Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2654&start_row=1

Honour thine Father and thine Mother so that thine days will be Longer and that it may be will with thee

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: IGZIABEHER SON Sent: 3/10/2008 3:54:57 AM

Dear Elders of the Rastafari House In'I have this problem that my parent is totally not for the idea of In'I being and Ganja man and this in turn has created a gap between ours and has caused them to be in opposition to the fact that In'I is burning with the zeal to fulfill the commands and teaching of the Lord to an extent that in the past years when ever there is a clash of ideas iterms of Rastafari and Ganja all In' I books and Scriptures get taken from In'I. Now the thing is that they do not what In'I to use Ganja and Yet In'I know and Feel the changes that has occured to the I since the I started Using Ganja and still Learn and Know that this Herb is not Given by man to man nor is it as they call the a Synthetic laboratory produced subatance, it is give by thr Lord to In'I to be meat, for In'I to use so as to bring Food from the Earth ( psalm 104 : 14. ) is the I transgressing the command of the Lord that say Honour thy Father and thine mother so that thine days will be Longer and that it may be well with thee... when the I is using ganja though the I know that their view is in opposition to what the I knows, beleives and is taught by the Lord???

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 3/10/2008 6:19:51 AM

blessed love my lawd
InI am no elder, but sicne it does seem that no one of the brethren and sisthren who know more than I do is Isponding on this board, so I might take a chance since I know the I situation. Because InI have racist parents, who oppose InI spirituallyti and get I vexed with talks about "that I joined some sect" But the I must remmember that No man can save No man, that every I is Isponsiblle for Iself and Is salavation is the I thing, seems the I is still in school and lives with the I parents, in this case the I just to have sit trough it if the I want to have the benefit(financial) of living with I parents. It does seem that InI parents are more and more relaxed about I being spirituall with days coming because what Ras Tafar I did was make InI a better person in every way. So the I should do what ever the I heart tells you because JAH dwells in the hearts of all living flesh. The I should just follow the I heart on these matters, because reading the scriptures isn't enough because it doesn't apply the I living in Babylon and with Babylon parents.
Keep on carying JAH works don't let go and JAH will help the I

Holy Emmanuel I Selassie I JAH Ras Tafar I

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 3/10/2008 8:28:32 AM

BLESSED LOVE MY LAWD I TOO AM NO ELDER
HONOR THY MOTHER AND FATHER IS A DOUBLE EDGED SWORD,

U MUST RESPECT THEM IN TERMS OF LOVE AND LISTENING..
THAT SIMPLY MEANS DONT CUS DEM OR MAKE DEM FEEL BELITTLED BY TALKING LOUD OR AGGRESSIVE..
OR DOWN TO THEM
MOST LIKELY U WONT CHANGE THEM.
JUST HEAR THEM OUT ..
MUCH MORE
I DONT SMOKE IN I MOTHERS HOUSE
SIMPLE!!
NO ONES PARENTS WANT THEIR CHILD TO GO ANOTHER WAY,
FROM WHICH THEY PLANNED FOR U.
PARENTS IN BABYLON DONT WANT TO HEAR BOUT RASTAFARI UNLESS THEY SEE IT ON THEIR OWN..
OR REALLY DRAWN IN BY YOUR WORDS,THAT IS RARE.
.MY MOTHER DONT FIGHT I ANY MORE..
THAT TOOK 10 LONG YEARS BUT
MY NEICE NEPHEW AND SON HAVE RASTAFARI NAMES...AND THEY LIVE WITH MY MOTHER ..JAHZAE/ KEENAN MOSIAH/ KAYLA JAH LYNN
MY MOTHER SEEMED TO FUSE HER CRISTIANITY WITH RASTAFARI TO THE CHILDREN ....SHES NEVER EVR TOLD THEM THAT I WAS WRONG LIKE WISE I

NEVER TOO MUCH DISS HER VIBES
AND SINCE I KNOW THE BIBLE MUCH MORE THAN SHE OR HER PREACHER IT WAS EASY TO MAKE HER AT LEAST SEE THE CONNECTION OF ETHIOPIA AND CHRIST AND HIS ALMIGHTY BLACKNESS
SO THAT THEY SEE CRIST JESUS AND THEY SEE SELASSIE I
AS THE SAME MAN /GOD
THERE IS NO FIGHTING IN HER HOUSE WHEN IT COMES TO THAT SUBJECT
AND MY NEPHEWS AND SON RUN AROUND CLAPPIN BINGHI
SHOUTIN
IMMANUEL THE 7TH ADONI GOD JAH RASTAFARI AND THEY CALL DEM SELF BOBO AT 4 AND 10 YEARS OLD.. SHE NEVER DISS DAT TOO!!
I OBVIOUSLY HAVE BIGGER IN FLUENCE SINCE CHURCH IS ONLY SUNDAY
AND I MAN HERE 7 DAYS A WEEK BLAZIN THE FYAH HOT
MY FATHER WAS ATHEIST [GONE MOST MY LIFE TILL I WENT 5OO MILES TO FIND HIM] AND BEFORE HIM DEAD HIM SIGHT RASTAFARI,NOT SO MUCH IN LIVITY
BUT HE AT LEAST PRAYED AND ACCEPT HAILE SELASSIE I AND KNEW THE GOD IN FLESH
WHEN I BROUGHT THE TRUTH HE CRIED
HE WAS KILLED 2 MONTHS 3 MONTHS LATER WEARIN A SELASSIE I T SHIRT THAT HE WORE EVERY DAY..U KNOW
MY CASE IS EXTREMELY RARE BUT
PARENTS LOVE U THEY SCARE FOR U U KNOW?
DO YOUR THING AND MAKE SURE THAT THEY KNOW THAT RASTAFARI ISNT JUST WEED AND REGGAE IF I COULD WHEN DEALIN WITH OUT SIDERS I DONT TO MUCH EVEN TALK BOUT GANJA THAT IS THE LAST THING
WE HAVE REPATRIATION ETHIOPIA AFRICA
WE HAVE THE PROPHETS WE HAVE THE BLACK CHRIST TO TALK ABOUT ..
FIRST MANY PEOPLE WONT EVEN TAKE A ONE SERIOUS ,ONCE THEY HAVE WEED ON THE MIND REGGAE AND WEED IS ALRIGHT
I AM A CHAIN SMOKER !!!
BUT NYAHBINGHI AND REASONIN PRAYIN SAYIN THE CREE IN ONE ACCORD WITH EVERY ONE MILES AWAY FROM U IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN A GOOD RIDDIM AND A BIG SPLIFF
I DONT SMOKE AROUND EVERYONE NIETHER
TRUE CHRIST SAID DONT WALK AROUND OFFENDIN PEOPLE
MORE TIMES WHEN U SHOW DEM KIND OF RESPECT
U WONT FIND PEOPLE BURNIN PORK IN FRONT OF U TOO ..SIGHT ?
AT LEAST THIS IS MY PERSONAL OBSERVATION..
EVERY ONE KNOWS I SMOKE U KNOW I JUST DONT WALK AROUND BLAZIN ANY MORE
I WANT EVERY ONE I TALK TOO TO TAKE AS SERIOUS AS THEY WOULD A MUSLIM OR CATHOLIC OR WHAT EVER U KNOW
INI ARE IN BABYLON AGGITATING FOR TRUTHS AND RIGHTS 7 9 0R 13 MILES OF STARLINE SHIP AND THEY MUST TAKE INI SERIOUS FROM OUR PARENTS TO THE UNITED NATIONS WE MUST BE KNOWN AS POLITE RESPECTFUL AND STILL COME IN WITH THE FIRE THAT BUN DEM OUT
BLESSED LOVE 7 WORDS OF LOVE
GOD IS LOVE LET US ALL LOVE

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 3/10/2008 9:07:08 AM

ALSO HONOR THY MOTHER AND FATHER FROM CREATION
KING SELASSIE I AND EMPRESS MENEN
THAT YOUR DAYS
SHALL BE ETERNAL

Messenger: Ten Sent: 3/10/2008 10:33:01 AM

Ises High
I feel both Rook and Prince Hotep's experiences and views are Right, the best is to live by their rules if you live in their house. To honour them don't puff ganja in their house and try and avoid being in confrontational situations where y'end up fighting in defence of your faith. I know sometimes its difficult, I went through my days of fire at home too, but passive resistance definitely works. If you kill someone with kindness, their anger and opposition melts, you can't fight love, esp the love JAH has to give through you. So I'd say just stay irie and do your part as a child to honour your parents. If it infringes on your personal rituals like what you eat then stand firm in what you believe when they see you will not change, they'll give up and let you be. But remember respect is as respect does.
JAH JAH Bless

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I