Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2187&start_row=1

Tommy Hilfiger Rumour

1 - 1011 - 13
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/14/2007 12:03:32 AM

I saw somebody mention Tommy Hilfiger recently on the forum. I am not usually in the habit of talking about these kinds of subjects, but since it was brought up on the forum, I wanted to share what I know about it.

I saw an episode of Oprah a few weeks ago and she had Tommy Hilfiger on her show (for real this time). She was dispelling the rumour that people said about him being on her show before. She said that this was the first time she had him on her show and the reason she brought him on was that the email that started many years ago was starting to circulate again. She said the the email was a lie and he was never on her show until that day. And as far as he and her are concerned, he never made the statements that were mentioned in the rumour email.

Here is the rumour email that many people may have seen before.

-------------------------------------
I'm sure many of you might have watched the recent
taping of the Oprah Winfrey show in Chicago where her
guest was Tommy Hilfiger.On the show, She asked him if
the statements about race he was accused of saying
were true.

Statements like"..."If I'd known African-Americans,
Hispanics, Jewish and Asians would buy my clothes, I
WOULD NOT have made them so nice. I wish these people
would *NOT* buy my clothes, as they are made for upper
class white people." His answer to Oprah was a simple
"YES". Where after she immediately asked him to leave
her show.

Suggestion? Don't buy your next shirt or perfume from
Tommy Hilfiger.

Let's give him what he asked for. Let's not buy his
clothes, let's put him in a financial state where he
himself will not be able to afford the ridiculous
prices he puts on his clothes. If we are small, then
send it to the whole community that's not white people
and see the result. We have to see the result of
unity.

Let's find out if Asian, Jews and Non-white really
plays such a small part in the world.Stop buying all
range of Hillfiger products, perfume, cosmetics,
clothes, bags, etc
-------------------------------------

Don't believe everything you hear or read.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 9/14/2007 7:53:27 AM

Seen, so thats how that rumour started.

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 9/15/2007 12:19:40 AM

Rastafari, I was just thinking bout that today. For a long time I been blazing fire if I see I yute wearing his clothes. Today I saw I yute father bought her a skirt today from him and I was just burning fire. See that was a lot of wasted fire..lol.. Yes I, cannot believe everything u read.

Made I think of an author not to believe, Berry Chavennes..he is a heathen. Have u ever read his books or articles?

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 9/17/2007 7:57:28 AM

Beloved Family! Blessed love!

I don't think InI should feel bad about circulating whatever rumours. We all know this stuff is true essentially. Of course I doubt he has a problem with any race of people buying his clothes. Why would he? The colour of money is green (in Amerikkka).

But at the end of the day, it is a true thing that InI youths are going around with guns and tainting their own souls with petty crime basically because of these massive commercial machines. Our own youths are turning murderer to steal "coca-cola" as Bill Cosby put it.

The only thing is it doesn't stop at Tommy Hilfiger. That is the reality of it. But, relating to boycotts and that kind of thing... there is no point starting one... because on the principle of boycotting, if we start compiling the list of offensive corporations to InI struggle, you know we'll never finish the list. So, InI chant repartriation... and CHANT down Rome. Let them tumble at ONCE!

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 9/17/2007 9:03:38 AM

Yes I, Empress

Simple,
no half measures, no compromises, REPATRIATION NOW

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/19/2007 12:30:45 AM

Yaa Asantewa, the I said,

--------------------
I don't think InI should feel bad about circulating whatever rumours. We all know this stuff is true essentially. Of course I doubt he has a problem with any race of people buying his clothes. Why would he? The colour of money is green (in Amerikkka).
--------------------

I don't wish to spread false rumours. If there is something to be said against Tommy Hilfiger, then it should be something that is true.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras Bredren Nicholas Sent: 9/19/2007 5:59:52 AM

Yes Mi Lord!

Good Fi Trut' a Come Forward inna dis Ime ova false tings. Bless. Ises

Selassie I LIVE!

Messenger: Ten Sent: 9/19/2007 8:53:22 AM

Bless
That story has been circulating for years and I would wonder why he'd have Black rappers, models and R n B stars endorsing his label if that's how he really felt. And Oprah would have been more vocal about it in the past were it true anyway. But Empress Yaa did make a true observation when she wrote, "InI youths are going around with guns and tainting their own souls with petty crime basically because of these massive commercial machines."
That's the heart of the battle right there, getting over mental slavery of capitalism.
One Love

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 9/19/2007 9:10:09 AM

Ten, because he knows the rappers and singers will buy it, its called exploitation. Just like how the slave master got rich off the slave, nothing new just a new name...
When I was a teenager, I was told, "u can be frens with THEM, but don't marry THEM" So, u know wat I did, I disowned 1/2 i family, thats what i did.

Messenger: Ten Sent: 9/19/2007 9:21:23 AM

Yes Empress no doubt it is exploitation and the rappers are also blind enough to endorse it and promote that big designer lifesetyle. Its like Dead Prez when they say, "that label is that slaveship", just new Black and white masters and youths are the blind sheep of bling.

1 - 1011 - 13

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I