Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2628&start_row=1

HIM's amharic Version

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Diego B. Sent: 2/24/2008 4:21:47 AM

Here it is just an example of the discordnces between KJ Version and Haile Selassie Version:

(in the Blessing of Jaboc for Judah) Genesis 49, 12 -HIM's Version-

An him eye shall be redder than grapes;
An him teeth shall be whiter than milk.

-King James Version-

His eyes shall be red with wine, and his teeth white with milk.

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 2/24/2008 4:40:41 PM

BLESSED LOVE MY LAWD
WHERE CAN INI GET A COPY OF H.I.M BIBLE ?

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 2/24/2008 5:12:36 PM

Ises ites

Give thanks, yes i, i have been telling different idren about those very same lines for years now, (usually when reasoning about herbs), but no one could find it, and i couldnt prove it for i have not had this bible in a long time.
nice to see
bless
Rastafari

Messenger: Diego B. Sent: 2/25/2008 7:10:56 AM

for every one who speaks english, this is the link. it is not the whole ethiopic Bible, there are certain books not included in this translation. but this is the only and first translation in western languages of books like the Maqabyan.

for Ras KebreAB, i suggest the original amharic, that i think you find on the LOJ site. if you don't, just tell me and i will look for it on the web, since i saw it once.

Messenger: Diego B. Sent: 2/25/2008 7:26:56 AM

http://members.aol.com/abaselama/iyaric.html here is the english link

Messenger: Brixer Sent: 3/18/2008 5:53:41 AM

Diego B. Sent: 2/24/2008 4:21:47 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Here it is just an example of the discordnces between KJ Version and Haile Selassie Version:

(in the Blessing of Jaboc for Judah) Genesis 49, 12 -HIM's Version-

An him eye shall be redder than grapes;
An him teeth shall be whiter than milk.

-King James Version-

His eyes shall be red with wine, and his teeth white with milk.

As for me this passage makes much more sense in the King James Version, and in King Selassie Version it looks like a mistake made during one of many stages of translation (either from Hebrew to Greek, or from Greek do Geez, or from Geez to Amharic, or from Amharic to Iyaric). But then, if Haile Selassie I is Divine, why are there mistakes in the version of the Bible, which he ordered to preper and which he authorised and gave his preface to? (I mean the 'Geez to Amharic' stage.) Wouldn't Jah want to provide His people with a perfect version of the Bible?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/18/2008 9:32:23 AM

The passage might make more sense to you in the king james version. But Selassie I version make more sense to I and I.

One thing. People's teeth don't get white when they drink milk. Another thing, Jah RasTafarI, the Lion of Judah, King and God of Israel is not a drunkard, so why would His eyes be red with wine.

But to say his eyes are redder than wine makes sense, because his eyes are as a flame of fire.

Revelation 2
[18] And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;

Revelation 19
[12] His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

And His teeth being whiter than milk shows his good health.

You said,
-----------------------------
But then, if Haile Selassie I is Divine, why are there mistakes in the version of the Bible, which he ordered to preper and which he authorised and gave his preface to? (I mean the 'Geez to Amharic' stage.) Wouldn't Jah want to provide His people with a perfect version of the Bible?

This seems quite presumptuous to say that there is a mistake. Just because one version makes more sense to you doesn't mean the other version has a mistake, maybe the mistake was the mistake of the reader, not of the book. Also, Selassie I didn't translate the scripture into Amharic, it was the men he hired who translated it. They were men he hired, not puppets he controlled.

And anyways, Fire burn you heathen brixer or ras mikael iseedoor. Which guise do you prefer? You didn't come to reason, you come here against Selassie I, it is obvious from the only two posts you made here under the brixer guise. What was your intention, to make the brixer guise the challenger and the ras mikael guise as the neutral person who eventually becomes convinced of brixer? This is a place of RasTafarI people, not heathen. So go away to your own home and stay out of ours, you are trespassing.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Brixer Sent: 3/18/2008 11:20:28 AM

Your interpretation of this passage in KSV does makes sense.

You said,
This seems quite presumptuous to say that there is a mistake. Just because one version makes more sense to you doesn't mean the other version has a mistake, maybe the mistake was the mistake of the reader, not of the book.

That's not only my opinion. Ras Feqade I, the Iyaric-translator of HIM Bible wrote: "The Amharic text of Kufale found in the King Selassie I version does, for reasons I am not sure, contain a few obvious errors". ( source ) And J.M. Harden in his "Introduction to Ethiopic Christian Literature" wrote:
"In the New Testament also, as in the Old, there is a crying need for the formation of a critical Ethiopic text.
As examples of the type of mistake by the translators of the Ethiopic version in all the books of the Old Testament, the following examples which I have noted in the Psalter may not be without interest: ----
In xv. 6 κρατίστοις and κρατίστη are each taken as if from κρατῶ; in both xliv. 9 and xlvii. 4 βάρις is confused with βαρύς; in lxii. 2 ἄβατος is translated 'without wood (or tree)', i.e. a) and βάτος; in lxiv. 8 κύτος is read as κῆτος; in lxvii. 23 the words ἐκ Βασάν are taken as if they were together a part of ἐκβαίνω; in lxxvi. 3 ἠπατήθην is translated as if it were from πατῶ; in cxli. 6 ἠδύνθησαν is confused with ἠδυνήθησαν. In this last case it is possible that the translators found ἠδυνήθησαν in their text, as it is the reading of R (the Verona bi-lingual Psalter) with whose text the Ethiopic Psalter is elsewhere in somewhat remarkable agreement. Both, for example, have in xxxvii. 20 the addition 'and they cast forth their brother as an |43 unclean corpse ' and in cxxxv. 16 the addition 'who brought forth water from the rock, for his mercy endureth for ever.'"

You said,
And anyways, Fire burn you heathen brixer or ras mikael iseedoor. Which guise do you prefer? You didn't come to reason, you come here against Selassie I, it is obvious from the only two posts you made here under the brixer guise. What was your intention, to make the brixer guise the challenger and the ras mikael guise as the neutral person who eventually becomes convinced of brixer? This is a place of RasTafarI people, not heathen. So go away to your own home and stay out of ours, you are trespassing.

"Judge not, and ye shall not be judged; condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned; forgive, and ye shall be forgiven". I forgive you your unjust words. Why do I have two nicknames? Being aware of the fact that my opinions are quite contradictory with some aspects of, lets call it, 'Mainstream Rastafari', I decided to to have another log-in to avoid being occupied all the time with answering possible questions like: "You suggest that there may be mistakes in the King Selassie Version and at the same time you dare to call yoursel 'Ras'"? But let's make it clear: I'm not afraid of such questions and I would know how to answer them. I was also very much aware of the fact that you, as administrator of this reasoning list, could easily find out that Brixer and RMI are the same person. Is having two log-ins forbidden on this reasoning list? Is it why Eleazer1234 had to explain why he has another nick? ( here )

I hope you overstand that my intentions weren't deceitful at all. I don't come here against Selassie I, but against some things within RasTafarI Movement which I consider as misconceptions. I hope this reasoning list is open to everyone who wants to reason (whatever his opinions may be) and I do.

Peace!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/18/2008 3:13:10 PM

From what I have seen in the past, when people come with two names, especially when one name is the instigator and the other name is more neutral, they split up their character in that way very intentionally, for the purpose of deception. So that is why I reacted the way I did.

And I don't have a problem with somebody finding a mistake in the Ethiopian Bible. As I said, the people who translated it were hired by Selassie I, they weren't His puppets on a string. I do have a problem when somebody come and say that the mistakes of some translators means that Selassie I is not Divine.

The main problem I have is when people like you come to try to say that Selassie I is less than who He is. That is something that is not welcome here. It is fine for you to think that Selassie I is less and still reason here, just keep those things to yourself while you are on this forum. That blasphemy is not accepted here and never will be. It is a distraction to useful reasonings. You might think it is useful to speak about such things, but it is no use for I and I. I and I know who Selassie I is and have no need to prove it to anybody else. I and I people will sight it without I or anybody else proving it to them.

Like it or not, that is the way it is and won't change. If you want more explanation about it, then look at this reasoning.

New Season

I tolerate many things outside of I and don't go around trying to force I way on others. This tolerance should be practiced in all countries and states. But this here is not a country or state, this is a forum for I and I to reason about I and I ways. Selassie I was tolerant of many things that happened in His Country and His World, but if they tried to bring that foolishness into His Tabernacle, they would be blazed without hesitation.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 3/18/2008 6:59:10 PM

And still no shame in signing out peace, hmmm

One thing i cant stand is this crooked way of speaking, nothing is said straight and clear
Perhaps you are decieving yourself and not anyone else

this is your word
"I don't come here against Selassie I, but against some things within RasTafarI Movement which I consider as misconceptions."

ok, so what is this misconception?

again your word
". But then, if Haile Selassie I is Divine, why are there mistakes in the version of the Bible"

So? Am i blind are you saying that the Divinity of Rastafari is a misconception?
dont bother reply, i know the answer

Only ones i know who come with two names in the same place are either the two faced ones or wolves in sheep clothing, one name for the wolf , one for the so called sheep

We could reason all year long about translations and mistranslations, but where do you immediately jump to, "if Selassie is divine"??
Pity

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I