Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2364&start_row=1

Enoch

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 10/31/2007 5:54:47 PM

Ises Honorable House

My Lord and Empress I pray IGZEEABIHER Our Lord of the Iniverse Guide and Itect and give I n I everything I n I are in need for. Life, Wisdom, Prosperity. Forevermore, selah.

Iman focus again is to go deeper in the Overstanding of the Book of Enoch, the Ethiopian Enoch, since I attend University classes on Enoch right now.

That's all to say right now. I would love to hear the I's Itations on the works of Enoch and the person of Enoch himself.

For those who have not yet got the chance to read 1.Enoch, the Ethiopian Enoch, there are several translations to be found on the internet. This One is quite ok I think. The man who arranged that translation seems to be TTI influenced and comes up with some very strange suggestions. But some of his notes are actually good food for thought.

Haile I
Selah

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/31/2007 11:50:10 PM

I have looked into Enoch writing a little, but it was a while ago and I don't remember enough to reason about it right now. I will take a look at it again and then share I thoughts.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Diego B. Sent: 1/30/2008 10:08:33 AM

Greetings Brethren Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa,

i don't know actually what kind of studies you are doing, and which university you're attending, so I woul appreciate to understand what do they consist of, and more specifically concerning Enoch, what are you examinating on the Book, and how, I mean, a study with ethiopian traditional commentaries, or with ethiopian teachers, and so on...

Here in italy the man called Paolo Sacchi did a translated version from the ge'ez one, which first appeared in Europe; the best thing is that in the notes, where his ge'ez is not in line with the amharic one ( His Majesty's Version), Sacchi write those verses in the notes, so that we can read the true one (ofcourse, if also the amharic is well translated). Further more, in sometimes he reports the amharic notes, words of interpretation. I tell you this because maybe you wish to ead some of the amharic; if you are looking for something in particular i could give you them in english.

So, my questions are the ones above.

Diego

Messenger: jahnny Sent: 1/30/2008 2:46:15 PM

blessed love InI
wat I know, ENOCH in egyptology is THOT

JAH BLESS

Messenger: Ten Sent: 1/31/2008 11:59:08 AM

Give thanks for the link, its the same one that another Ite had given. I've only skimmed through it and will give I reasoning once I've read more in depth. Blessed Love

Messenger: I becca Sent: 4/20/2008 3:05:57 PM

Blessed love thanks and praise to the almighty JAH Rastafari.

The book of Enoch was found written in Ahmaraic its original text in Ethiopia Mt Zion. More proof for us rastafari children.

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 4/21/2008 6:09:12 AM

Ises

Well, first of all, I do not attend those university classes anymore, nor was I inscribed to those curses. I just love to check and sit in those classes which I find interesting, though I'm not officially there.

No it was not a class by an ethiopian teacher, unfortunately. It was a judaic class, thus from a judaic point of view. Basically the man was fighting me, because he fought down any trodition and tried to tell us the book is a fake from late judaic period and thus has nothing to do with Enoch, but Enoch's name was only used to justify the ideas of the book. In the beginning I found it interesting because the man shared scientific knowledge which was new to I, but after that he just went on to convey his personal opinion which he tried to sell as THE point of scientific view. So after some classes I did not find it benefitting anymore.
The class as a whole was about hebrew apocalyptic literature and Enoch was just the first book discussed.

Enoch is proved to have existed in hebrew, though it got lost and forgotten and only preserved in ge'ez and then amharinya. Most likely it was translated from greek.

Love
Selah

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 4/21/2008 9:32:56 AM

blessed love bro
the I should have told the teacher to go to Ethiopia to Falashas and to see what a real hebrew looks like and ask them about the book of Enoch...

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 4/21/2008 12:20:09 PM

Ises

Well, I'm not sure if Beta Israel (they don't like being called Falasha) read Henoch, as most of their literature, if not all, predates it.

Actually the man was after me because I just came back from Ithiopia and the whole class was more interested in the Ithiopian side of the story then in his pseudo-scientific judaic one, which I think got him a bit vex.

Selah

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I