Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2838&start_row=1

White or Black?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 39
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jonas Sent: 6/9/2008 5:19:27 PM

Bless!

Keep finding posts about white vs black on all Rastafari forums and keep asking myself why this is?

I want to state once and and for all that not all white people were involved in the slave trade - and some west african tribes participated with great enthusiasm. The discussion is just as ridicolous as that all germans are nazis, all Israelis are against arabs e t c.

Look at all tribal wars that go on in Africa - crimes comitted by black people against black people. The genocide going on between different tribes in Africa is no different than the ones happening in former Yugoslavia, Iran or Iraq. Slavery has been a way of life in most cultures - a way of treating captives of war since the days of the romans. By saying this I do not approve, I just want to raise the question - why should people of different colour not be able to unite when they have the same beliefs? Why is it so important to exclude someone?

Should whites be able to be spokesmen for Rasta? Of course they should. God does not judge you by the colour of your skin but by your deeds. Neither should there be any questions of a black person becoming pope if he or she should want to. Bad peple are bad people no matter te colour of their skin. Letīs not perpetuate the animocities by letting skincolour be the main focus.

Jonas

Messenger: IDread Sent: 6/9/2008 6:07:43 PM

Jah blessings

I as a white rasta have faced very little prejudice from my fellow rastas. The few I have met that have objected to I faith because of the colour of I skin I wouldn't call true rastas.
Selassie I said "the colour of a man's skin is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes" and that is how I see rastafari belief. Jah does not discriminate so neither should rastas. In fact I have even had to act as a spokesperson for rasta when people who don't overstand ask I about rastafari.
And the I is right. Both white and black commit horrific crimes against their fellow human beings so it is hipocracy for a any man to critisise all of a racial group for commiting crimes against humanity.

One Love

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 6/9/2008 7:06:46 PM

blessed love
THE BLACK CHRIST SALVATION STANDS ..INTERNATIONALLY WITH JOY
MAN OF RT IS GOD IN FLESH
MAN OF EVIL IS SATAN..
HOLY IMMANUEL I SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 6/10/2008 7:38:06 AM

I really think people are more critical than their own. I face discrimination for my beliefs and demeanor from black people. But I must say that the same black people who diss me and speak of me in the 3rd person like I'm not even sitting there will embrace people of other races right in front of me.

I think this comes from the old saying that those who love you are more likely to hurt you because they have more access to you, hence black on black crime, white serial killers, etc.

-RSK

Messenger: judahheart Sent: 6/11/2008 10:14:19 AM

Greetings. Please explain to me, do caucasians really understand the meaning of Rastafari?

No scientific debate, no selecting or quoting HIM, just do you all get it?

Bless

Judahheart

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/11/2008 10:51:45 AM

Some do, some don't.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Nyam Sent: 6/11/2008 11:50:43 AM

Just adding to Ark I's writing: some do,and ALOT DON'T.The majority critisize our philosophy,and preach there X god,and it's not just white,it's black to!

Holy I

HOLY MARCUS EMMANUEL I SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI!!!!

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 6/11/2008 12:03:21 PM

A PERSONS COLOR HAS NOTHIN TO DO WITH UNDERSTANDING..
THERES IS FOLLY IN ALL RACES
BUT THERE IS BLACK WHITE HISPANIC AND MIXED RCAES WHO ARE PRIESTS OF THE E A B I C
AND PRIEST HOOD ISNT JUST GIVIN ,IT COMES FROM OVERSTANDING ..
SO YEA SOME DO SOME DONT BLACK AND WHITE

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 6/11/2008 1:34:20 PM

Do all Afrikans understand Ras Tefari?

Some do and a lot don't.

-RSK

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 6/11/2008 2:08:41 PM

blessed love

does Barrack Obama overstand Ras Tafar I? does 50cent?
I find this discussion funny...forget about the color of the skin...man woman is devided only by their works...yes black people are downpressed, yes black people has more reason to overstand Ras Tafar I, but it all boils down to each individual. It's really time to heal and view past InI differences, especially such petty thing as skin color, culture is biger difference and yet from different cultures come people of all shapes and shades and unite under the banner of R. What's not to overstand? I know that this world is divided, but R InI of this world as people of R? shouldn't InI be worrying ourselfs wit more important things than, such ignorant prejudice like "do yt ppl overstand Ras Tafar I?"

Emmanuel I Selassie I JAH Ras Tafar I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 39

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I