Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=233&start_row=21

the christ movie

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 26
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/4/2005 11:58:27 PM

NineMile2004, about your comment about not seeing the importance of trying to say Jesus was white or black. It should be accepted by all the Christ was a dark skinned man because it is so. What the problem is, is that people see division because of the colour of Christ's skin.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 1/5/2005 12:18:39 AM

I see what the I is saying. The point I am trying to make is that we should not even have to talk about color, it just seems to divide.

Thanks Ark I

Bergy

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 1/5/2005 12:30:17 AM

HIM is HIM. Some like to argue about color and waste time instead of focusing on the essential. I'man say, HIM black? ok. Him white? ok. Just as HIM said in HIM second coming. "no significance"

I am not trying to argue that HIM is black, all I am trying to say is that it doesnt change anything for the I for I focusing on the teachings.

Seen my point?

Bergy

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/5/2005 1:26:49 AM

True, the teachings still shows a person the way to Jah.

I was speaking more in a sense that it is a shame that the colour of Christ's skin is an issue with people. I and I are One Family, we shouldn't prefer one family member over another because of the shape of their nose, eyes face or the colour of their skin. It is like arguing whether Christ has long or short fingers.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/5/2005 9:17:04 AM

I don't have any problem with people emphasizing black.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 1/5/2005 9:48:27 AM

I never saw the movie, however, I belief strongly that there is obvious socialized conditioning to degrade the self worth of the AFRIKAN. The solution is not to analyze differences among the 2 races (melanated and nonmelanted) but to teach idren true knowledge of self that surpasses skin color or colorness and emphasizes truth and overstanding regarding all instances.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 26

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I