Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2785&start_row=1

Advice/help

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jahguideini Sent: 5/7/2008 10:38:51 AM

I need some advice on how to deal with my girlfriends drinking. I don't drink and was raised to think drinking was bad. My step-day was a HUGE alcoholic before he passed away. On the other hand my girlfriend was raised totally different.

When she drinks its she only has two beers and I know that's not a lot at all. She's not going crazy and is being responsible. She only drinks with her friends and family and is not an alcoholic. I have the hardest time being "OK" when she is drinking, it gets me upset and upsets her as well. Its fair for her to have a good time but its not fair for me to feel like the way I do either. I've told her how I feel about it and have even cried to her over the issue. It makes me sad and fearful.

I pray for strength and guidance but is really hard for me to handle this. Do you have any suggestions on how to handle the issue.

Give thanks
Ras Ryan

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 5/7/2008 11:17:01 AM

THAT BOILS DOWN TO COMPATABILITY
MY LAWD
ONE HAS TO SACRIFICE EITHER U OR HER SHE STOP DRINKIN
OR U ACCEPT IT
OTHER WISE U JUST KEEP UP THE TENSION VIBES U KNOW?

Messenger: Jahguideini Sent: 5/7/2008 11:30:14 AM

Seen, she has already compromised and is drinking less. So its only fare for me to compromise but its the hardest thing for me to do. I pray about it but its hard.

Messenger: Jahguideini Sent: 5/7/2008 11:34:29 AM

Has anybody had to deal with this and how did you deal with it? Does Jah look down on people who drink?

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 5/7/2008 11:57:50 AM

JAH LOOKS DOWN ON EVERY ONE MY LAWD
U COULD BE A MAN THAT NEVER HAD A DRINK RIGHT?
BUT U COULD BE A LIAR A CHEAT A GAMBLER A KILLA U KNOW ?ANY THING
THERE IS BUT ONE PERFECT BEING ON CREATION EVERY ONE HAS FLAWS INI JUST HAVE TO MAKE IT OUR BUISNESS TO CORRECT OUR SELVES
MY SISTER IS A RECOVERED HEROINE ADDICT AND SHE SAYS THAT NO ONE BUT GOD CAN MAKE ANY ONE STOP DOIN ANYTHING NO MATTER HOW MUCH WE LOVE SOME ONE
PEOPLE DO WAT THEY WANT TO

MY LAWD U MEMBER IN SCHOOL THE TEST THEY GIVE US WITH THE SHAPES
U CAN TRY TO PUT A SQUARE IN A CIRCLE ALL DAY LONG KIK CRY
ALL OF THAT ...WONT MAKE IT FIT
SEEN
MY LAWD ?
THE CIRCLE FITS THE CIRCLE THE SQUARE FITS THE SQUARE BLESSED LOVE

Messenger: jah seek Sent: 5/8/2008 3:46:46 AM

Ras Ryan, When you first met did you both drink alcohol? If not, did you know that she drank alcohol before you started dating her?

Messenger: Jahguideini Sent: 5/8/2008 11:15:01 AM

I knew she drank but she is a really awsome person so I thought I could handle it. Its been harder than expected and it will be something ill have to work on and she knows that. In a sense its like David VS. Goliath, anything is possible to overcome with the help of the Most High Jah Rastafari. which is something i've known but recently he has helped me realize this.

The unfailing love of the Most High will keep InI from stumbling.

Give Thanks,
Ras Ryan

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I