Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2582&start_row=1

Dilemma

1 - 1011 - 15
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 1/18/2008 1:21:50 PM

I am having a little dilemma

For as long as i have learnt of the Holiness of the Sabbath day, i have done i best to keep it and observe it without fail.
Now, tomorrow, i have a chance to do something, which might be considered to be work, and its a chance i cant let pass because i dont know when, if ever, i will get this opportunity again.

Now i am not asking if i should do it or not.
I have already decided that i have to do it, this is important for the future, not only for i, but for those around i as well.

Still tho, i consciousness is kinda bothering i

So,,,,im not really sure what i am asking the i dem,,,,,,i suppose just wanted to hear your opinions,,,,,perhaps some of the i dem have had to make decisions like this in the past........or perhaps i need someone to burn some fire on i...... i dont know

its hard sometimes to juggle between the iritical world and this earthly world,

Well, i must go now and ask i Father Selaasie I and Mother Menen for forgiveness and overstanding.

HOLY I JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/18/2008 4:17:35 PM

As Christ said, the Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.

The Sabbath for man has a purpose that is good for man, just like the 7 year Sabbath for the land has a purpose that is good for the land.

I don't think missing one Sabbath will have a big effect.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 1/19/2008 1:25:58 AM

A Blessed Good Morning to all, it is a joy to awake and sight the glory of the Most High Jah, give thanks for another day, Selassie I Liveth.

Yes i, it is true what the i say, Sabbath was made for man and not the other way around, Yes, i had not thought of that Word Sound, give thanks for the reminder.
but let ini reason for a moment, just for the love of reasoning, so even though i am using some of your sentences Ark I,it is not meant as a disagreement, just have a little time on i hands before i head out.Bless

First, Ini could reason on the sentence "I don't think missing one Sabbath will have a big effect",
ini could question if there is any such thing as a "little" or "big" effect,
i think it is most true of how it is said that what starts as a ripple can turn into a tidal wave

InI might also say that whether it is a big or small effect can only be said by the person experiencing the effects, for example a person who seldom or never observes the sabbath can pass another sabbath and not notice any difference while ones such as i who keep it regular might experience a different effect.

But i want to talk about this word called Sin.
How do the i dem see this, i dont know, it is,at least to i, a bit hard to put into words
but ini know of how those of the christian religion see it, they have this weird ideas all mingled with damnation and hellfire and all that, Sin roughly translates into anything that shows disobedience, disobedience of either their laws, or the laws of the God they believe they know.
anyways, i dont see sin in that way at all. To I sin is right here, in the here and now. To I sin is anything that has the potential of making one stray from the path of rightousness, the path that leads to Mt Zion ,the path to JAH, Love, Togetherness.
So to a christian, to shave and trim wouldnt be considered a sin, but to I, it most certainly is. Why. If i was to trim, there could only be one reason for it,and that is i have given in to vanity. And this would take us back to the "big or "small" effect question because one might say,to trim because you are a little vain isnt much, but then it would be said, if you give in to vanity and trim, what will be the next thing that you compromise? And then what happens when that vanity begins to affect the way one deals with his family and idren and neighbours?

So, the question is, Christ said the Sabbath was made for man, but why was it made for man?
Is it not to help man to stay on the path of Rightousness, to help him move closer to JAH ?
IS it not to give him rest? And doesnt that rest give him more peace and calm, which will ,in turn, teach him to deal with his brothers and sisters in peace and calm, in a godly manner?
So if one considers, like i do, that any step taken that is not in the direction of the Most High is a sin, then is not observing even one sabbath not a sin?
Not a sin becaue some angry god is waiting to punish you, but a sin because of failure to accept something that was created for your own good? For all the Father wants is what is good for ini, is it not a sin to hurt ourselves?
So to i, to say, "it is not a big effect" , it is almost like saying, it is not a big sin..........that would get us into another reasoning on whether there is any such thing as a big or small sin, but i leave that for now

Finally,IF Jah created the sabbath to be a covenant between HIM and ini His children, is it not a sin to break that covenant?

Like i said i man just reasoning for the love of it, hope i didnt go on too long

Blessed heart of Love
Jah RAstafari

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 1/19/2008 5:29:48 PM

blessed love
Yes I
Ras Kebre I sight the I perfectly, I view Sabbath the same, though the Sabbath was made for man, but when Jesus Christ said that, he said defending the Iself for curing and doing good works in Sabbath if the I even do something the most important to do it with clean heart and clear consciousness. Sabbath is a ONE day to rest from Babylon, I fell good after Sabbath it has grate effect to InI life and whole week. Sabbath is a day to rest and praise JAH. Like Bunrning Spear said: "Take one day off and rest yourself, praise your God for another day"
Emmanuel I Selassie I JAH Ras Tafar I

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 1/19/2008 9:56:01 PM

When is a truly positive work ever a sin?

Selam

#
# Matthew 12:1
At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn and to eat.
Matthew 12:1-3 (in Context) Matthew 12 (Whole Chapter)
# Matthew 12:2
But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day.
Matthew 12:1-3 (in Context) Matthew 12 (Whole Chapter)
# Matthew 12:5
Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?
Matthew 12:4-6 (in Context) Matthew 12 (Whole Chapter)
# Matthew 12:8
For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.
Matthew 12:7-9 (in Context) Matthew 12 (Whole Chapter)
# Matthew 12:10
And, behold, there was a man which had his hand withered. And they asked him, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath days? that they might accuse him.
Matthew 12:9-11 (in Context) Matthew 12 (Whole Chapter)
# Matthew 12:11
And he said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out?
Matthew 12:10-12 (in Context) Matthew 12 (Whole Chapter)
# Matthew 12:12
How much then is a man better than a sheep? Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 1/20/2008 9:06:46 AM

Is it a positive thing to cause a child to feel pain?
NO..........is it a sin,?,,,yes

Is it a positive thing to CORRECT a child through some pain WHEN that child is on a stray path?
YES......is it a sin ?,,,,No

Is it negative for a man to harm another?
YES, is it a sin? YES

Is it negative for a man to defend his home and family by causing harm to another who wants to cause him and his family harm?
NO,.....is it a sin? NO

Only TIME AND INTENTIONS

hmm
Idren,Sunofman, im not sure if its in the bible version the i is using, or if the i just chose to omit a line from the chapter,which is the likely thing, but, lol, i kinda wish you wouldnt have left out Ch 12.v 7 of the book of Matthew.
That line comforts i heart more than all those other lines

Yes i, Hotep, it is important that ini refrain from comparing iniselves to HIM. As Christ says, "For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day."
HIM made a covenant with ini.

Blessed Love
JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 1/20/2008 9:33:25 AM

No I, certainly did not mean to omit the verse. I was using the Ible search on this website, after I cut and pasted what I assumed would have been the whole thing, I went back to read it later and realized that the search only put up verses with the word "sabbath" in them, hmmm...leave it to my absent mind and the kjv to flip it up. Now why on Earth would I omit the line? Hope it all worked out for the I, and no doubt, in your analogies it is obviously about the intention. One does not just maliciously treat a child, but discipline towards improvement is striving for betterment, no?

1. At that time Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbath , and His disciples became hungry and began to pick the heads of grain and eat .
2. But when the Pharisees saw this, they said to Him, "Look , Your disciples do what is not lawful to do on a Sabbath ."
3. But He said to them, "Have you not read what David did when he became hungry , he and his companions ,
4. how he entered the house of God , and they ate the consecrated bread , which was not lawful for him to eat nor for those with him, but for the priests alone ?
5. "Or have you not read in the Law , that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple break the Sabbath and are innocent ?
6. "But I say to you that something greater than the temple is here .
7. "But if you had known what this means , 'I DESIRE COMPASSION , AND NOT A SACRIFICE ,' you would not have condemned the innocent .
Lord of the Sabbath
8. "For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath ."

SELAM

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 1/20/2008 10:35:22 AM

Selamta

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 1/20/2008 11:16:31 AM

I have to say one thing before i go,

When i talked of this dilemma, i was speaking of not observing the sabbath for the sake of work

It must be said that, doing JAH WORKS on the sabbath cannot be considered as not observing the sabbath

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/20/2008 11:32:37 PM

Ras KebreAB,

The Sabbath has a few different purposes, as the I mentioned. I wanted to reason about some of the purposes I sight.

For those who don't put much time toward Jah RasTafarI from day to day, it is an encouragement to put concentration toward Jah for at least once every 7 days. This encouragement is there to also build up the person's Irits, so that they see the importance of Jah RasTafarI and I and I communication with HIM, so that they see the usefulness to put more concentration toward Jah every day, instead of just once every 7 days.

And for those that put concentration toward Jah every day, it is an encouragement to Livicate more of yourself and your time and concentration toward Jah during the Sabbath, to Rise Higher. And also an encouragement to do the same from day to day.

The Sabbath also has a physical and mental purpose, to give the body and mind a rest from the work that it does the other days, to build up again.

When I said I don't think missing one Sabbath will have a big effect. My thought was that for a person like the I that observes almost every Sabbath, and especially since your intention and direction is toward the Most High; if the I misses one Sabbath, it won't have a large impact on your Rising, and it is not likely that it will spiral into a situation where the I miss Sabbaths regularly.

When I consider the words of the Bible, on the one hand, there are a lot of scriptures about the Sabbath in the Bible that make it sound so serious, that to even think of doing any kind of work on even one day seems dangerous. And the way people reacted in regards to the Sabbath when Christ healed on the Sabbath, or His disciples picked and rubbed corn on the Sabbath to eat it, shows how people thought about it. Of course part of the reason they made a big deal about it was that the Pharisees were trying to find any way to accuse Christ either through what Christ did, or through what his disciples did; but the reason they were able to use the Sabbath as an accusation was because it was a serious thing to the people.

When they accused Christ for healing on the Sabbath, that relates to doing Jah works on the Sabbath. But when they accused His disciples of picking and rubbing the corn, they were not really doing the works of Jah by picking and rubbing the corn. They were hungry and wanted to eat, and it could have been said that they should have fasted that day and waited until the next day to eat. But Christ defended what they were doing and that is the part where He said "the Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath."

I think the purpose of the Sabbath is the most important thing to remember. Many people have left the purpose of the Sabbath, so observing Sabbath has become vanity for these people. Some people don't buy or sell on the Sabbath, and they make sure to attend their church or synagogue, but they leave out the most important aspect of the Sabbath, to develop and increase I and I communication with the Most High, and to Rise closer to HIM.

And the way I see it, the person that remembers the purpose of all the things I and I were told to do (including the Sabbath), and walks to move toward this purpose and direction, is more acceptable to Jah then the people that observe every single Sabbath in vanity (which a lot of people do). And I feel this is so, whether this person observes many or a few Sabbaths, because if a Man is keeping His Sight and Irits toward the Most High and working hard to trod toward Jah, then they are doing what is acceptable.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

1 - 1011 - 15

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I