:43 PM

King Yaa Asantewa,

Give Ieses, for the clarity in your thoughts. I fully overstand your reason, though you try with too much energy of defeat to express your TRUTH. Always recall that TRUTH needs no convincing. Just lay it down and let the remnants fly!
Until there is full overstanding of the syntax of language, emotion, rhythm, and resonance that is IMPORTANT to names and words, then, most will argue from the perspective of limited awareness.

King Asantewa, not everyone will come into resonance with truth and feel it. However, you have argued your point scientifically, profoundly and honestly; I shall say to the I, you are in full resonance with TRUTH, and I have learned much from your scholarly essence. I will from now on follow and use your divine tutelage.

My Title for H.I.M. is: H.I.M. Haile Sealssie I, King of Kings, Lord Of Lords, Conquering Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah, Root and Offspring Of David, The Bright Morning Star, Heart Of The Falcon and The Supreme Galactic Emperor.

For those without knowledge of; Compound names are common in a few languages and cultures. Some are given names which is a complete paragraph, not just a sentence. Ethiopian names are among the few, where a name is a phrase, or a sentence. Let us not forget our selves when we decide to ridicule a very important element in King Asantewa's learned sharing.

We have a tendency to bastardize someone's name without care; NAMES ARE IMPORTANT! It does not matter HOW LONG WE HAVE BEEN WRONG, WE ARE WRONG ANYWAY! When given the opportunity to correct our wrongs, we fail in doing so because of laziness!

Henceforth, I will remove the "I" after Selassie and place it in front of his name or use the correct reference "Qedamawi".

One Harmony!
P.S. "Rastafari" is DEFEATING THE POWER OF RAS TAFARI; two words not one! That's why Ras Tafari don't work for most because they are calling upon a non-entity!

To those making a joke of this; there are enough reality shows on TV, we don't need one on the name of I.H.S.. The comedy show has no place in his name!

Messenger: Jesus Emmanuel Charles Edward Sent: 12/27/2016 1:06:39 PM

I agree with most reasonings, but I dont see offence to mention " Selassie I ". Man simply states that he is one soul with the holy Trinity of Ras Tafari.
I and I are one with my Father.
Selassie I

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/27/2016 3:56:33 PM

Bag of foolishness.

Rasta know Haile Selassie I means Haile Selassie the 1st. We know the roman numeral for 1 looks like an I and we capitalise off of this inna we Iyarics. That is all.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/27/2016 4:12:14 PM

The correct english pronunciation of Haile Selassie I is Haile Selassie the 1st. If you pronounce the I as an EyE and not 1st then you are speaking Rasta dialec. Not ahmaric, not english

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 12/27/2016 5:19:55 PM

GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: Today 12:56:33 PM

"Bag of foolishness"

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Messenger: Sister Ifua Sent: 2/7/2017 8:46:37 PM

Yes.
That year I didn't overs why InI quarrel about two things that are equally right.
As a dilligent student of Amharic I enjoyed that the 'Qedamawi' came more into InI speech, but at the same time never accepted that the traditional 'Haile Selassie Eye' was beaten upon. How can you do that when InI tradition is not even wrong! Rastafari people recognize H.I.M. as THE FIRST always and everywhere and even in the english language with english grammar. InI lifted up His Name even higher when saying "I". Like "EYE", like "HIGH" and so on. WordSoundPower was on an english basis, not on amharic. And it was real strong!
So I will never give up beautiful traditions for a 'wanna be truth'.

It was good to win the 'Qedamawi' but bad to lose the 'I'.

Cause Haile Selassie is I. I in JAH and JAH in I. Can't tek that away from I.

HAILE I SELASSIE EYE JAAAH RASTAFAR-HIGH!

Messenger: Jahkhannun Sent: 6/1/2017 2:35:49 AM

Haile Selassie I, naturally.
I am that I am

1 - 1011 - 20

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I