Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2358&start_row=1

Jesus,Horus, The Bible, 9/11, Federal Reserve...

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 28
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: tenda Sent: 10/29/2007 2:19:53 AM

Greetings from a new member. I've been reading this forum for a few weeks now, and have finally decided to join and post. First off, respect to all, and I'm not trying to disrespect anyone, but for years now, I have understood that Christianity and Jesus have been taken directly from Horus of Egypt over 1000yrs before Christ. A recycled story, I honestly believe, much taken from the Egyptian Book of The Dead.

A former Rasta myself, I understand that different Rastas have different beliefs, some being that Selassie is Jesus or God. Anyway, I came across this movie that reaffirms many of my beliefs about religion, the US gov't, and astrology to name a few. Please watch this movie online: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

I really want to have a discussion with people who follow the path of H.I.M. to see what your stance is on such issues, mainly about the Bible and Jesus as not a man, but a recycled story dealing with astrology. Again, please don't flame me, as I only seek truth, and I know Rastafari seek truth. I believe this world is in serious trouble, and that we are and have always been slaves to the will of an elite few.

I look foward to hearing your opinions, but PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, watch this movie in it's entirety before replying, for I realize this sounds like complete nonesense.

Messenger: Diego B. Sent: 10/29/2007 7:09:57 AM

...welcome Jeru....

Messenger: kglass1 Sent: 10/29/2007 12:15:36 PM

Greetings. From I overstanding, Jesus was a revolutionary. During that time the Roman Empire was the dominating force in that part of the world
controlling, isolating and destroying people and civilizations. Christ came with the knowledge of Jah and love. Righteousness,respect for humanity and for the little children was his meditation. So as far as I am concerned, Christ was like a Rasta. Today situation is the same. Same type of mentality as Rome. Difference is that Rome has expanded to the four corners of the Earth. As far as the Bible, I personally read it knowing that it was written by the hand of man with Jah's powerful influence. This still means to I that without Jah, it could not have been written. It's like a tool for sharing. Much like Reggae music, conscious Reggae music today.
Over the years it has been rewritten so reading word for word is not the same because of selective editing. Still, I believe if it is read with a clear conscience that Jah will show you what you need to see. There are many other writings and I sure many more which have over the years vanished which contain great wisdom of Jah. Read what you feel can guide you closer to Jah and self knowledge. I personally don't know much about astrology, but I do overstand that history in general recirculates. Guidance

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 10/29/2007 1:12:47 PM

BLESSED MY LAWD AND EMPRESS
I HAVE HEARD THAT IDEA BEFORE CONCERNING
"THE RECYCLED STORY"
I PERSONALLY DONT BELEIVE IMMACULANT CONCEPTION WHICH IS THE BASIS OF THE SIMULARITYS BETWEEN THE STORIES. RIGHT?
..KING DAVID WAS A REAL KING 1 MOTHER ONE FATHER
SOLOMON WAS A REAL KING CHRIST WAS THE THE SON OF GOD PROMISED TO THEM...
HAILE SELASSIE I IS A REAL KING ,FROM THAT SAME BLOOD LINE ..........
CHRIST IMMANUEL IS THE OFF SPRING... OF SOLOMON TRU REHABOAM, SOLOMONS SON ,WHO IS JOSEPH'S [THE HUSBAND OF MARRY] GREAT GRAND FATHER
SELASSIE I ...IS THE GRAND SON OF SAHALE SELASSE, DECENDED OF MENELYK I ,WHO IS ALSO SOLOMON SON .
THESE PEOPLE EXISTED AND ARE BLOOD RELATIVES
SO THE REAL STORY OF THE GOD MAN COULDNT BE RECYCLED
THE ADDITIVES, TO JESUS LIFE COULDVE BEEN FABRICATED FROM A RECYLED STORY
BUT HAILE SELASSIE I ,JESUS CRHIST ARE REAL PEOPLE NOT A MADE UP STORY
BABYLON PUT ADDITIVES AND SPICED IT UP... BUT THE TRUTH IS THERE
ALL BY IT SELF
7 WORDS OF LOVE GOD IS LOVE LET US ALL LOVE
"R"

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/29/2007 10:54:23 PM

I have reasoned about this before on another forum. Here are the reasonings I made.

---------------------------------------------------------------
I looked into the parallels between Heru and Jesus. In any of the actual stories passed along about Heru, the events used as comparison are not mentioned.

The only places the parallels are found are in books that are trying to suggest that there is a parallel. And some of these books have references, but the references are to books made in the past 200 years that are also trying to suggest a parallel. There are no references to the actual sources of those stories, people are just expected to assume that the last person in the reference line is telling the truth when they claim that they saw this or that.

So it still may be possible that those stories actually exist, I don't know. But it seems kind of strange that none of the people that mention the comparisons have any source older than 200 years, or even a reference to a document where somebody is just telling the story of Horus and happen to mention those events.

People say that the things about Jesus are from documents written 100-200 years after the time Christ was said to exist. But considering how old those paper documents are, it is quite possible that they are copies made from older documents, and also considering the age and the fact that it is written on paper, it would not be surprising that the original documents written during the time of Christ would no longer exist.

But even if the documents were first made 100-200 years after Jesus Christ, 100-200 years is much closer to the time of Christ then the 1800+ years the first documents about the Horus parallels are made. And since those Horus parallels are supposed to be about things written long before the time of Christ, how many years after the supposed original documents were those Horus parallels written?

I do agree with you that all the true stories about the Creator has come from the original, the original being the things that happened in the beginning and Itinue. I was just speaking about the particular parallels shown. I see the connection between the stories of the Gods throughout the nations, I don't need to add more connections to know that there is a connection.

I don't like to just jump and accept something as true, just because it supports something that I sight. I will give an example where the subject is different, but it will illustrate what I want to say after. I saw a video one time about Bob Marley, and it showed him on stage and Bob started to get into a vibe and he jumped and chanted and lightning came down. That was a nice thing to see, but at a later date, I saw the same concert on another video and there was no lightning. The first video I watched was recorded from the television, so I searched for it and played it again. When I got to the part where the lightning struck, I played the video frame by frame and I saw that they replaced one single frame with a camera shot of a night sky with a lightning strike coming down, and then the next frame returned to the actual shot from the concert. So because the lightning shot was only in one frame, the night sky wasn't noticed.

I know that RasTafarI people can chant and bring lightning, thunder, earthquake, whirlwind and many other things, because I have chanted with storms that brought these things. But when people make up these kind of things and manipulate a video to make it appear so, it just makes the truth of what RasTafarI people can do appear like foolishness and imagination when people uncover the deception of the video.

So for the same reason, if those parallels are not true (I say if because I don't know either way for sure) then I wouldn't want to be part of spreading the rumours. Because if they are revealed to be rumours, then people might overlook the message that I really want to show and put all their concentration on the parallels that never existed. Putting there concentration on what I consider to be the least important things that were said. I would rather show people the connections between people that I know. And what I prefer more then showing connections, is teaching people the things I have learned from I and I brothers and sisters throughout the world, so they can apply these things to their Life and rise higher.

I say that I wouldn't want to be part of spreading the rumours about the parallels, but some people might say that I am being a part of spreading rumours about Jesus Christ. I do sight that the story of Christ is true, it may not have happened in the times they say it happened, but I Spirit causes I to sight it as true, but I movement isn't to convince people that Jesus Christ existed. I movement is to tell people about the example shown, because I don't feel that acceptance of Jesus Christ is going to save or destroy anybody. I feel that the example shown will save, because it is the example of the Most High, and I feel that the wickedness mankind has been trodding with for so long, if continued, will destroy because it is against Life.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: tenda Sent: 10/30/2007 12:06:22 AM

I appreciate all of your responses, but it does not sound like anyone watched the movie. I would really like to hear all of your opinions on it. It gives specific examples about how the bible is an astrological text, and how there are more people worshipped than just Jesus and Horus, with 12 disciples and dead for 3 days and resurrected etc... There were over 10 people worshipped with the same characteristics during different times in history in different regions.

Please watch this:

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Copy and paste that link, and watch it in it's entirety. It really makes alot of sense, and I honestly want to hear your opinions on it

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/30/2007 1:14:12 AM

I just took a look at the link and that movie is two hours long. I may or may not view the movie, but if I do, it won't be any time soon.

Just so I had a rough idea about it, I spent a couple of minutes looking up what people say about it and it is nothing new. I have heard most of it before.

I don't know what your intention is on this forum, so far you have been respectful, but I won't make any assumptions about your intentions either way. If you could read this link below you will see whether or not your intentions are welcomed.

New Season

The first post in that link is general. More detail can be seen in the posts that follow after.

Another thing, there is no such thing as a former Rasta, that doesn't exist.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: tenda Sent: 10/30/2007 1:42:01 AM

Well sorry then, maybe I don't belong here. As I said, my only intention was to get intelligent opinions on certain subjects, as well as a very interesting and thought provoking movie (which I have no ties to). I'm very sorry that you refuse to even view the movie, that was the point of my whole post.

And yes, I was a Rastafarian, but ended up not agreeing with particular aspects of what it was to be a Rasta. I don't hold anything against Rastas, and because I had problems believing certain things, that just my personal opinion. I respect other peoples opinion, which is why I was asking for all of yours. This seemed to be a place of reasoning, and I was hoping for some reasoning dealing with a range of topics that this movie dealt with, not just of religion.

But really, I appologize for bothering you all, maybe this is not the place for this type of discussion.

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 10/30/2007 7:42:40 AM

Greetings,

Tenda, the I is on to way more than the I knows, and perhaps with more research one could see that ancient Kemet only makes a stronger case for the Heaven and Earth's King Haile Selassie I. The Heru (Horus)myths parallel the Christ in ways as do stories of Ausar (Osisris)who may parallel Christ even more closely should one look deeper. Heru was born of a virgin Auset (Isis) and through Heru one could pass this earthly plane to know His father Ausar, knowing the father through the son, is a major Christ concept. This is not a challenge to the real human Christ, but just shows that myths are often transplanted to make miracles. One need not dismiss Christ should he not have made the dead rise, for He is the earth example of righteousness, here to establish the law again, just as Ausar established Ma'at (divine law) all over. The man Ausar is an Ethiopian as are all original Egyptians, where else would they have come from. The story of Ausar, an Ethiopian King, is not hard to find, he was a King who left to establish divine law in other lands, this story was recorded by Diodorus, a Sicilian Greek, around 600 B.C., told to him by Ethiopians he met while travelling to Ethiopia, which should be noted was once a kingdom so vast, it easily encompassed modern day Egypt. But all these stories and parallels are most definately written thousands of years before anything was written of Christ, how do I know? because they're engraved all over temple walls from Nubia to Kemet, all once Ethiopia, and they haven't moved!! Rastafari people should investigate this as much as possible, as there is eternal wealth to be found, and I would love to reason more on it.

SELAM

Messenger: EmpressCarla Sent: 10/30/2007 9:27:31 AM

Blessings

I have watched the video twice already. Actually, for someone like the I, Ark I, a lot of it might not be new information. Then again, some of it might.

The video is broken up into 3 parts. Part I (minutes 9:38 - 36:57) is dealing with the parallels found between Jesus and Horus, as well as many of the other religions' God. If these parallels can truly be found in ALL of the Christ figures listed, then for me it was truly surprising. And whether the story starts with Horus or not, one thing is clear: the story has been used in this current time as a means to subjugate people rather than to rise them higher. To the one who is merely believing by faith, they are being misled on the real and true message of Christ.

My opinion is that we can never know the truth of where the story originates, or who is the rightful owner of the stories depicted towards Jesus. But I ask myself, "If the Jesus of the Bible is real and true, based on the story of his life given, what does my Spirit tell me that He is trying to convey? That He should be worshipped? That we should wait for Him to return for all the world to be right? That he is the only begotten Son of God, and that no one can get to God without going through Jesus? What??" Or is there a deeper meaning of the story to be found?

As for whether or not the Bible is dealing with astrological signs, the movie does not give a clear indication of what the point is of making the bible a book of astrological expression. In other words, if it is merely a book of hidden astrological messages, the movie did nothing to reveal what those messages might be. So in a sense I am still at "square 1."

As I mentioned, Part I of the movie is dealing with the Christ story parallels. Yet I encourage ones to watch the ENTIRE movie as it reveals SO MUCH more that I personally did not know. Just another perspective for me to consider. Part II deals with how governments manipulate the masses by causing certain shifts that create fear in people. And Part III shows how all of this is part of a plan to move towards a One World Government. A world where our worldwide movement (figuratively and literally) can be tracked via an electronic chip, and if we do not comply and keep order, we can be cut off (rather, our chip turned off) such that we can no longer even buy food!

I don't know if any of these things are true as I have not researched what the movie is suggesting. But it certainly is an interesting movie to watch!

Be blessed

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 28

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I