Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2253&start_row=1

this is Only for Wise ONES!!

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras Bredren Nicholas Sent: 9/26/2007 6:36:25 PM

Tell I this, since there was gun dis-cussion goin round.......tell I this....

which is more powerful.....

HIM Faith or a gun
IyahBinghi Chant or a gun
InI or a gun
Scripture or a gun.........

Why would u ever think that with Jah Imighty....One may need a gun? Fiyah! I dont care bout any excuse, FIYAH! RASTAFARI!!!

Haile I Selassie I LIVE! JAH!!! RASTAFARI!!!

Messenger: Ras Bredren Nicholas Sent: 9/26/2007 6:37:11 PM

Only a weak-heart need things like that.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/26/2007 10:42:14 PM

Most people should not need a gun.

But if any of you went to live in a place or were in a situation where you need a gun, then you would Iverstand why you would need a gun.

In some places, only those who can defend theirself and family with a gun or other weapon are the ones who survive.

You don't see Selassie I always walking around with a gun, but when the situation came where he needed a gun, he got what he needed and told the people of HIM country to pick up arms.

There is a time and season for everything.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 9/27/2007 1:06:52 AM

YES I
TINGS AND TIME U KNOW
ARK I SPOKE TRU WORDS SOUND
WORDS OF WISDOM
TIME AND PLACE 4 EVERY THING

Messenger: Mau Mau Sent: 9/27/2007 2:23:51 AM

Tru..I n I still have to be able to ifend Iself and I n I family if required. Non-violent but no pushover. The wisdom lies in knowing the times I is in and how to act or react. Just like fire, guns serve a constructive and a destructive purpose. Guns have been used to fight against oppressors e.g H.I.M and Ethiopian citizens against Italian aggressors, Maji Maji rebellion against colonisers in Tanzania, Mau Mau warriors against the British colonisers and African collaborators etc.
As King Solomon wrote in Ecclesiastes:

A Time for Everything
1 There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:

2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,

3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,

4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,

5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,

6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,

7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,

8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 9/27/2007 11:20:16 AM

Ises

There is an outer-biblical story about a discussion between Moses and Joshua.

Joshua refused to defend himself with arms and said let's trust in JAH instead. (we all know about the presence of arms in Ancient Israel..... that's why Josuas question like this topic itself do not fit in the biblical context in this first place, but well...)

Moses answered and told Josua a story.

Once there was a man who spent his whole life building a beautiful house with the helpf of God. When he had finished it, a flood threatened the house and the village. The people of the village came to the man and warned him and said: let's leave this place, everything will go down in the flood!
The man replied: I won't leave, because I trust in JAH that he will save me!
The waters were rising.
Then there came a man on a camel offering to rescue the man. But he refused, saying: I won't leave, because I trust in JAH that he will save me!
And the waters were rising.
Only the roof of the house was still to see, and the man was sitting on the roof.
There came another man in a boat, offering to rescue the man, but the man refused, saying: I won't leave, because I trust in JAH that he will save me!
The waters were rising and the man drowned and died.
After dying he met JAH. Angry and disappointed the man said to JAH: WHY didn't you help me? I trusted in you all the time, and YOU didn't help me!
JAH replied: I didn't help you? What more could I have done? I sent you men to warn you, I sent you a camel and a boat to save your life, but you refused!

Do you see any parallels here?

Selah

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 9/27/2007 11:58:06 AM

yes i yah great observation
love that story

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 9/27/2007 12:07:06 PM

yes i, a nice little lesson, i have heard it before, but never associated with Moses or Joshua

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 9/27/2007 12:10:33 PM

This not to mean i agree or disagree. To i, this is not a question of one or the other.
I will defend iself with anything that i have available to i. If that will not be enough then i will call upon Lightning and Thunder on them.
Yes i, Jah help them that help themselves.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 9/27/2007 12:15:35 PM

Let me switch things up a little

Say you are seated by the river side and you happen to see a next man being washed away down river, about to drown

Do you

1..do all you can to try and save him ....or

2..Do you sit back and say, If Jah meant that man to pass away today, then nothing i might do is going to save him, and if Jah doesnt want him to pass away today, then Jah will save him regardless of what i might do

??????

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I