Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2260&start_row=1

MARY A VIRGIN OR A VIRGIN HOLY UNTO JOESEPH

1 - 1011 - 13
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 9/27/2007 1:01:16 AM

BLESSED LOVE IYAH

I WAS READIN UP TOP
ABOUT JESUS BEIN BORN T O A VIRGIN I KNOW PEOPLE SAY ITS TABOO TO QUESTION THAT
BUT THE VIRGIN STORY IS FOUND IN MANY BABYLON AND EGYPTIAN SYRIAN STORIES
BUT THE GENOLOGY OF JESUS CRIST ,RECORDED IN THE BIBLE
I THINK IT S MATHEW FIRST PAGE ILL LOOK AND CORRECT MY SELF BUT HIS BLOOD LINE IS THERE
THEN THEY ADD THE VIRGIN STORY QUITE CONFUSING
BUT THE BLOOD ,MAKING HIM THE SON OF DAVID JUST LIKE SELASSIE I
COMES FROM JOSEPH MARY WAS A VIRGIN FOR HIM
JOSEPH
IS A DIRECT DECENDANT OF SOLOMON
HIS SON REHBOAM'S
BLOOD
LINE GOES TO JOESEPH
THE FATHER OF JESUS MARYS HUSBAND
AND SELASSIE I COME FROM MENELYK I
THE SON OF MAKEDA AND SOLOMON
SEEN WHICH MAKES JESUS AND SELASSIE I COUSINS BY BLOOD EVEN TO PEOPLE WHO DONT THINK HES IS GOD
THIS IS MY OVERSTANDING
I KNOW IT DONT SETTLE GOOD AT FIRST BUT LOOK AT THE BLOOD GIVE THANKS
MATH
MAN WOMAN CHILD
ORDER OF LIFE
BABYLON POLUTTED OUR HISTORY ARK I MENTIONED HIS MAJESTY SAID ALL MEN ARE ANIMATED FROM CREATION NOT ADEITY
OR SOMETHING CLOSE
JESUS WAS AMAN JUSS LIKE SELASSIE I
FROM THE SAME FAMILY AND HE IS GOD HUMANITY NEVER SEPERATED FROM HIS DIVINITY ONE WITH GOD
THE VIRGIN STORY IS SPICED UP THE PEOPLE TO FURTHER
SAY YES THIS IS GOD
HES GOD TO ME, WEATHER OR NOT SHE PREGNANT THE FIRST TRY
SHE HAD OTHER CHILDREN ALSO
SO WAT???
SO SHE WAS JUST HOLY LONG ENUFF TO HAVE BABY JESUS ???
AND THEN DECIDED " HEY JOSEPH WE CAN GO HEAD KNOW MAKE SOME MORE BABIES "
THAT DONT MAKE SENCE
IF SHE WAS A VIRGIN HAVIN BABIES FOR "FATHER THE SPIRIT" AND SHE IS HOLYIER THAN JOSEPH WHO IS ROYAL BLOOD
THEN SHE DIDDNT HAVE MUCH USE FOR JOESEPH.. U KNOW?? IF GOD THE SPIRIT WAS HER HUSBAND,
AND BY THE WAY IF SHE WAS A VIRGIN IN THOSE DAYS HAVIN A BABY EVERY ONE WOULDVE KNEW HE WAS GOD
THEY ALSO KNEW OF THESE ANCIENT VIRGIN STORIES
IT WOULDNT HAVE TOOK A CRUSIFIX AND A RESSURECTION TO SAY IT YEARS LATER
HE
IS GOD IN FLESH THE ORIGINAL "R" MAN
THIS OF COURSE ITS MY OPINION
PLEASE NOTE TO MY ETHIOPIAN BROTHERS AND SISTERS I AM NOT TRYING TO OFFEND U
I HAVE ICONS OF MARY IN MY HOUSE
SHE IS STILL HOLY TO I
SHE IS MOTHER SEEN
BUT I STILL THINK SHE IS A VIRGIN TO HER MAN
SHE IS STILLA SAINT AND ALL OF THAT
BUT SHE STILL HAD OTHER CHILDREN
SHE DIDDNT STAY A VIRGIN SIGHT
THAT IS ALL IM SYAING
LOVE

Messenger: Mau Mau Sent: 9/27/2007 3:05:47 AM

Yes I, the issue is quite sensitive but I n I still have to reason pon it and gain an overstanding. The way I sight it, the claim of a virgin birth was meant to further the claim of Jesus as God since he was conceived without Joseph being involved. The conception was made possible by the Holy Spirit. Now as you've mentioned it is indeed true that the phenomenon of a virgin birth has been in different cultures predating Jesus birth. I know specifically of ancient Kemet (Egypt), with the story of the virgin birth of Horus by Isis. The other concept is that of the halo (the sun-looking object that is usually drawn over holy persons). Kemet worshipped the Sun God RA as the supreme. They had paintings of Goddess Isis (virgin mother) and the son Horus with a halo over Horus, similar to those we see of virgin Mary and Jesus with a halo on Jesus. The concept of the trinity as well with God Osiris as the father, Goddess Isis as the mother and Horus the son. Quite similar to the biblical concept of God the father, God the son and God the Holy Spirit/Ghost. Notice, how the goddess was left out the picture and replaced with ghost. Also the concept of the cross, ancient Kemet had the ankh which symbolises life, in that you have a union of a circle with a cross symbolizing the union of man and woman to create life. You break the circle at the top, the you end up with a cross. The cross used in Christianity. So basically I personally sight that these biblical concepts were lifted or copied from this ancient Egyptian religion and repackaged in Christianity. My goal however is not to fight or insult what any man or Christian believes in faith. I n I just reasoning based on the symbols of both religions. Christianity came way after Egyptian religion and the gospels in the Bible were written several hundred years from when it was said those things happened.

Bless

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 9/27/2007 8:48:42 AM

YES I
I GIVE THANKS FOR GOIN I TO DEPTH ON THE STORIES ORIGIN
BUT I WANT TO BE CLEAR ON I MOTIVES
WICH IS TO SAY JESUS JUSS LIKE SELASSIE I WAS BOTH GOD AND MAN BORN OF PARENTS 2 OF THEM IN FACT
BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY THIS DOES NOT TAKE AWAY FROM THE GOD IN THEM WHOM I PRAISE
AND I 100% BELEIVE THAT HIS MOTHER IS HOLY AND VIRGIN [FOR JOSEPH]CHOSEN BEFORE HER BIRTH TO BE THE MOTHER OF THE CHRIST
JUST AS WOIZERO YESHIMBET AND RAS MAKONNEN WAS ...FOR HIS MAJESTY THATS WHY HE WAS THE ONLY SURVIVOR OF SO MANY CHILDREN
WHAT IM GETTING AT
IS U DONT NEED SUPERNATURAUL OCCURRANCES OR MAGIK POWERS TO PROVE YOU ARE THE ALMIGHTY
THE ROYAL BLOOD IS THERE THE HEART OF GOD IS THERE
CHRIST DIED ON THE CROSS FOR INI WHEN HE COULDVE FLEW DOWN AND ERASED HIS WOUNDS TRAMPLED HIS EXECUTERS
SELASSIE I DEFENDED ETHIOPIA WITHOUT SENDING A SUNAMI OVER ITALY
AND MARY DIDNT HAVE TO GIVE BIRTH AS A VIRGIN TO BE THE MOTHER OF
GOD ...LOOK PON THIS
WHEN NUNS WHO FOLLOW MARY AND
GET MARRIED TO GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT
THEY DONT AFTERWARDS GO FIND A MAN HUSBAND AND START HAVIN CHILDREN [BUT MARRY DID HAVE CHILDREN THE NATURAUL WAY ,THAT IS EVIDENT BECAUSE JESUS HAD SIBLINS]
AND IVE HEARD A FEW WOMAN THAT DO GO THRU LIFE LIKE THIS END UP SLEEPIN WITH PREISTS AND HAVING ABORTIONS WHILE THEY WERE TRYING TO IMITATE MARRY AS SHE LIVED AND DIED A VIRGIN
JUST AS THE CATHOLIC PREISTS REFRAIN FROM WAT IS NATURAUL TO HIM TO BE MARRIED
NOW U HEAR OF 10,000'S OF ALTAR BOYS BEIN RAPED
BY THE WAY
CHRIST, OUT OF ALL THINGS WROTE OF HIS SAYINGS....
HE NEVER ONCE MENTION HIS MOTHER WAS A VIRGIN EVEN IN ALL THAT HE SPOKE OF THE FATHER
HE REFFERED TO HER SAYING "WOMAN!!! "AND TOLD PEOPLE
FORGET MY MOTHER AND FATHER AND BROTHERS U ARE MY FAMILY
HE WOULDNT HAVE SAID THAT TOWARDS HIS VIRGIN MOTHER WHO NEVER KNEW AMAN SHED BE AN EXEPTON
LIKE "MY FATHER ISNT MY FATHER MY BROTHERS ARENT MY BROTHERS ...WAIT MY MOTHER IS GODS WIFE LEAVE HER OUT OF THIS SPEECH...LOL
IF MY MUM WAS A VIRGIN AND NEVER KNEW MAN ID COME RIGHT OUT AND CONFIRM THAT ,ANY ONE WHO WAS GOING TO SET THE WORLD STRAIGHT ....
WOULDVE MENTION THAT TO BE HONORED AND CELEBRATED
U DONT THINK IF THIS WAS THE CASE ,PEOPLE WOULDNT HAVE SAID
" YO KING THATS JESUS THE MAN BORN TO THE VIRGIN"

BUT THEY DIDNT EVEN THE RABBIS REFFERERD TO HIM AS THE SON OF JOSEPH
AND LATER ON CHRISTIANS , THEY REFERRED TO HIM AS THE OFF SPRING OF DAVID
LION OF JUDAH KING OF KINGS TITLES RESERVRED FOR THAT BLOOD LINE DYNASTY
WELL JOSEPH, NOT MARRY IS THE SON OF DAVID IN LINAEGE
THE PROPHECY IN ISIAH 9 "A VIRGIN SHALL BRING FORTH A SON AND HIS NAME BE IMMANUEL"
THATS STILL TRUE CAUSE SHE WAS A VIRGIN FOR JOSEPH STILL SHE IS CLEAN AND HOLY FOR HIM

BLESSED

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 9/27/2007 10:45:24 AM

Some sections of the Jew-ish say things like Mary was a harlot raped by a Roman soldier. And so she made up the story about immaculate conception in an attempt to hide her shame...

You see the lengths of f***ry people go to... saying horrible awful things about the true sons of Israel.

I feel as though, like Queen Makeda... her KingMan received her as a virgin... and the divine conception occured within the union.

What does it matter anyway? (Genuine question)

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 9/27/2007 11:03:04 AM

Yes i, only matters to them who need signs and wonders

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 9/27/2007 11:04:33 AM

YES I

IT MASTTERS ONLY TO PEOPLE IT MATTERS TO...IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE AWAY PEOPLE FAITH JUST REASONIN ABOUT WHY THE BIBLE SAYS TWO THINGS
ON ONE HAND IT SAYS
SHE KNEW HIM NOT AND WAS A VIRGIN THE WHOLE WHILE
ON THE OTHER HAND IT SAYS CHRIST WOULD COME TRU DAVIDS LOINS
I THOUGHT IT WOULDVE AN INTERESTING REASONMENT
THATS ALL

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 9/27/2007 11:15:58 AM

Ofcourse iyah, ini need to reason out these things

no, i just meant that, only those who need wonders and signs will be affected by this one way or the other. I mean, can you imagine, if definite proof came out tomorrow that it was actually NOT a virgin birth, how many people would lose faith ?

Messenger: Mau Mau Sent: 9/27/2007 11:42:33 AM

Yes Iyah, tru the supernatural ting dun wreck nuff people concept of God and their spirituality. Probably why dem had to make the story of Jesus fit inna ancient mythology from the Nile. To make people believe, coz for some the 'supernatural' and 'magical powers' has to be there for them to believe in the Most High Creator. Yet the Most High is here, there and everywhere, including in them. Yes I, Mary a virgin unto Joseph. Selassie God! Rastafari!

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 9/27/2007 4:18:52 PM

Greetings...and give thanks for a great reasoning, it's so true, some need signs and wonders to believe something when in fact the most wonderful sign is the breath of life. And give thanks to Mau Mau for bringing up the point that the Ankh to the Cross was a transition used to remove the Goddess from the Trinity, but we can clearly see His Majesty held the orb and the sceptor, and was He not crowned simultaneously with Her? There is no God without the Goddess!!!

SELAM

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/27/2007 9:23:13 PM

The way I always looked at the Father, Son and Holy Spirit is that the connection between the Creator and Man is the Spirit, just as the connection between the Creator and Woman is the Spirit.

The Spirit is the Word, and the Word is God, and the Word became Flesh. That is also why when Jah Created the Earth and everything, he chanted the Word, and the Word manifested in the physical.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

1 - 1011 - 13

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I