Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2286&start_row=1

The Quran

1 - 1011 - 16
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Alexander Sent: 10/4/2007 3:38:47 AM

Greetings!

I was just given a Quran by a Muslim friend as I have been interested in reading it for a while, and I was just wondering: can this book be beneficial to I and I?

I know there is already a Islam and Rastafari topic, but I just want to reason about the Quran itself, not the Islamic faith.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/4/2007 10:22:03 AM

There are useful teachings in all holy books. The I just have to filter what you read and separate the Word of God from the word of man.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Alexander Sent: 10/4/2007 3:21:01 PM

This was just what I thinking. As long as I and I know in I and I heart that Haile Selassie I is The Living God, Highest of High, then I and I should have no problem telling the word of man from the Word of Jah.

Messenger: GebrMikael Sent: 10/4/2007 8:19:44 PM

before i got into rastafari, i read the quran. all it said to me was GOD GOD GOD, most merciful, endureth. as humans we need a deeper level of understanding, which the son of god came to teach. Quran is not as deep as bible. bible breaks it down from beggining to end,prophets, revelations, 4 gospels, psalms, proverbs. if you diss the trinity you gonna fall from your feet, HAILE SELASSIE

Messenger: Ten Sent: 10/4/2007 8:55:44 PM

Greetings
GebrMikael I don't your full overing of reading the Koran but I'm questing abt what you wrote. Does JAH not embody the qualities of being merciful, enduring and loving you are critical of? Does David not say these things of the Father in Pslams? Is HE not the Giver of Life and Creator of all Things as the verses in The Koran say of God? (I'm only speaking of the words written not Islamic beliefs here, plse note) What "deep level of understanding" are you speaking of, if you don't over the Most High as patient, good and merciful then where does depth of spirituality begin?
One Love

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/5/2007 12:45:39 AM

Alexander, you said,
---------------------------
This was just what I thinking. As long as I and I know in I and I heart that Haile Selassie I is The Living God, Highest of High, then I and I should have no problem telling the word of man from the Word of Jah.
---------------------------

More than that is needed to be able to tell the word of man from the Word of Jah.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie

Messenger: Alexander Sent: 10/5/2007 1:18:17 AM

What more do you think is needed then, Ark I?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/5/2007 1:39:31 AM

Compare what you read to the ways and teachings of Haile Selassie I and Jesus Christ.

Learn to Imunicate with Jah so that Jah can show you how to Iverstand what is right and wrong.

Develop your ability to see the difference so that you Itinual become better at seeing the difference.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Alexander Sent: 10/5/2007 1:45:35 AM

Ark I, you said:

"Compare what you read to the ways and teachings of Haile Selassie I and Jesus Christ."

This was what I was talking about when I said that I and I should know Haile Selassie I in I and I heart.

However, I certainly agree that you must always strive to improve your communication with Jah so that you can truly know and overstand in your heart what has been written and said.

Jah live

Messenger: Tekle Selassie Sent: 10/5/2007 11:12:40 AM

I can't speak for another. But I agree w/Gebre Mikael's post.
The main difference, is that the Qu'ran doesn't fully reveal the Father.
As a matter of fact, according to the Qu'ran Allah can't be a Father.
The Father is fully revealed in Iyesus Krstos 4told by the prophets, through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Selam,
Tekle Selassie

1 - 1011 - 16

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I