Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2633&start_row=1

Selassie and Je-sus

1 - 10
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Brethren Sent: 2/26/2008 8:18:17 AM

We trust in JAH Rastafari and believe his divinity. Why is it that we must believe in Christ?

Messenger: Diego B. Sent: 2/26/2008 12:07:02 PM

Christ and Haile Selassie are not two people, nor they are one: simply, Haile Selassie is Christ - Christ meaning "annointed one" is just a Title, then it became a personal Name identifying Iyasus of Nazareth, Who promised to come again with a new Name: now He has come, and has a new Name: Tafari Makonnen -

Iyasus came, and He was -is- Christ; He came again with a new Name, and is Christ still.

the Messiah is one and the same, but has a different Name and purpose than the first time.

Messenger: Brixer Sent: 2/26/2008 3:48:10 PM

Where in the Bible Iyasus promised to come again with a new Name?

And what do you think about this:
"Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." (Acts 4:10-12)

Messenger: Diego B. Sent: 2/26/2008 4:38:26 PM

to Brixer,

the Second Coming, with a New Name, is found written in Revelation 3,12 Isaiah 62,2

As for the second Coming we would go too far, so i will name just a few: Matt 25,19 Luke 19,13 2Peter 3 Rev 22,20 1 Tm 6,14-15 2 Thes 2,8 Matt 24,27 Matt 24,42 these are just a few.
The fact is that, a part from those verses which say "I will come back", the Prophecies of the Old T describe the Messiah, the Christ, "Annointed One", as a Suffering Lamb, and as a Conquering Lion. Since we have already seen the suffering Lamb, what are we waiting for if not for the Lion of Judah? furthermore, we are strenghtened by His Words that He would come again, what should we want more? then, the number two is very significative. Joseph was thrown the first time in the pit, the second time he arose: 2 times. the Laws are two. there is an Aplha (1), and there is an Omega (2) Rev 22,13. There is the last (1), there is the First (2), Rev 22, 13. There is Heaven (1), there is Earth (2). there is the priesthood of Levi (1), there is the kingdom of Judah (2) and so forth...

about the quote from the Acts, i say that Christ is always our High Priest Who forgives our sins, He has the same Powers of ever; the thing is just that He has the New Name, and now He has also the honours of the world, Rev 11,15. The Person is just the same, same Man, Son of man Christ, same Flesh, same Soul, Heart, Eyes, Nose etc..

Messenger: Brethren Sent: 2/27/2008 6:36:10 AM

Many thanks man.Bless

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/27/2008 9:40:17 AM

Here are some of the scriptures related to the new name that Jah came with in this time.

Revelation 2
[17] He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Revelation 3
[21] To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Revelation 19
[11] And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
[12] His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
[13] And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
[14] And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
[15] And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
[16] And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: bishop ranking Sent: 2/27/2008 12:14:15 PM

The second coming of Christ is the millennial reign(a 1000 years reign)after the rapture of His Church and the great tribulation.

Messenger: Ten Sent: 2/27/2008 4:14:18 PM

Irie
His Majesty's words on Jesus provide a good reasoning for I n I:
"There is no greater day of gratitude and joy for Christians than celebrating the birthday of Our Saviour Jesus Christ. On this day of happiness, every Christian, by meditating on [Jesus'] life and the work He accomplished for all of us, tends to forget the trials he faces and the sadness that breaks his heart. At the same time everyone is inclined to minimize the trials and sorrows of his own, his kindred, and friends and forgives those who have grieved him. Since Our childhood, Our innermost thoughts have been overwhelmed by the mysterious deep spirit of the divine infant's birth, which is not only expressive but also glorious and inscrutable. Likewise, no matter what one's reputation, whether one's accomplishment is great or humble, tiresome or fruitless, in the journey of life, the mystery of Bethlehem dominates our spirit.

With the birth of the Son of God, an unprecedented, an unrepeatable, and a long-anticipated phenomenon occurred. He was born in a stable instead of a palace, in a manger instead of a crib. The hearts of the Wise men were struck by fear and wonder due to His Majestic Humbleness. The kings prostrated themselves before Him and worshipped Him. 'Peace be to those who have good will. This became the first message.

When He sacrificed himself at Golgotha for the atonement of our sin, He prayed with His last breath for the forgiveness of those who had tortured Him saying, 'Father, forgive them for they know not what they do'. Shame on those of us who are Christians and do not follow the way of the Savior of the World, whose life was filled with kindness, humility, and martyrdom! If we lived by the laws he gave us and were worthy of being called Christian, peace would have reigned on this earth.

from Christmas Broadcast to America Saturday, December 25, 1937

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 2/28/2008 9:20:52 PM

Praise both comings of the Messiah, and grant mercy on our souls on the Day of Judgement.

Haile I Selassie I

Messenger: I becca Sent: 4/21/2008 11:47:04 AM

Look to your bibles and acknowledge the fact that Christ was a decsendant of king David (as well as solomon). H.I.M is the 225th decsendant of king Solomon (meaning he is also Christs decsendant) its in his blood. Power of the trinity.

Blessed love give thanks for life.

1 - 10

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I