Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2237&start_row=11

African HipHop

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 9/28/2007 7:52:25 AM

Blessed Love

Yes i, i just read his first ever song review

Artist, Dubcreator feat. Jah Marnyah & Jah Bird
Title, Defender Of The Faith / Let The Healing Begin
Label, Asaiah Records

"This new Dubcreator release on his own Asaiah Records label will be available soon. Being lucky to have a pre-copy, I want to recommend it to you. The 10" features one heavyweight steppers riddim in a more rootical Dubcreator style than ever before. He's come a long way during the last 10 years or something. In a way it reminds me of Jah Warrior's development who went more and more into the roots direction.
The riddim comes with live guitars, percussion and excuisite brass sections. Vocals are provided by Jah Marnyah from the Vibronics stable and Jah Bird, an Ethiopian singer who lives in the Netherlands. I prefer his contribution, maybe because he sounds fresh and new.

The dub versions add much more heaviness to the riddim with more accentuation on the drum & bass section. "Dub Defender" is a brass-version one could say while "Healing Dub" is a pure dub version with more echoes, effects and vocal-bits in it.

All in all this record is one heavy piece of modern roots & dub music. It will work great on a sound (as usual) but is also suited for home-listening. Check out www.dubcreator.com for (hopefully) up-to-date information. "

Jah Crown us All with Success

Rastafari

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 9/28/2007 8:28:20 AM

"and not those many (jamaican shashamane) bands who play Bob Marley over and over again"

Haaaaaa HA HA HA HA HA HA... you know!! LMAO LMAO LMAO.

Ahhhh.... ROFLMAO!!!!

Bro. Anbesa... the I is soooo feisty!! LMAO LMAO. It's true though, blatantly.

I really see what the I is saying about the visit to Ithiopia. I get the vibes... cos these were my suspicions. Remember ages ago, I said to the I... I wanna go see Addis, the ancient cities, and Lalibela... but wasn't interested in Shasha... it was for these said kind of reasons. I think maybe one has to know Africa to sight the ivels cos people do underestimate the shock to the westernised system that Africa can be.

*giggle giggle... playing Bob over and over... teehee.

(If I have to hear another rendition of Redemption Song...)

Yo... did anyone else notice when that lady came in here... she said something about "Jah Nesta"... ye see the nonsense. I heard that many of the Shash rastas see Bob Marley as divine in the same way they see His Majesty.

Madness.

Oh... sorry for distracting the hip hop talk. I'm not a hip hop scholar.

Is everyone LOVING Natural Black tho???! Yes yes. I am.

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I