Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2326&start_row=11

Alcohol

1 - 1011 - 17
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 11/7/2007 3:15:39 PM

InI a RAS, a different kinda cup we a sip
Pure water mixed with fyah smoke to your lip

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/7/2007 3:35:22 PM

rootsridge,

I am not against alcohol, as long as people are not being destructive by drinking too much.

I am a RasTafarI and I am a Nazarite, so alcohol has no part in I journey, because it interferes with the Irits, and Nazarites need to keep their Irits pure.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ten Sent: 11/7/2007 3:37:27 PM

Blessings
Yes I, I n I do sip from a cup of holy faya. In all Ites do there must be reason and purpose the I them who see nothing wrong with alcohol but abhor drunkeness also need to see how this has been used as a tool of control, genocide and kills the minds of many. Its not just abt getting 'high' or feeling merry', look at how many peoples the world over have sold their land, peoples and everything they have because of it. The way the Babylon has used it to gain domination makes it poison for I. In this time of judgement things are dread and I n I cannot be blind to the extent to which Babylon's poison affects I n I. I know cultures also have their traditional brews and religious wines but these have not had as massive and as poisonous an impact as the alcohol industry run by Babylon that's what I'm talking about, its poison.
I n I livity is to maintain a clear mind and clear body, spiritually tuned to the Most High to snuff out and scatter all HIS enemies.
Ises High
JAH Live

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/7/2007 4:25:49 PM

Ten,

Many people who drink alcohol don't cause harm to themselves or others. Alcohol may have been used for the things you describe, but it has also been used throughout history with no ill intent. So I don't see anything wrong with people who drink without causing harm. It is just not for all kinds of people.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Alexander Sent: 11/7/2007 4:51:08 PM

Ark I, how do you view His Imperial Majesty's comment where he directly speaks against the use of alcohol?

"If health fails, teaching, knowledge, life itself, all comes to naught. It is indispensable, so have nothing to do with alcohol and avoid all things against which conscience speaks.”

I have never seen this speech in its entirety, but His Imperial Majesty is supposed to have said this. Nevertheless, what do you think?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/7/2007 11:38:31 PM

Alexander, I have no idea of the context of that sentence or even if Haile Selassie I said it, so when I see that speech, I will make a comment on it.

Here is one place where I know Haile Selassie I made reference to alcoholic beverages, and I agree with what He says here.

Autobiography - Chapter 26

I will speak of what I see, and when I see responsible people who drink alcohol in moderation, they don't do things that would make I think they need to stop drinking alcohol.

Here is something from a reasoning I made before:
----------------------------------------------------
I don't drink alcohol but it doesn't bother I who decides that is what they want to drink. One time some bredren came over to I place and one bredren asked I if it was alright for him to bring a six-pack of beer from his car. I told him to go ahead and bring it, and when I said that, a next bredren in I place looked at I with a screw face.

So the bredren brought the beer in and said to I, "I know that you don't drink, but would you like one?" I told him no thank you and then he offered a beer to the other bredren, who each took one. Even the bredren that looked at I with a screw face took a beer, but I didn't say anything at that point. After the bredren opened the beer and took a drink, I said to him,

--------------------------------------
Why did you look at I with a screw face before when I gave the bredren permission to bring his beer in my house, and now you are drinking the beer he brought. I don't care if other people want to drink, it is not my interest, every man can choose their own things. And it doesn't matter to I if they bring the beer around I because I have no cravings for it, so I can't be tempted.
--------------------------------------

I don't desire alcohol, and I know why I man is not supposed to drink it. But it is not a sin to drink alcohol, as long as no wickedness comes forth out of drunkenness. Every man and woman have their own trod and their own needs to support their trod. I need to keep away from alcohol to support I trod and Jah didn't put the desire in I to drink it, but others will trod their own trod.
----------------------------------------------------

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Alexander Sent: 11/8/2007 3:50:28 AM

I agree, it is all about keeping your drinking on a non-destructive level. As long as you do not start doing things because of your use of alcohol that you normally would not do if you were not drinking, then use of alcohol should be fine. But it is when you make bad decisions because of your drinking, that is when you know that it is time to stop.

Regarding the speech I brought up, that may have been held by His Imperial Majesty, nobody seems to have ever seen the full speech. So before someone finds it, it seems pretty pointless to me to pay any attention to it at all.

1 - 1011 - 17

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I