Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2607&start_row=1

The Emperor's visit's Mexico

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 2/3/2008 6:38:01 PM

These are newspaper articles from THE ETHIOPIAN HERALD June 26,1954, on HIS IMPERIAL MAJESTY EMPEROR HAILE SELLASSIE I visit to Mexico...
Saturday, June 19, 1954....
His Imperial Majesty arrives in Mexico City. The President of the Republic of Mexico, the under-Secretary of Foreign Affairs, Minister of the Interior, Minister of National Defense, The President's Private Secretary, Chief of Protocol and Mexican Military Officials were at the airport to meet H.I.M. and gave H.I.M. FULL MILITARY HONORS...

Tuesday, June 22, 1954....
His Imperial Majesty unveils a plaque on PLAZA ETHIOPIA, named in HIS HONOR, together with the mayor of Mexico City. H.I.M. attends the ORTHODOX CHURCH and later, at the Central Department, presented the Mayor with a medal. The Mexican Minister of Defense was also decorated by HAILE SELLASSIE I, who visited the Mexican Industry and at Distriuidora Muebles Nacionales a banquet was offered in HIS HONOR. The Emperor visited Guadalupe shrine, where H.I.M. donated a beautiful ETHIOPIAN RUG and Fifteen Thousand Pesos. The Social Security Hospital was also visited by H.I.M......

MEXICO!!!! KNOW YOUR HISTORY!!!!
RASTAFARI

Just wanted to share this with INI
Judah rule the Earth!!!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/3/2008 9:03:03 PM

Give thanks for the article.

It would be nice to see what Selassie I spoke when He was there.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 2/4/2008 7:19:29 AM

Greetings...

Did His Majesty's presence in Mexico have anything to do with the naming of the area in Addis known as "Mexico"?

Selam

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 2/5/2008 4:42:49 AM

Greetings in the name of the MOST HIGH HAILE SELASSIE,
Ark I,
I can't seem to find any speeches of H.I.M in Mexico..Yet.
still seeking though.
SunofMan,
that is a good question...i don't know if the Name was given to the area by His Majesty.As we know the names are being changed every time.example Meskel Square..Abyot..and again Meskel.
i'll try to look into that.
Give thanks
guidance and peace

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 10/10/2008 4:02:11 PM

This is what i could find for now:

Within this context, President Adolfo López Mateos expanded the horizons of Mexican foreign policy. His predecessors had only visited the United States. He organized trips to Europe, Asia and Latin America. At the same time, Mexico received visits from individuals as important as Nehru, Tito, and Sukarno, the main leaders of the Third World; Charles De Gaulle, interested in a closer relationship with Latin America; and the Ethiopian emperor Haile Selassie, who came to thank Mexico for the support of the Cardenas administration during the Italian invasion of Ethiopia prior to World War Two.

Jah be praised
I and i not weary still seeking.

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I