Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2208&start_row=1

Evil in the Omnipotent Creator of Good

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 33
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 9/16/2007 8:42:58 PM

Greetings All...

With the most good in my own intentions, let I pose the truth of Jah as One, Jah as the Omnipresent, Omnipotent, Creator of the ALL, and of course I and I can easily agree that Jah, our Lord of Lords, is all these things. So, Jah is no linear force but an unlimited force constantly expanding in a way unfathomable to I own mind. This force is one that has sparked and nulled everything yet nothing and nowhere has never been a reality just a concept with no tangibility. Now we are faced with all the powers in this Universe the Good, Bad, and Ugly....now everything that is beautiful and pleasing to the senses is a palatable experience and we rarely desire to counter these emotions which rise within I and I as a result of beauty and goodness, and why should we. Yet it is also common that we are faced with powers displeasing and horrible to the senses of I, and it much easier to counter these experiences and detach ourselves from the force that created them, yet we are not exempt. It is the Creator of the One and the All that we accepted the moment I and I took our first breath and long before that our Creator did accept and appreciate I and I infinitely, so should it not be a dishonor to detach from that which is bad or to use a more provocative word "evil".

God and Satan are constant themes here yet our creator is the One and the All, so how is it that we can remove the force of evil from the One and ONLY Creator. This action is simply not possible. I, for my own part, would assert that His Majesty, Girmawi Qedemawi Haile Selassie I, Iyasus Christos, forIver, is the all, and with not one hair out of place, He has placed every aspect of His own being into the force of balance that creates ultimate harmony in the Iniverse.

These are only my own thoughts... and I posted them in the hope Ones would share their own...

SELAM

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 9/16/2007 11:27:26 PM

So...

It is not my intention to say that His Majesty is any bit of evil, for it is the will of the force embodied within the cosmos which is greater than what can be controlled through will of the force embodied within men. His Majesty, God in Man, the culmination of Christly Character shows us that through human righteousness One can use their own embodied force to rise into the highest form of being. To recognize that we all have the ability to raise ourselves up or tear ourselves down; it is our own choice to make steps towards the gate. As God is constantly expanding it is our Self which has the ability to expand too, towards good or evil. Neither will stop, as the Universe motion always has been and forever will be, it is the potential for either which should be recognized, highly respected, and put into the greatest of use towards the production of Righteous expansion....

SELAM

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 9/17/2007 7:40:40 AM

RIGHTEOUS EXPANSION.... HAILE I SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI!

I love that. InI promote righteous expansion. Selah.

Yes, many incient cultures in the world recorgnise the balance of forces that make up creation. This was granted onto us with the grace of the fullness of creation, it was for InI to encourage the positive charge of our creation through righteousness and reep the wealth of heaven thereof.

Yes SunofMan, Ras Tafari is the All... the Almighty I... a great & terrible Righteous judge. I think the I assertions support InI that know that righteousness has no partiality as good or evil. Righteousness is as a fire that flames and burns, thriving on itself. It is a fire that can purge or burn, the variable is the subject who is put into the flame. The flame does not change. As the core of our earth burns fiyah red that gives life... and the sun pours on InI to expound the glories of this scene... to awe in it's magnificence is to know and respect it's potency... hence InI can be safe from it's burning flames, and can enjoy the warmth of it's temperance. To shrug off the power and say I am the powerful one, it can't burn me... especially if I have this babylon fire proof t-shirt... well, you can imagine the rest.

Give thanks!

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 9/17/2007 6:52:18 PM

Give Thanks for the word sound Yaa...(good food makes Ones stronger) ...and the Sun is indeed a perfect example of the creating force which nurtures, gives, and sustains life, and could just as easily stop life too. The respect we must have for the full spectrum of light and dark is lost on so many. There is no way to appreciate the all by seeing only one side of the Creator, surely all cause and effect plays into the cosmic balance. To be here, now, is to play a critical role in the next moment the Universe will endure. To strive for human perfection in this time means what for the future? A pebble in the ocean still creates a ripple whether I see it or not, and so in that I and I can appreciate the Unseen, His Majesty is merely veiled by the tangible view our senses take in and so many take it like He's gone. One needs no human form to recognize H.I.M. anymore, as we have been afforded the luxury to follow His earthly example we can see Him grow in and all around us. This is the expansion of H.I.M., and as this expansion occurs we need not take disaster out of account, for there is time and space for everything. Let what is seemingly not good, what provides the appearance of "evil" be the greatest building block, stepping stone, Inspiration and cause for the most righteous effect in the hearts and minds of our being...

SELAM

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 9/17/2007 9:47:26 PM

There is no evil in good the two cannot live together. There is no evil in my creator, he have us the freedom to chose. His majesty said freedom is good for some people but it is a cause for problem. Education not training enhance freedom ignorance degrade it. Are you saying that his majesty is evil. Prove it. The ways of the creator/His Majesty His laws are perfect conveting the soul, it is only when man go away from his ways and chose our own way we find evil. Man by nature is sinful and how dearthis evil thought came to your mind.do you know that was the same complain satan brought against the Most High, tying to bring the angles on his side. Remember he that speak of himself seeks his own glory he that speak of him who send him the same is true and have no unrighteousness in him. John7:18. Read my post rasta or deceivers

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/18/2007 12:48:10 AM

I and I have been given the choice to trod with Jah, or not to trod with Jah. Jah made I and I to have knowledge so that we can make changes within us and outside of us. So we have the power to build or destroy. If I and I are trodding with Jah, then we will build what should be built and destroy what should be destroyed. Sometimes certain things need to be destroyed. For example, the food we eat is destroyed by our teeth and enzymes, and then rebuilt to fuel and repair our body. Jah will keep I and I in the right balance if we Live by the example of Jah. If we are trodding against Jah, then we will live with imbalance and not do our part in this Creation, but we will be working against Life.

As I have said, we have been given the ability to build and destroy. These abilities are not evil, but are there to promote Life. What is evil is when building and destroying get out of balance and work against Life, so things are built that shouldn't be built and things are destroyed that shouldn't be destroyed. Jah doesn't want I and I to only do good because we have no choice. Jah is developing a Perfect Creation that will choose righteousness, not because they were programmed to choose righteousness, but because they have risen up within themself and have chosen good over evil.

Jah knows all things and is not programmed by anyone, but can see and choose what Jah wants, and Jah always chooses to promote Life. Ye are Gods and all of ye are children of the Most High, but ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes. When I and I Live by the example of Jah, then I and I will be a Creation that Lives in the image of Jah, and are not programmed by anyone, but can see and choose what I and I want, and I and I will always choose to promote Life.

So evil comes only from one place, from within ourself, it is our choice to make.

Choose Jah,

James 1
12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.
17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

Root of Evil

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 9/18/2007 7:41:56 AM

Give Thanks for the word/sound...Ark I and Ras Power...

Ark I, I do like the I's words very much and agree too that Jah is in favor of life to the fullest. I was, however, coming to the point that as we may see something which appear to be life taken away may in turn be what actually produces more life in turn. For instance, what is considered the death of a star actually becomes the birth of galaxies, or the eruption of a volcano which covers the earth with lava removing what lives in its path only to create a more fertile soil in which an even greater life growth can take place. I would counter one point in that when the I said that evil comes from only one place, within ourselves, that it is ourselves which comes from Jah...for that matter Everything comes from Jah, and it was my hope through this post to examine this Icept. For we know that Jah is the fullness of all things and never just half of the story...
Ras Power, I never meant to offend the I, but I'm kind of getting the feeling that I did. I hope we can reason it out though, as there must be more potential in our conversation. I was struck by the comment the I made that I might presume His Majesty as "evil", which in my second post (right at the top of the page) I clearly said " It is not my intention to say that His Majesty is any bit of evil" and perhaps the I would do both of us the favor of going back and re-reading my post, for surely the I missed I point. However, like I said to Ark I it is our Creator which is the fullness of all things, and should we be given the power to choose, then the subsequent outcomes are also in the hands of the Lord, no? When we speak of angels and Lucifer like they are separate entities the confusion begins, for these are merely aspects of the One....Ahadu Amlak!!!

SELAM

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 9/19/2007 7:38:21 AM

Please know that His Majesty always had the power of choice just like all of I and I, and had he chosen to do works of evil, well...we probably wouldn't be having this conversation. His Majesty's life of human perfection in righteousness is the earthly example set before us, and that is where our "salvation" rests. It is the example we follow, yet knowing that we've been born as the median of the higher and lower self we grow into a state of consciousness that then determines our respective destiny, we are aware of the choices we can make, and we can choose a path of infinite righteousness, or a path of evil. My point is His Majesty has shown us the Kingdom lies at the head of the path of infinite righteousness, and the path to evil leads to oblivion or "nowhere", thus it is not really a viable path at all, still ones choose it though for illusion is a vain mask covered with seeming luxury. If ones wish to reap the fruits of this life it is in good works that we receive our reward. Yet it would be foolish of us to think that we can observe positivity without a negative charge to balance it....

SELAM

Messenger: Alexander Sent: 9/22/2007 8:47:15 AM

I have to say that it is difficult for me to understand the views on the world being expressed in this topic. I see life as a gift from Jah, but the way you guys are expressing things it seems as if you see it as a test.

This is my current view on this topic: I think that our creator is almighty in the sense that he is the force of existance itself. Jah created the world with good intentions. Out of love, he made man in his own likeness so that man could walk The Earth and live and love in the same way that Jah lives and loves. Jah is the positive force of creation and so he never wished for evil to be a part of his world. But evil did become a part of his world, Satan became a force in his creation.

If man did not have knowledge of good and evil I do not think that it would mean that man would lose his free will. There is not only a single good decision you can make in life, there are several, just as there are several bad decisions you can make. Genesis says that Jah created man, but it does not say that he created man with the knowledge of good and evil. If Jah wanted man to have knowledge of good and evil, he would have created man with that knowledge from the beginning. Jah wanted man to keep away from evil things, that's why he told them to not even find out about Satan doings. But due to man's free will, man went to Satan, man let himself be tempted by Satan. Man went to gain knowledge about evil things.

To me, if you say that Jah created man in his own likeness and at the same time state that Jah created man with the knowledge of good and evil, then that must mean that Jah is both good and evil, since he is the force of creation. And it is hard for me to understand how the force of creation could be even a little bit evil. How can the world have been created out of anything other than love?

These are only my thoughts, please correct me if you believe me to be wrong. I am still seeking knowledge on this subject.

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 9/22/2007 2:16:18 PM

Give Thanks Alexander for bringing up crucial points in the reasoning!!!

It was concerning I that the reasoning was presenting the possibility of Ones viewing life's earthly plane as a test. A test is certainly not what life is; I would say that life is rather a "chance", and not some roll of the dice either but a chance of which we are conscious. If the word chance is not pleasing to the I's we could also say that life is a "way", a way in which we can fulfill our potential for enlightenment.

Alexander I do think that the I had it correct that "our creator is almighty in the sense that he is the force of existance itself", and so let I pose a question to the I; If evil exists, is evil not encompassed within the force of existence itself?"
It is His Majesty in flesh on Earth who has shown I and I that it is our choice to do what we want but here the Almighty stands before you to show all humanity the way. Should One choose to let righteousness expand within themself then let it be so, and vice versa, but only through righteousness shall One find the gate. Out of love, One could say that I have been given the option of salvation, it wouldn't be right to say that evil was created to spite mankind or anything like that, evil exists in the balance of the Iniverse. We can take it further and say that there is no complete good or complete evil without the other, as everything in creation is in essence connected, in example: we are internally pulled towards good intention through a force in opposition to evil intent. So it is the cosmic balance of forces in opposition which creates the expansion and collapse of Iniversal form and function.
Adam and Eve were created with temptation in front of them, as they gave in to a negative force (the collapse), they in turn opened the expansion of a knowledge from which we benefit from today and from that expanding force we can roll with it or turn in opposition (collapse/evil force). Of course it is important to recognize that in the expansion and collapse that has always existed before mankind was conscious of it, there were no human emotions to be projected on to it. All existed and it simply was in harmony.

I love to reason more with all I's on the Icept should Ones choose to take it further.

SELAM ENA FIKRE

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 33

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I