Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=286&start_row=1

Sunday meditation

1 - 4
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 4/18/2004 10:18:26 AM

BUNNY WAILER
"reincarnated souls"

We are reincarnated souls from that time,
Living on earth, heat, air and water in dis ya time.
Living on earth, heat, air and water in dis ya time.
In the beginning was the Word,

*******John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.)

And the word manifested itself in the flesh,

*******(John 1:14 - And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
*******1 Timothy 3:16 - And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.)

Which ever became man,
All because of the divine plan,
Man being lower than the angels,

*******(Psalm 8:5 - For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.)
*******(Hebrews 2:7 - Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands:)
*******(Hebrews 2:9 - But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.)

Over all earth was he given dominion,

*******Genesis 1:26 - And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
*******John 5:27 - And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.)

He devised his own destruction,
But the Word lives on and on.
He who is weary, let him come hither.

*******Matthew 11:28 - Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.)

He who has eyes to see,
Let him look yonder.

*******Deuteronomy 29:4 - Yet the LORD hath not given you an heart to perceive, and eyes to see, and ears to hear, unto this day.)

He who is thirsty, let him drink clear water.
Drink water children,
Drink water children,

*******Isaiah 55:1 - Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. John 4:14 - But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. Revelation 22:17 - And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.)

Coz it's the age of Aquarius,
Can't you see, its dawning, dawning!
It's the age of Aquarius,
See how much it's shining, shining!
Keep your love lights burning, burning!
Little children, keep your dreads
Don't be afraid of the thunder and lightning,

Coz we are reincarnated souls from that time,
Living on earth, heat, air and water in dis ya time,
Living on earth, heat, air and water in dis ya time,
Nothing is new under the sun,

*******Ecclesiastes 1:9 - The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.)

All has been here since time begun,
And with all the years we've spent,
Only changing names protect the innocent,
Like a seed planted by the water,

*******Psalm 1:3 - And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
*******Jeremiah 17:8 - For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.
*******Ezekiel 17:5 - He took also of the seed of the land, and planted it in a fruitful field; he placed it by great waters, and set it as a willow tree. )

Prepared to die before new birth,
Changing its form to another,
Taking on a structure just as the first,

He who is weary, let him come hither.
He who has eyes to see,
Let him look yonder.
He who is thirsty, let him drink clear water.
Drink water children,
Drink water children,
Coz it's the age of Aquarius,
Can't you see, its dawning, dawning!
See how much it's dawning, dawning!
Keep your love lights burning, burning!
Little children, keep your dreads,
Don't be afraid of the thunder and lightning...

Messenger: the rock Sent: 4/18/2004 10:47:22 AM

JAH MEDITATION, ini pray these things be in the heart of one and all.
for what good is it to gain the whole world if ya lost your soul,as it is in the begining so shall it be in the END(jah love with out ending)

Messenger: Ras John Sent: 4/18/2004 2:10:16 PM

Yo Nefertiti that song is hype... definately one of my favourite Wailers songs... its so spiritual... mystical, ya kno? Straight from the Scripture...

Yesterday (the Sabbath) I was Iditating and things... see, on the Sabbath I cover my hair normally with a sort of scarf or bandana type deal ya kno... acting in INI I-votion to the AlmightyI... and on the Sabbath is the day that many of INI bredren do not keep their hair(locks) covered but they do the rest of the week... And I noticed that to INI, keeping my hair covered on the sabbath but letting it loose the rest of the week is a way of putting I-self in humility for the sabbath, seen? INI see the Sabbath as a time to live up yourself, keep what is dearest closest to you in body and all over ya kno...
Yeshua dies on a Friday at dusk and rises on Sunday at dawn... JAH rest for the Sabbath, seen? People sometimes call death the eternal slumber... but for JAH it just temporary... that is what the Sabbath has got to be... a break from everyday life and a day of devotion to JAH and to your purity... of course every day gotta be pure but on the Sabbath every action must be about purity, seen?

Just reading the lyrics of that Bunny Wailer song you post a long with the quotes from Scripture it is just so pure and holy... that's the way JAH works, ya know? Just that positive, divine vibration that you know deep down inside yourself without anyone ever having to teach it to you... In that song's lyrics it says so much... just about everything... A great post, Nefertiti... blessed...

Ras John

Messenger: chinyre Sent: 5/30/2006 6:55:13 PM

"Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet beofre the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LOrd" Malachi 4:5

"And the asked him, what then art thou Elias? and he saith, Iam not"
John 1:21

"The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done; and there is no new thing under the sun" Ecclesiastes 1:9

From "Rastafari for the healing of the Nations" :

The notion of reincarnation is on of those fundamental laws of nature that Rastafarians identify with. At the root of this belief is the ancient African belief in immortality and and in the cylical nature of the universe. Whatever goes around, comes around. Each person eventually gets his or her just reward.

I overstand that Africans see time as cyclical as opposed to linear which gives rise to sacred cycles. The divine I can never die. the subjective I may physically die but I the Almighty Jah Most High can never die.

1 - 4

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I