Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2727&start_row=51

Masturbation

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 55
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 3/21/2020 5:23:43 AM

nor do I want to turn my back completely on Garvey's arguments about homosexuals.

For example, there have been philosophers who have argued why pedophilia was "natural" and ok. something so wrong.

That doesn't mean I necessarily agree with Garvey, but I listen

Messenger: CarterBlunt Sent: 3/21/2020 11:05:52 AM

Yeah, sexual attraction to minors is a dysfunctional instinct, but I would rather they be honest about it so they can have some kind of support or healthy outlets, instead of having their perversions forced underground where there is no accountability. If someone says they have attraction to minors, society treats them as if they've already done something wrong. Pedophilia doesn't mean you're a statutory rapist. It's the same thing with homosexuality, not all homosexuals are sexually deviant perverts, but you have bigots who treat them that way, forcing them to hide their nature and it ends up being expressed in unaccountable ways, where there is no scrutiny placed on their behavior.

Is pedophilia natural? Yes. But that's sorta why the argument from nature is a fallacy, specifically an "argument from authority" fallacy. Who would try to argue that something humans and animals have done for millenia is unnatural? The question should be is it healthy, or is it functional? People are cherry-picking which parts of nature they want to acknowledge. Heartworms are natural. Rape and murder are natural. Dying of starvation is natural. If we are dropping the ego, everything humans ever invented is natural. It's not as if humans at some point stepped out of bounds. Babylon is nature's baby too.

I do learn a lot from both Garveys and IPX, but I see Garveys as more of a dictionary/encyclopedia full of old info that never updates, and IPX as sort of a wikipedia, containing more non-mainstream info that others can add to and be asked for citations, and if you find flaws on the page, the page improves as a result. Both are valuable, but I get along better with IPX because I'm a very skeptical person, I need more proof or explanation before I will accept something, and he is willing to confront my arguments. Usually when I contradict Garveys, he circles back around to something he already said and asserted without proof, so I just try to consider on my own what truths might be in it. I don't think he will gather much value from interacting with me, but he might find me fun to laugh at sometimes.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/25/2020 10:40:09 AM

'See the hypocrite dem a guh long deh'

I don't come to change the mind of any one. I here to reason among Rastafari and to promote black supremacy to black people

And careful with anyone who claim Rastafari need updating etc. DEM a dangerous kind of vampire.

0 further replies from I

Rastafari Black Ipreme

Messenger: Bomboclaat Sent: 3/28/2020 4:36:29 AM

Its forbidden to kiss
mouth is made for eating and drinking....

Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 3/28/2020 6:57:09 AM

I believe too there is so many things as "designed" So if it feel natural and you have balance in your actions i see it just like drinking water with balance

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 55

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I