Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2663&start_row=1

it is strange but .......

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 3/17/2008 9:23:29 PM

have you ever heard something that you agreed with wholeheartedly and yet at the same time, looking from another angle, you wholeheartedly disagree with it?

thas how i feel about this video. Still, ini do give thanks for we do need them ingels there, now more than ever

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 3/17/2008 9:36:17 PM

As the man say, this music come from slavery, and so it does, all black music today and trace back to the Blues, which is just plantation music.
So if we are to let go of all of it,yeah, let it go
but even as i say this, i can hear Luois Armstrong in the back of i head going "I see trees of green, red roses too, I see them bloom for me and you", and i think do we let go of all that too?

i dont know, it is strange to i,
I mean, i hear the Empress saying Reggae soon gone down to the last part of it, and i think, Yes i Empress, let it be dashed away

and yet still, and yet still............

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/17/2008 10:59:01 PM

Yes I Ras KebreAB,

I thoughts are similar to yours.

The way I sight it. Reggae music could never compare to the Nyahbinghi chant. The Nyahbinghi chant brings such Heights and Spirit.

The wickedness that is sung in some reggae music is completely contrary to I and I. But there is many other reggae songs that promote Righteousness and gives and introduction to the ways of RasTafarI. It can never teach the fullness, but the introduction that it gives is a great thing.

Reggae can't bring the Heights and Spirit that Iyahbinghi brings, but some reggae does bring a certain amount of Heights and Spirit. One thing that makes a reggae song bring some Heights is the words, but another thing is the music that comes with it. Some music doesn't bring any vibes, so even though the words are nice, the music is not felt that much within, but when there is the combination of the Right Words and Sound, there is a certain amount of vibes. Like I said, it can't compare to the Nyahbinghi, but it is a good introduction, especially for those that don't have RasTafarI people around them, until the time come when they can be amongst RasTafarI and Sight the fullness of the Heights.

Another thing to. When reggae music is the Right kind of music, it is enjoyable to listen to. People have been playing music from since the beginning. Sometimes for Praise and other times to entertain.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/17/2008 11:14:17 PM

Something I just thought about. When I first learned about RasTafarI. I didn't have any internet to look at to see things about RasTafarI, or videos that show Nyahbinghi Chanting. So music was a great way to start learning, along with the Bible.

But in these times those things are widely available. And one thing that is better than reggae, but not as good as being in a Nyahbinghi Chant, is to view the videos that show Nyahbinghi Chanting. That is a better introduction than reggae for those that can't go to a RasTafarI Chant.

But there are still teachings in the Right kind of reggae and still some Vibes. So I will still enjoy listening to Reggae unless I Irits show I otherwise in the future.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 3/18/2008 6:40:52 PM

Yes I, that is exactly it. No real Ras, atleast not any i have known would even compare Hola Nyahbinghi chant to reggae music.
Still its the "satanic" label that gets me

As I sight it, Nyahbinghi is truly of the heavens, of Zion
Reggae is of this world
But is everything of this world satanic?
Do ini not live in this world?
If not, would Selassie I have told ini to find the balance between the material and the spiritual?
Besides, how can something that feeds so many poor people be satanic, even if a majority of the money earned was to go into babylons pockets, reggae still puts food in a lot of bellys.
And yet, by saying this,am i saying that my faith is not strong enough that Jah will provide no matter what?
No, i dont think so, Jah help them that help themselves,no true?
Royal Bobo might not need nothing from reggae but, the idren them have them brooms and such things, right?

And yet, i dont mean to say anything against this video, i agree with everything said....lol like i said before, it is strange
Perhaps I meditation needs to reach higher still.

But here is something to think about, a "what if" kinda question, alright, might be kinda silly still, but bear with i

Let us say, that the idren in this video are, for lack of a better word, "promoting", Nyahbinghi sound.
Now, though it is highly unlikely, what if, the world was to take Nyahbinghi unto itself, just that it did with reggae in the early sixties and seventies, and suddenly all kinds of people started playing Nyahbinghi sounds, and more, what if another Bob Marley arose, but for Nyahbinghi instead of Reggae?
What are we going to say about Nyahbinghi then?

I hope, if anyone thinks on this, the i them would also keep in mind that the way the idren in the video talk about Nyahbinghi and reggae is the same way that idren in the seventies were talking when comparing reggae music to other types of music

But one thing i do know for sure is
If i was in that kind of place right now,place like Bobo Hill, where ingels are around I everyday, waking up to chants and drums and prayers and thanksgiving, i wouldnt even remember reggae music at all

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/18/2008 11:14:04 PM

The I said,
--------------------
But one thing i do know for sure is
If i was in that kind of place right now,place like Bobo Hill, where ingels are around I everyday, waking up to chants and drums and prayers and thanksgiving, i wouldnt even remember reggae music at all
--------------------

Yes I.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 3/19/2008 6:23:03 AM

blessed love
yes both Ras Kebre and Ark I think the same way InI do and yes I completely agree wit evrything said in the video, but still InI have learned many things by listening to reggae music, because Prince Far I, Capleton, Burning Spear ect. very the only RAS'es to reason with, so to speak, and since it was reggae music that intruduced InI to Ras Tafar I, well of course Selassie I JAH Ras Tafar I intruduced I to Ras Tafar I ways, but still reggae was the first step, so I still play the music, but
"But one thing i do know for sure is
If i was in that kind of place right now,place like Bobo Hill, where ingels are around I everyday, waking up to chants and drums and prayers and thanksgiving, i wouldnt even remember reggae music at all"
Yes I would be the same.
Emmanue I Selassie I JAH Ras Tafar I

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 3/19/2008 12:31:24 PM

SOMETHIN IS WRONG WITH MY COMPUTER..
I CANT SEE WHAT VIDEO IS ON HERE ..I JUST GOT A BOX WITH ALIL RED X
IN IT
FYAH BUN
BUT I THINK, U R TALKN ABOUT THE PREIST DEM ,ON REGGAE IS DEAD VIDEO
LET ME TELL U
I GREW UP TO REGGAE MUSIK
I STUDY THAT MUSIK MORE THAN ANY THING IVE EVER STUDYIED IN LIFE SAD BUT TRUE
MY BROTHER JAH B
TRAINED ME LIKE KUNG FU WHEN IT CAME TO SOUND SYSTEM BUISNESS...
IF ITS THE REGGAE IS DEAD VIDEO
I COMPLETELY AGREE !!!!!!!!!!!!1
REGGAE MUSIK IS ENTERTAINMENT
POOR PEOPLE ALWAYS HAVE AND ALWAYS WILL WANT ENTERTAINMENT
BUT BOBO IS PREIST HOOD
AND THE PLACE OF A PREIST IS NOT ON STAGE SINGIN JUMPIN YELLIN
HIS JOB IS BEHIND THE ALTAR, REMEBER THE CONGRESS IS JAH OFFICE EVERY ONE HAS A JOB ,FROM THE ANGEL AT THE GATE HOLDIN THE FLAG TO DANIEL BAND DRUMMIN TO PREISTS BEHIND THE ALTAR WITH THE SHAKERS
SO WHEN WE COME FROM THE GHETTO
TIRED OF BABYLON JUMP UP
WE ARE SEEKIN GOD
WE COME TO THE OFFICE GATES OF THE MOST HIGH
WHAT THE VIDEO IS DOIN IS SIMPLY PUTTING BOBO SHANTY WHERE IT WAS SEPERATION FROM BABYLON
WHEN U GO A DANCE U MIGHT HEAR A NICE CHUNE CONCIOUS AND U KNOW?
BUT THE LADIES IS HALF NAKED THE MAN DEM DRUNK AND ITS RIGHT BACK TO MAVADO A SO IT GO MY LAWD..
NOW BINGHI COULD NEVER HAVE BEEN MAIN STEEM RIDDIM
THOSE ZION BELLS ARE RESERVED FOR INI WHEN INI GIVE UP CERTAIN LIVIN
AND COME TO THE BLACK CHRIST UPRIGHTLY
AS THE PREIST SAY WHEN U LISTEN ONCE U HERE A GOOD SOUND NICE UP RIGHT SOUND ,AND THEN THE MAN SING KILLIN AND SEX
"WHO ARE U TEACHIN" [U COMIN LIKE PAUL NOW 2 SIDE TEACHIN ]
IS WHAT HE SAID
AND ITS TRUE WHAT MY BREDREN SAID WHEN ALL U HEAR IS BINGHI U DONT CARE FOR REGGAE AGAIN
I STILL PLAY MUSIK AND IM UP TO DATE
U KNOW
BUT I HAVE GIVIN UP CLASHIN AND PERFORMIN
I WANT MY PRIESTHOOD

BLESSED LOVE MY LAWD AND EMPRESS GIVE THANKS FOR LIFE U KNOW
GIVE THANKS FOR THE LIFE GIVER
HOLY IMMANUEL I SELASSIE I

Messenger: BLACK STAR Sent: 3/24/2008 7:36:52 PM

Word, Sound & Power
Living Testimony
> "Reggay is Satanisim" -Transcription and translation-

Honourable Priest Christopher Morant:
- "Yes my Lord, the Honourable Priest Christopher Morant after the Order of Melchesidec, you know, the only Priesthood, you know, four wings of Creation, you know."
- Yes my Lord this little interview is about… on the topic of reggae.
- "Reggae? What you say reggae? reggae? reggae! Hotta Fayah! That a the meditation when it comes to reggae, yeah, cos The Man seh reggae is satanism you know. If a one did come to this and him come to put on him turban pon him head the minute him put on him turban him nuh take part in that no more cos him have on Emmanuel Head now and Emmanuel nuh inna that ! seen! Cos member you know there is a Constitution that tell you reggae is like politics, you know, and you nuh take part in politics and these things cos it a divide and rule system of hate, soundclash and all these things, you know. So you couldn’t serve two masters. My word is if a one did a know seh even if them nuh ready fe leggo the reggae world don’t take up the turban cos it cannot mix !"

Honourable Prophet O´Neil
- "Give Thanks for Our Father Melchesidec who set up this Foundation, you know, and open wide the door, you know, and bid all Ethiopian Sons and Daughters welcome, you know, to partake the Salvation Glory, you know, and true it’s Salvation it nuh mix up with the world, you know. So anything out there of the world, like the music world and the reggae world and… you know, the world we nuh mix up with !

Honourable Elder Empress July
- "Jah deal with Nyahbinghi. Nyahbinghi bring the people together more than the reggae. Nyahbinghi carry more power, you know, Nyahbinghi chant spiritual. Nyahbinghi more spiritual, the reggae nuh spiritual but Nyahbinghi spiritual, cos it bring the people more to god than the reggae!"

Honourable Prophet Rohan
- "If all things is fe Christ, and Christ never come with reggae, than The Man say you seet a one way to the Pearly Gate, a nuh two, so that mean seh if Christ nuh come with reggae that mean seh reggae wrong, seet a must Satan music that so Satan couldn’t lead no one to Life still!"

Honourable Prophet (...)
- "Really as a fact reggae is not the way of Life, you know, a really Nyahbinghi a the ‘Way of Life’ Music."

Honourable Priest Wilton
- "Do Give Thanks again for the Life Giver who teach I&I the Truth so I&I coulda know Good and evil, Selassie I JaH Ras Tafari. We know Our Father say, you know, reggae is a music that don’t uplift your spirit still, you know, it is a death music still, you know, a dead philosophy same way, you know, reggae couldn’t lead no one to Right, you know, reggae more bring more crime and violence as we study."

Honourable Priest Jermaine
- "Yeah man, we do Give Thanks, you know, man seh music, you know, is food for the soul, but which music? Man seh you have a Right Music and you have a wrong music, man seh the Nyahbinghi with the Right WordSound back up, man seh a that Him a agitate for, you know, and we done know seh a DrumSound that, you know, Nyahbinghi Order against the walls of Babylon, cutting and clearing, renting and tearing, you know, cos The Man seh the reggae drop too much ! You know, and The Man seh all a the things that promote a sex and oralism, cos if you see most people when them attend these function, a how them dressed half skin pure, half naked, you know, so a what the music a promote, a what them a live, you know, but The Man seh a dulcimena and satback then it break down into this time till it come to reggae and true it watered down now it turn streggay."

Honourable Elder Priest Forrester
- "With the reggae sound it’s distracting to the Nation, it more like it elevate the rest of nation more like the indian and the chinese them will get more joy and more, you know, pleasure out of it and it will bring more wealth fe them also, so I think the brethren should go into themselves and see clearly seh all praises should go to King Emmanuel, Prophet Emmanuel, Priest Emmanuel, Marcus I Selassie I JaH Ras Tafari!"

Honourable Prophet Kevinton
-"Reggae music is a thing whey Ras Tafari find seh the people them woulda love reggae more than Ras Tafari still, you know, The Man seh reggae a just… Satanism still, you know, so we bun out Satanism all the time."

Honourable Elder Empress Phyllis
- "Yes my Lord, well, my word about reggae is that is a death music, reggae is death, Ras Tafari is Life, so you haffe put down the reggae now, cos reggae soon gone down to the lowest part of the earth."

Honourable Priest Methuselah Makonnen
- "Now these music that came upon us is because of slavery, Honourable my Lord and Empress. Our Father is now here to redeem us from colonialism music, from colonialism eating, from colonialism drinking, from colonialism way of wearing clothes, now to a Black Supremacy way of living where we was from Creational birth!
Holy Emmanuel I Selassie I JaH Ras Tafari"

Honourable Priest Daniel
- "Blessed Love my Lord, yes my Lord, on the topic of reggae now, you know, we know seh the word still, you know, whey come still outta the mouth still a the right word still it right always right same way but The Man seh reggae lead you out of yourself still, you know, you see me, we know seh from Creation seh Nyahbinghi a the first music still."

Honourable Elder Priest Headley Samuels
-"My Lord the all of I&I come a school, Jerusalem School Room, and learn the same thing: seh reggae is Satanism, the word of right whey inna it is good but the music itself is a carrying away because it chant death to the righteous!"

Honourable Priest Wesmore Harvey
-"Remember reggae is the music, you know, behind the words, seet, so we find out a one will sing something Right pon the riddim and by the time you a listen again a something wrong, you know, contradicting it can’t it nuh teach no one nothing, you seet, so as Our Father did even teach us, so the Father so the Son, The Man seh reggae is just Satanism, seet, The Man seh a lot of people, rasta people, partake with reggae, them end up dead like the reggae king, seet"

Honourable Priest Allan
-"Blessed Love, well you see, on the topic of reggae now, well you know, seh I&I Father did done tell I&I seh, you know, seh reggae a satanism, you seet, so we know that reggae music is a wrong right whey I&I nuh support, you seet, so The Man seh if you inna reggae is like your hand inna the lion mouth, you haffe take time and take it out. The Man seh reggae is only could ongle provide you with material things, but it couldn’t bring you Life still a six foot six, you know !My Lord."

Honourable Elder Priest Sheppy
-"Yeah bun reggae ! a just Nyahbinghi Order is the Order of the Day still, you know, them wouldn’t want fe hear nutttn bout no reggae again if them knew the power of what Nyahbinghi really carry still, so we declare reggae is just a out a world satanic kind of music, we a call the people to leggo them little reggae vibes and find back them true selves and their own music which is the Nyahbinghi Order Most Natural! Selassie I JaH Ras Tafari."

Honourable Prophet Rohan
-"Man seh, you know, reggae, you know, if them stay with it a death them deh with, you know, so The Man seh they must come a more Life cos Life, you know, a Life create all things, seet, so they must come among Life, you know, leave among the dead and come, you know."

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I