Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2705&start_row=11

"Rent a Rasta" Movie online now!

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 26
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/10/2008 3:12:08 PM

I can see how Prince Hotep and Rook Fari interpreted Yehyah statement the way they did, but I didn't interpret it that way. When I read it the first time, I interpreted it the way that Yehyah said he meant it. And as Yehyah clarified, it was not his intention to say what the I them misinterpreted.

He said,
---------------------
The reason is, that film was not produced by Rastafarian but only features Interviews and participation of certain Rastafari individuals, mainly from Bobo Congress. That's why the narrator said certain things about Rasta which are not true, like the claim RAS TAFARI means Head Creator.
---------------------

The first sentence is showing that the reason their were errors is that it was not a RasTafarI that produced it, and that the only thing that it had that truly related to RasTafarI is the interviews with some RasTafarI, mainly the Bobo. Then the second sentence is confirming that because it was not produced by a RasTafarI, then the narrator said certain things that are not true.

There is no need to go up in arms over what Yehyah said, he just unintentionally structured his sentences in a way that has lead to misinterpretation.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 4/10/2008 4:05:06 PM

BLESSED LOVE ARK I
NO ARMS JUSS WORD SOUND...MY LAWD
I STILL SEE NO CLARIFICATION
THE MAN NEVER EVEN SAID WHAT RAS TAFARI MEAN AFTER HE CORRECTIN PEOPLE...BEIN OFFENDED SEEN MY LAWD?
AND HE NEVER HAD TO MENTION BOBO HE SUMMED IT UP WHEN HE SAID
but only features Interviews and participation of certain Rastafari individuals.....HE HAD TO GO ON AND SAY BOBO CAUSE THEY HAD THE BIGGEST TIME SLOT IN THE MOVIE BURNIN THE FIRE {FOR ONCE} SHE DIDDNT EVEN HAVE TO SHOW THE WORLD REAL RASTAFARI POINT OF VEIW!
SHE COULD HAVE MADE A FILM THAT HAD THE WHOLE WORLD LAAUGHIN THINKIN INI IS ALL SOME MONTEGO BAY HOOKERS SELLIN OUT OUR GOD AND KING
FURTHER MORE
IF SO CALLED RASTA PRODUCE THE FILM
IT WOULD HAVE LEANED TOWARD WHAT EVER MANSION HE WAS FROM AND THE BOBO
WOULDA BEEN LEFT OUT LIKE ALWAYS
CALLIN THE BOBO ECCENTRICK OR WHAT EVER
THE BOBO COME AND BLAZE THE FYAH HOT
HOW BOUT TALKIN ABOUT THAT INSTEAD OF THAT SLIK ONE THE MAN PULLED

BLESSED LOVE

Messenger: Sis Irijah Sent: 4/10/2008 4:48:25 PM

greetings

thinking that perhaps the film was ineptly titled.
seems like the rent-a-dread vibe was secondary...presenting the phenomenon as the pestulence it is to the livity, seen.
the title, in InI opinion, is misleading, as most that view the film will see the main body of the ras presented as being renta....because that is what they want to see. InI feel a definable "line" should have been made in the film as to who were the rentas and who were not. the idren in the white kerchief for example, is not a renta, but could be made to seem so in a ones mind if one did not know.
the I's see InI?
come let InI reason...

blessings

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/10/2008 6:28:00 PM

Does a manīs past words and works count for nothing?

I am surprised at the i them who accuse Bro Anbesa of such underhanded dealings.
I am surprised at the i i idren Hotep. The i asked for clearance and the brethren gave it to you and you accepted rightly. So why you get riled up again when someone else comes in with the same misinterpretation.
I am surprised at the i Rook. The i know i already, if i really thought that one was disrespecting Bobo in anyway, i would be right beside the i burning him/her out
Is it really that hard to see what Anbesa was sayin??
Rook, the i say, no matter how you read it says the same thing.
I agree
But what it says to you, is not what it says to i

"THE REASON IS, THAT FILM WAS NOT PRODUCED BY RASTAFARIAN but only features Interviews and participation of certain Rastafari individuals, mainly from Bobo Congress. THAT'S WHY the narrator said certain things about Rasta which are not true, "

Perhaps i should rearrange the words so you can see what i see

"Except for the participation of certain Rastafari,mainly from the Congress,the film was not produced by Rastafari."

As ini Father has taught ini, search out a matter properly first before going off on someone.

I tell the i them, i really dislike coming in between people but to i, this is nothing but satanīs work, only satan would put idren who i know to be humble servants of JAH at odds against eachother, over what? over nothing

HOLY SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 4/10/2008 6:51:02 PM

Except for the participation of certain Rastafari,mainly from the Congress,the film was not produced by Rastafari."
YES MY LAWD THAT SOUND RIGHT AND WHEN I READ HIS REPLY THE WAY HE PUT IT TO HOTEP IT JUSS DIDDNT SOUND GOOD
REMEBER WE ARE READING NOT TALKIN SO SOME TIMES
WHEN SOME ONE SAY SOMETHIN YOU DONT HEAR HOW THEY SAY IT MY LAWD
I DONT KNOW YOUR BREDREN
I MUST HAVE TO GO CHECK BACK SOME TOPICS..
I DONT REMEBER EVERY THING EVERY ONE SAYS ON HERE MY LAWD
I JUST READ HIS STATE MEANT AND WHEN HE REPLIED TO HOTEP HE WAS...A LIL SLY WITH HIS TOUNGE MY LAWD...
ITS NO HATE ITS JUSS A WORD SOUND REASONIN SEE IT JAH LOVE ONE ANEDDA SAME WAY BLESSED LOVE

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/10/2008 6:58:42 PM

Blessed Love,Ithiopian,blessed love, give thanks. Let Love reign

RASTAFARI

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 4/11/2008 3:10:30 AM

Ises My Lord

I give thanks My Lord Ark I and KebreAb for taking time and pointing that out. If I really caused so much confusion, I am deeply sorry, as all can imagine who know me from posting here. With all due respect, I am NOT an english native speaker, BUT I do believe that I express myself far more clearly than americans who are posting here typing only capital letters without even complete sentences.

As KebreAb pointed out, I wrote that statement to explain and answer a question of one brethren, If I knew that my words were turned around like that and lead so far away from the topic (which I tried to show), I would have kept my time.

Maybe at least now, you think it's possible you can get back and concentrate at the original topic? And bevor it get's misinterpreted again, I did not show you that movie because I think it's a good documentation on RASTAFARI, nor do I agree on how RASTAFARI is presented in the film. It is a film made by the Anti Slavery Society, showing modern forms of (mental) slavery. So maybe we could get back to that, and don't waste so much time on misinterpreting things.

Quedamawi Haile Selassie
Selah

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 4/11/2008 4:52:12 AM

blessed love lords and empresses

Ras Kebre at first I didn't trust the knowledge of English after his reply to my question, as I said I humbled iself and Upologised, yes I asked for clearance from the Man, mind that I didn't start fyah burnin and cussin I just asked for clearance. And what did he say to I

"Whoy my friend, read it, take time to think about it ... THEN answer."

"Why you quote only half a sentence? You also only READ half the sentence?"
But since I was the one who was wrong I didn't say anything about it, but now...

He comes with this arrogance. And now again he comes with his:

"BUT I do believe that I express myself far more clearly than americans who are posting here typing only capital letters without even complete sentences."

Is one afraid to speak straight to the point what one is saying and name the person that one is attacking?

whether he meant to dis Bobo or not I don't care anymore, because he is not the Man whose opinion I should Raspeckt (though I still think as Rook said, that in his heart he thinks Bobo are just mis interpreters, mis educators and mis lead people etc.) since one thinks he is better than I and Rook, probably because we defend Bobo Idren showed in the movie.

Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa the I is coming of slick and smart as a serpent...

Emmanuel I Selassie I JAH Ras Tafar I

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 4/11/2008 6:28:21 AM

With all due respect, I am NOT an english native speaker, BUT I do believe that I express myself far more clearly than americans who are posting here typing only capital letters without even complete sentences. WHERE U GO TO SCHOOL LONDON U HAVE A SMART MOUTH LIKE AN ENGLISH MAN WITH SOFT INSULTS DRY HUMOR

SEE WHAT I MEAN SLY AT THE MOUTH
DONT REFER TO ME AS AN AMERICAN #1 I HAVE A VINE AND FIG TREE
#2 EVERY MAN BORN IN AMERICA DOES NOT GET THE LUXURY OF SCHOOL...NOR SPEAK PROPER ENGLISH
I TYPE HOW I TALK WITH AUTHORITY AND GENUINE FROM THE HEART ..
MEAN EXACTLY WHAT I SAY
IM NOT IN ANY WAY SLIK WID IT
I NEVER EVEN GOT TO TYPE ANYTHING TILL 2 YEARS AGO ..
BUT I DONT HAVE TO EXPLAIN THAT TO YOU
ITS CLEAR EVERY ONE HEAR ON THE FORUM WEATHER AFRICA OR EUROPE HAS HAD A BETTER EDUCATION THAN I
ITS FUNNY TO ME HOW PREDJIDUCE THE WORLD IS TO PEOPLE IN AMERICA
U THINK EVERY ONE IN AMERICA IS EDUCATED ..OR RICH INNA FORM
AMERICA IS A CONTINENT AND ITS NOT THE U K
WE DONT GROW UP IN SCHOOL THEN SERVE IN THE ARMY
IN CANTON WE GROW UP IN THE STREET AND SERVRE TIME IN PRISON
SIMPLE
BY JAH MERCY
I HAVE CONQUERED MY ENVIROMENT SO FAR
AND EVERY DAY THIS IS A TEST
I STARTED COMIN ON THIS FORUM AS A WAY TO FORGET ABOUT WHERE I AM AT A SENCE OF HEARIN OTHER PEOPLE TALK BOUT JAH WAS COMFORTING
BUT IT JUSS THE SAME AS EVERY THING ELSE
FAKE PEOPLE FAKE NAMES AND BY THE WAY ROOK IS MY NAME ASK BOUT ME IN FLORIDA NEW YORK OHIO PENNSYLVANI A TENNESSE
A REAL PERSON WITH A REAL NAME

AND JUST TO BREAK DOWN BARRIERS
I KNOW RAS KEBRA IS FROM ETHIOPIA HE SEEN NUFF THINGS
BUT NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE ESPECIALLY HERE
IF YOU HAVE WITNESSED FAMILY MEMBERS AND FREINDS MURDERED{NUMEROUS}...BLOOD ON THE HOT CONCRETE
AND U WAKE UP TO SHOTS IN THE MORNIN
U GET BEAT BY POLICE FOR STANDING AT THE BUS STOP
THERES NOT MUCH DIFFERENCE BETWEEN NUFF PEOPLE IN AMERICA AND WHERE EVER ELSE U ARE FROM..SO PLEASE SAVE THE PREJIDUCE
FOR A SILVER SPOON FED FASSY
NOT A MAN COMIN FROM CANTON
GIVIN PRAISE TO THE FATHER AND TRYING TO DO RIGHT IN A PLACE WHERE ALL IS AGAINST U
I AM SO BLESSED TO BE ALIVE RIGHT NOW GIVE THANKS FOR KING EMMANUEL GIVE THANKS TO KING SELASSIE I AND EMPRESS MENEN....JAH KNOW THE ODDS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AGAINST ME
SOME SAY ITS HARD TO BELEIVE IN GOD WHEN ALL IS GOIN ON...I SAY ITS HARD NOT TO BELEIVE IN GOD WITH ALL THATS GOIN ON..

LOVE

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 4/11/2008 6:54:04 AM

With all due respect, I am NOT an english native speaker, BUT I do believe that I express myself far more clearly than americans who are posting here typing only capital letters without even complete sentences.
WHY U COULDNT JUST SAY MY NAME I CANT STAND THAT DRY BEAT AROUND THE BUSH .....I HATE THAT IT SHOWS FASSYISM AT ITS FULNESS.........ANY WAY BACK TO THE TOPIC
THE FILM WAS NICE TO ME I WAS A LIL SURPRISED BUT I TOOK IT FOR WHAT IT WAS
AND I WAS HAPPY SOME ONE FINALLY LOOKED TO THE BOBO
TO GET THE REAL FYAH
THAT DOESNT HAPPEN MUCH
BLESSED LOVE

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 26

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I