Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2528&start_row=1

I WAS WONDERING

1 - 1011 - 15
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 12/26/2007 10:12:22 AM

HOW ONES AND ONES FEEL ABOUT THE E O C
IVE BEEN STUDYING THAT STRICTLY
LATELY
HIS MAJESTY "SWORE" TO UPHOLD AND DEFEND THE TEACHINGS AND PRACTICES OF THE E O C AS THE HEAD OF THE CHURCH
AND TRU MY TRODDING ALL THESE YEARS I LOOKED AND DABBLED WITH IT HERE AND THERE...
BUT MY MAIN FOCUS AND LOVE HAS ALWAYS BEEN BINGHI AND BOBO

NOW I FEEL IS TIME TO REALLY COME TO KNOW ALL ABOUT WHAT HIS MAJESTY UP HOLD AND DEFEND..LATELY IVE BEEN FEELIN LIKE
"I PAINTED MY SELF INTO THE CORNER" WITH ALL THAT IVE LEARNED IN 14 YEARS AND NOW ALL THATS LEFT IS TO TALK ABOUT WHAT I ALREADY KNOW OR BELEIVE...
RIGHT NOW I HAVE QUESTIONS

WHY IS IT IN 14 YEARS MY FAITH GOT SO STRONG BUT IN MY REASONING
I NEVER TOO MUCH MENTION MIRIAM AND YESUS
HIS MAJESTY NEVER LEFT DEM OUT OF HIS DAILY CONVERSATION OR PRAYERS
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE MOST IMPORTANT THING ANY ONE DID FOR INI
ON THIS EARTH

WHY IS IT ON THE BACK BURNER IN REASONING
I ASKED MY ELDER FROM GREENWICH FARM LASTWEEK ..
HE LOOKED PUZZLED BEING 52 YEARS OLD AND BINGHI TO THE BONE HE TOO NOW IS STUDYING ABOUT ETHIOPIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH
SOLEY FOR HIS MAJESTYS TAKE ON CHRIST IN THE FIRST ADVENT
THE ONLY REASON I EVER SIGHT HIS MAJESTY IN THE SEVENTH GRADE ...
WAS I VOWED TO NEVER LEAVE CHRIST AGAIN IN PRAYER...
SINCE I SEEN HIM ON THE THRONE I HAD A DIFFERENT VEIW
IT KIND OF SLIPPED MY MIND THAT...., WITH OUT WHAT HE DID ON THE CROSS,,,,,
SITTING ON THE THRONE WOULD BE ANOTHER SOLOMON DAVID OR MENELYK HIS

BLOOD SHED FOR US ,IS WHY HE CAME ON THE THRONE IN THIS TIME WITH THE TITLES OF CHRIST
AS THE LAST KING OF JUDAH

ISAIAH SAYS THAT AFTER HIM NO ONE WOULD SIT THERE NO ONE [ ILL FIND THE VERSE AND POST IT FOR U "
ANY WAY THE CROSS WAS JUST AS IMPORTANT AS THE THRONE
ITS EVIDENT IN ALL HIS SPEACHES
PLEAse let i know how ones and ones feel about this subject
because i noticed people now a days bun jesus and the bible and still say they are rasta

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 12/26/2007 11:57:50 AM

WORDS OF HIS MAJESTY

We and the Empress, Our family and princes and nobles went to the church at midnight.

It had been arranged that Our foreign guests should only arrive at seven o'clock in the morning and they then took their seats which had been prepared on the right and on the left of the throne according to their rank. The seating order provided that Ethiopian princes and nobles should be interspersed among the foreign guests.

Before the ser'ata negs (the royal ritual) began, the Archbishop, Abuna Qerillos, approached with a gospel bound in gold and asked Us to complete the following words of the oath:

(1) That We should strengthen the orthodox faith which had remained steadfast in Ethiopia from the days of the holy kings Abreha and Asbeha and that We should keep, without disturbance, the laws and ordinances which the orthodox Church has laid down.

(2) That in all We are doing, by Our authority and Our power, to the people in the Imperial realm of Ethiopia We should act with consideration for the interests of the people according to law as well as with kindness and with patience.

(3) That We would permanently maintain the laws We had established after submitting them, of Our own free will, to the Council for advice and that We would safeguard the entire Ethiopian realm and people in accordance with established law and the ordinances of the Council.

(4) That We would assist, by Our good will and authority, the establishment of schools at which secular and spiritual education would be developed in Ethiopia and in which the gospels would be preached.

After We had completed the swearing—in ceremony, affirming Our willingness to maintain all that is laid down above, We appended Our signature thereto.

MORE ....."There is no greater day of gratitude and joy for Christians than celebrating the birthday of Our Saviour Jesus Christ. On this day of happiness, every Christian, by meditating on [Jesus'] life and the work He accomplished for all of us,"

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 12/26/2007 12:27:58 PM

"Our own Church is as ancient as our faith, and her history is replete with accounts of the unswerving faith of our people, the inspiring heroism of our martyrs, the Holiness of our saints. The history of our nation has always been closely related to the history of our Church. and the Church has been both the rallying point and the inspirer of our national unity.

Christianity has flourished in Our country, keeping its original features and character through the centuries. As a nation we have a great debt to the church for our cultural heritage."

SO AGAIN I ASK MY SELF
WHY ARE THESE THINGS NEVER SPOKE OF IN TABERNACLE
OR STREET CORNER REASONIN??? AMONGST INI
IS IT THAT
INI ARE CAUGHT UP IN ORAL TRADITION RATHER THAN SEEKING TRUTH 4 OUR SELVES
OR DO SOME OF US STUDY FALSE TEACHINGS OF PAST CIVILIZATIONS THAT CRUMBLED
AND TRY TO INCORPORATE MYTHOLOGY
WITH RASTAFARI [TRUTH]
I DONT KNOW
BUT ID LIKE TO FIND OUT
TO ME I STUDY HIS MAJESTY
I KNOW WHO I PRAY TO
I STUDY WHAT HIS DAILY LIFE WAS LIKE
HOW DID HE PRAY
WHAT IRRITATES HIM
WHAT PLEASES HIM
LOL
ONCE ......
SOME ONE I KNOW SEEN A PICTURE OF A WHITE JESUS, A MURAL RATHER ,WITH HIS MAJESTY SITTING IN FRONT OF IT
THEY SAID THEY DIDDNT LIKE THE PICTURE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I SAID WAIT A MINUTE
HIS MAJESTY COLLECTED ICONS FROM EVERY WHERE
HE HAD ICONS OF EVERY COLOR

BUT THE SHOCKED LOOK ON THEIR FACE SAID SOMETHING TO ME ..........

INI SHOULDNT BE SHOCKED AT THIS PICTURE HIS MAJESTY ALWAYS SPOKE OF CHRISTIANS AS A WHOLE
NOT JUST ETHIOPIA .

HE WAS FOR UNITY ... UNITY OF AFRICANS AND UNITY OF CHRISTIANS
AS RASTA IF INI PRAISE SELASSIE I INI MUST PRAISE JESUS CHRIST FOR THIS HE DID !!!!!!
IT MAKES ME REMEBER BACK IN HIGH SCHOOL ALL THE TIMES PEOPLE USED TO TRY TO FIX UP HIS MAJESTY SPEECHES TO MAKE IT SAY WAT THEY WANTED IT TO SAY...
IN DOING SO MISSED THE WHOLE POINT HE WAS MAKIN IN THE SPEECH

FOR INSTANCE UNTILL THE PHILLOSOPHY ............
LOL I HEARD SO MANY INTERPRETATIONS OF THIS ONE
EVERY ONE FORGOT ONE KEY PART
UNTILL THERES NO LONGER FIRST AND SECOND CLASS CITIZENS OF ANY NATION WITH OUT REGARD TO RACE.........
SEEN
SOMETIMES INI LEAN ON OUR OWN MIS UNDERSTANDING GUIDED BY ORAL TRADITON
DONT GET ME WRONG ..........

IF NONE OF US COULD READ WE'D RELY ON ORAL TRADITION,
BUT WE CAN READ AND INFORMATION IS THERE
HOW CAN WE CALL SELASSIE I CHRIST
BUT YET WE BARELY MENTION THE MISSION OF CHRIST
ALL INI TALK ABOUT IS RACE AND REPATRIATION
ALTHOUGH ONCE U GET TO AFRICA U STILL HAVE TO FIGHT THE SAME ONES MAMIN AND RAPIN THE PEOPLE ALL READY THERE!!!!!!!!IF U EVER WANT THE WHOLE OF AFRICA

[CHRIST IS GONNA WIPE THAT CLEAN] SALAVATION IS WHATS SAVED OUT EVERY THING THATS DESTROYED ..
INI CANT HAVE SALVATION LIVIN IN BABYLON EVEN IN AFRICA
SELASSIE I IS COMIN WITH NEW HEAVEN NEW EARTH
EVEN IF ITS THE SAME PHYSICAL BABYLON WILL BE DESOLATE
WE CAN HAVE REDEMPTION
BUT SALVATION IS LAST

WHEN CHRIST CAME TO THIS EARTH IT WAS MOSTLY NON SEMETIC PEOPLE WHO BELEIVED IN HIM
JAH KNOW
AFRICA IS IMPORTANT THE BLACKNESS OF CHRIST IS IMPORTANT
BUT WHAT THIS ROYAL BLACK MAN DID IS MORE IMPORTANT !!!!!!!!!1
BY NO MEANS BEING BLACK CAN SAVE U
THE BLOOD OF THIS BLACK MAN [BORN OF A VIRGIN AND DEAD ON THE CROSS RISIN IN THREE DAYS CAN] ....SAVE EVERY ONE ON THIS EARTH THAT CONFESSETH HE IS THE SON OF JAH
SELASSIE I

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 12/26/2007 3:14:03 PM

Blessed, I didn't like the picture and still do not. The same way the I past effects the I way of thinking or opinion is the same way it affected I way. See, I don't disregard anything ur saying at all, but I don't like the blonde hair blue eye jesus for personal reasons. The church brainwashed me so I guess that is why I don't like to see a blonde hair blue eyed man on the wall. That is all, but I don't think it is wrong for Jah to collect all pictures, I would love to see all the pics. I just don't like that one picture. If I explained the dislike in a way to take it beyond to how u feel, then I apologize. I am rushing cause I'm at the library and have to forward, but I hope I explained Iself for the I to understand where I'm coming from. The same way Jah collected all pictures, all pictures should be in the churches. But, to I a black christ is the right picture, that is just how i feel. Pardon, I have to go, give thanx..heart of love

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 12/26/2007 4:21:37 PM

BLESSED LOVE PROPHECY
I WASNT REALLY FOCUSING ON THE PICTURE IN SELASSIE I PICTURE
AND I DIDDNT CALL YOUR NAME TO DEFEND HOW U FEEL ABOUT THE PICTURE....
I REALLY AM LOOKING FOR ONES REASONING
ON THE CHRIST 2000 YEARS AGO WHO CONQUERED DEATH AND HELL WRITTEN OF IN THE GOSPELS OF MATTHEW MARK LUKE AND JON...AND WHO SELASSIE I SPEAKS OF MOST FREAQUENTLY
IF U GO TO ISRAEL
TO THE CHURCH OF THE NATIVITY U WILL SEE AN ICON OF THE BLACK MADONNA AND CHRIST RIGHT BEFORE ENTERING THE "CAVE OF NATIVITY"...

WE ALL KNOW CHRIST IS BLACK
PICTURES "ICONS" SHOULDNT OFFEND INI SO MUCH....SELASSIE I DIDDNT LOOK OFFENDED IN THE PICTURE
SINCE NO ONE HAD A DIGITAL CAMERA THEN,
PEOPLE ARE GONNA CONTINUE TO TRY TO PORTRAY GOD IN THEIR IMAGE INI DUN KNOW THAT...I WAS TRYING TO HEAR
WHAT DOES JESUS IN THE BIBLE MEAN TO OTHER RASTAFARI IF ANYTHING AT ALL
SINCE ON THIS FORUM NUFF POSTS HAVE DISSED THE CHRIST IN SELASSIE I NAME
JAH LIVE AND RULE AND REIGN IN THE HEARTS OF ALL FLESH

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 12/26/2007 6:10:17 PM

Greetings...

Hon. Rook Fari Selah, how will Christ save, if One does not manifest the Christ within? If we are to dismiss myth for historical truth then we will have a very hard time validating a real man who was actually born of a virgin, died on a cross, and then rose up. I for One am sure that these are symbolical stories, and I have no doubt that His Majesty is well aware of the fact that it's not a literal thing. The EOC preserves a culture that is far more ancient than Christianity itself. Ethiopia existed long before Christianity, as the I knows, and there's no reason why pre Christian Ethiopia shouldn't be considered into the traditions practiced in the EOC today. We know His Majesty is not going to drop out of the sky and do anything, but as we speak of this Christ, who we know exists, we can learn by example. Haile Selassie is the perfect example of One who has manifested the Icept of Christ in flesh. This must be the reason Emmanuel Edwards said a man of God is One who proclaims themself as God in Flesh, as opposed to God in spirit. Is this not where true salvation lies? In ourselves, as we manifest Christ in ourselves.

I can understand why Ones burn the concept of jeezus, for it is used to enslave the mind and make Ones look to the sky for help and not to help people empower themselves.

Christianity in its purest form is based on myths of great significance and if interpreted correctly I don't think it will seem a false teaching anymore. Civilizations of the past crumbled like the civilizations of today will crumble yet there's something preserved, I would say that it is Christ consciousness of Self, an awareness that One's learned of and cultivated in ancient civilizations and should not be cast aside. The EOC, in my opinion, has not done a great job of teaching the layman of what potential they have, and this practice still keeps Ones in bondage. The EOC does, however, have a schooling system that is vast with knowledge and I would say that most passing through this educational system would attain something very special. Some Ba'atawi and Debterra maintain a knowledge of Self that is not obvious when looking at the EOC teaching from the outside. An important note, The EOC did tell its congregations not to interpret the Bible for themselves, but let the Church do that for them, Yet His Majesty translated the Bible into Amharic making it much more accessible to all Ethiopians, since Ge'ez is a liturgical language not really taught outside of EOC schools. Giving Ethiopians a Bible that was readily available for their own interpretation was crucial, and the Church was somewhat divided over the issue of even creating the Amharic translation.

Give Thanks for this reasoning there's so much to be gained from study of the EOC. And, I humbly honor Mariam and Iyasus in Icept and flesh for the living example of perfection in humanity.

SELAM

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 12/26/2007 6:26:38 PM

for One am sure that these are symbolical stories, and I have no doubt that His Majesty is well aware of the fact that it's not a literal thing.
I DONT THINK THATS A GOOD THING TO SAY CONSIDERING WHO HIS MAJESTY IS.....
BUT I HUMBLY THANK U FOR YOUR OPINION GIVE THANKS
KING THATS WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR.....
BUT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO HONOR PEOPLE U DONT BELEIVE REALLY EXISTS
DO U HONOR THE MORAL OF THE STORY

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 12/26/2007 6:39:12 PM

Give Thanks Honorable.

In honoring Christ and Mariam His Majesty is honoring the righteousness within HimSelf, as well as the force which permits life in the first place.

"BUT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO HONOR PEOPLE U DONT BELEIVE REALLY EXISTS
DO U HONOR THE MORAL OF THE STORY"

We know His Majesty exists, so belief is not really the issue. The "story" of Christ, in my opinion, is based on the life of a Yashua Ben-Pandira, and the mythology of Kemet. The myths, or stories, never would have been created had the moral not already been personified.

SELAM

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 12/26/2007 6:47:43 PM

WHAT I DONT OVERSTAND IS THIS PARTOF "GOD IN FLESH"
I SAID IT BEFORE
IF YOUR BREDREN GETS SHOT IN FRONT OF U CAN U PRAY TO YOUR SELF AND SAVE HIM
OR DO U CALL A AMBULANCE AND PRAY TO THE FATHER IN THE NAME OF HIS SON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BETTER YET IF ITS YOUR CHILD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE FIRST THING ONE FEELS IS HELPLESNESS SO GOD IN FLESH
IN MY OWN FLESH IS JUST A REMINDER TO DO RIGHT ...........
BUT ULTIMATELY INI IS HELPLESS WITH OUT THE JAH THAT LIVES IN HAILE SELASSIE I JESUS CHRIST
INI CAN PARTICIPATE
BUT DIVINITY IS THE TRINITYS OWN
IN MY OPINION
DONT GET ME WRONG
GOD LIVES IN INI

BUT INI ARE SINNERS
WITH OUT THE BLOOD OF CHRIST WE ARE NOT GOD IN FLESH
WE ARENT WORTHY OF SUCH TITLES
AND ITS WRONG TO CLAIM THAT WE ARE
LISTEN
BOBO BINGHI WHOM EVER
WE MIGHT SAY GOD IN FLESH BUT AS SOON AS WE FALL SHORT ALL WE CAN SAY IS WE ARENT PERFECT
GET IT RIGHT NONE OF US ARE PERFECT AND NONE OF US ARE GOD
SHOW ME ONE OF US WITH OUT SIN
SELASSIE I SAID HUMANITY IS IMPERFECT
SO HOW ARE WE GOD
ONE DAY WE FEEL RIGHTOUS ONE DAY WE FEEL DOWN ONE DAY ITS THIS ONE DAY ITS THAT ONE DAYS ITS LOVE THE NEXT DAY INI DONT FEEL TO LOVIN
THATS EVERY ONE
TO DENY HUMAN NATURE IS FOOLISHNESS
THATS WHY WITHOUT CHRIST
WE ARE ASHES
AND THATS A FACT NO MATTER WHO U ARE

BLESSED

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 12/26/2007 7:05:11 PM

Getting Shot, or even natural circumstances are not something we can readily explain, except that sometimes as individuals we experience great pain. Christ, on the cross, Qedemawi Haile Selassie, taken by the derg, are the Ites of Humanity overcoming individual circumstantial pain, and knowing that life doesn't end with death, it's just a part of the process. Honorable, I do feel that Immortals are what we are capable of being, however, in human personification of antichrist nature, we can doom ourselves too. Just as the I said, God in Flesh is to do Right. Living in Love is the best we can do, and knowing that is not enough, we must take it to the highest level.

Now, if the I is asking me what is going to happen to the gunshot victim, all I know is that they will be known by their works. Whether it be by the gun (for shame) or in our sleep, Igziabier will take us all.

SELAM

1 - 1011 - 15

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I