Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2829&start_row=91

Black President

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 153
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/5/2008 11:01:29 PM

As the Most High Jah says

Democracy, Republic:

What do these words signify?

What have they changed in the world?

Have men become better, more loyal, kinder?

Are the people happier?

All goes on as before, as always.

Illusions, illusions.

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 11/7/2008 6:22:32 AM

Yes Ark-I, I was watching a news program over here the other day that was covering the election day and getting vox pops from the long voting queues and all that. And the journalist made a very interesting point... he was like, the tag lines PR methods of the campaigns have clearly worked very well, particularly for Obama. And they did a collage of vox pops of Obama supporters all saying, "yeh, we gonna vote Obama cos we want CHANGE" "this country is ready for a CHANGE" "I think its time that America had a CHANGE of direction" "we're lining up to vote for CHANGE". It was change, change, change, change, change. Then the journalist started asking some of them, 'what is this change you are voting for?' (you know how the British stay when they are entitled to cynicism)... and most of them, were like :o Could not on the spot identify the change they had been promised... one young lady was like... 'well, when I finish college, I wanna be able to get a job and make some money!' ohh... kay.

But, yes... it is quite interesting that the mass hysteria surrounding and supporting the promise of change is completely overlooking the fact that a promise of change is only exactly just that; a promise of change FROM something. The million... or do we now talk about trillion dollar question is; Change TO WHAT?

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 11/7/2008 9:00:08 AM

I've been saying this for more than a year. Funny but sick.

-RSK

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/7/2008 12:32:51 PM

I sometimes get an email from Mack-Ace Promotions. I don't know how I got on their email list, I am guessing that somebody gave them my email address. They promote reggae shows and other African centred events in the US .

Here is an email I received from them today:
------------------
THE WORLD FAMOUS RADIO SHOW "MUSIC LESSONS"

HOSTED BY: LUTHER MACK ON WAVS 1170 AM

EVERY SATURDAY FROM 4 PM TO 6 PM

THIS SATURDAY WE WELCOME: MIKEY SPICE, MICHAEL RUSTLE
& ZEMROY "CODE RED" LEWIS

FOR ADVERTISING 305 778-7228

LISTEN ON THE WEB @

WWW.WAVS1170AM.COM

WE SALUTE OUR PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA
------------------

Barack Obama hasn't done any work as president yet, he will be taking over the office in January. So how can somebody be so quick to salute their president Barack Obama when they don't even know what kind of president he will be. I doubt they saluted any other president before Barack, especially not before the person even took office.

Is the only reason they salute their president Barack Obama because Barack is part black? How can people so blindly follow and salute somebody just because of the colour of his skin?

I Iverstand it in a way, because this is the first time a black man became president in the US, but can't people recognize the significance of that without automatically putting their full trust in him? People really make things too easy for the DemoCrapublicans. They make it so easy for the many-faces to control them with propaganda.

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 11/7/2008 1:01:53 PM

Ark I, this is exactly what I'm speaking of. They did it when Clinton was elected as well and even referred to him as "the first black president" or "the man who painted the white house black", and played parliament and funkadelic songs from the 70's that bore a similar title.

So where is this blind following going to end up? concentration camps? mandatory sterilization? microchip'd? criminalized by association? paperless medium of exchange?

"they're not dealing with the real issues"..................

-RSK

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 11/7/2008 2:31:09 PM

They will never deal with the real issues. While america is hyped up with this Congo is a mess, not that america will do anything, but it is in the shadow of things instead of confronting it.
Now that a real issue.

p.s do the i what the Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi described Barack Obama on Thursday as "young, handsome and even tanned."LOL

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 11/7/2008 5:14:49 PM

i am diffrent, i live in a country and am not even registered to vote, cause none have inspired me, if i lived in america i would have regestered and helped out.

we talk of the spirit that we lived by it, but if we lived by the spirit we could see and tell people and there intentions.

as a black man he come with a diffrent perspective and expirence which will influence his polices, that is a change,

but not an immediate change but in people perspective

he is only human

his majesty ask that we should be in the political process

but again thats people, we have the power in our hands and no one can keep ini down,

selassie i done conquer

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 11/7/2008 6:21:42 PM

Ras Power, much is made of this right to vote, however many criticize those who choose not to exercise it. It is a priviledge and a right, nothing more. The minute we expect everyone to vote, it becomes just as bad as not allowing ones to vote because it infringes upon their freedom of choice.

I have to ask the I how much do you know about the politrickal shitstem in amerikkka and what is the source of your info? Why would register and help and what do you know about Barack Obama outside of what the propaganda machine has put out? On what basis do you assume that he is coming from a different perspective, and exactly what perspective is that? Is it his slightly tanned skin?

Something to ponder, I mean really think about this thing I draw correlation to without immediately reacting.

Lincoln was praised for freeing the slaves. By the time this was done, they weren't trying to go nowhere anyway; most of them stayed on the plantations as share croppers and had been there for so many generations that they were extensions of the family, in some cases.

Now, is it possible, taking in how economic and military decisions have dominated global affairs, that the right to vote was given as a token to feed emotional needs, knowing full well that voting is meaningless?

Google Bohemian Grove - this is just one evidenciary event that has a lot to do with how heads of state are selected world wide.

In the event that election turn outs don't mirror the predetermined result, as in 2000...............the rules are changed and in that case, the supreme court appointed the president.

Just think about it.

-RSK

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 11/8/2008 3:15:10 PM

Do you think that this is a likely scenario??

You have two candidates with different economic plans.
One promotes "trickle down" economics, let the rich get richer and let it trickle down to the less rich, basically what G.W.Bush has been doing for the last eight years
The other promotes redistribution of wealth,which is a "change" from the last few years of Bush.

Then, right around election time, you make the stock markets begin to crumble
You just made sure that people will vote for "change" from the last eight years.

No proof,no hard evidence, just instinct talking

Messenger: Ten Sent: 11/8/2008 4:33:23 PM

Blessed Love
I just found this online - its Mumia talking about Obama's election.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 153

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I