Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2182&start_row=21

SUNDAY .......WHO CHANGED GODS TRUTH INTO A LIE

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 24
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 9/27/2007 10:38:25 AM

Yes Iyah. I was having a lil fun with them and didn't know all of the madness about dark Indians and all that...

Next time...!!! LOL.

Messenger: Tekle Selassie Sent: 9/28/2007 9:37:48 AM

SPEAK TRUTH IDREN.
I&Iknow that Ityopia's Kristyan Empire remained impervious to Rome's influence throughout. Also I&I know Ityopia had Kristyan faith long b4 Rome & that the Ityopian Tewahedo doctrine is unchanged from 34AD 1 yr after Iyesus Krstos ascended.
So then, if Sunday is exclusively a Vatican thing, why do Tewahedo Kristyans go to the Tabernacle on Sunday?

Because Krstos rose on Sunday (Son's Day) & it became the NEW Sabbath.
this is evident in the Ethiopic names for Saturday (Kidame/ which means "first" as in Kidamawi Hailie Selassie/AKA '1st Sabbath') this comes from Ge'ez.

The word for Sunday "Ihud" (meaning "1" AKA the new sabbath)

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 9/28/2007 2:38:07 PM

LOL new sabbath lol lol

And you say christ arose on sunday, but you want to keep ignorant of the fact that Christ rested on the saturday as His Father in heaven rested on saturday, funny, Christ follows HIS Fathers example, so whose do you follow
no different than what i spoke with that jehovah witness lady. soon as i ask why they dont observe the sabbath, she start talking about..since jesus was crucified....Fyah on you, all you who talk of Christ as if he came to change the word of His Father, when He himself say he come to fulfill. Fyah on all you so called christians who claim the bible is your word of God and the Law but still keep coming up with new things that go against the bible when it was already said that heaven and earth shall pass away before Jah changes HIS Word

Yes, plenty Ethiopians try to keep sunday holy (in addition to sat sabbath) as a remembrance of the Resurrection, and so it should be that everyday of the week be kept holy, that is why it is called the Lordīs day. Unfortunately in these days and imes we find many Ethiopians putting even more emphasis on sunday than saturday sabbath

But any person who says that the one day was somehow exchanged for the other is either ignorant or a liar

Its alright though. From this post and your other post, i can see what you are dealing with, so i will just say, Get thee behind me satan, thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/28/2007 3:43:29 PM

Tekle, you said,
-----------------------------------
So then, if Sunday is exclusively a Vatican thing, why do Tewahedo Kristyans go to the Tabernacle on Sunday?
-----------------------------------

Here is some history to show you why.

------------------------------------
statements by Ethiopian Emperor Galawdewos (A.D. 1540-1559):

We do celebrate the Sabbath (Saturday), because God, after He had finished the Creation of the World, rested thereon...and that especially, since Christ came not to dissolve the law but to fulfill it. It is therefore not in the imitation of the Jews, but in obedience to Christ, and His holy apostles, that we observe that day

W. W. Oliphant, an African church leader in the early years of the twentieth century says that the "Sabbath in Ethiopia [has] been kept from the days of Nimrod, about 2140 B.C. (read Gen. 10:8, 10), that is 700 years before the birth of Moses. . . . Africans or Ethiopians had been Sabbath observers from the days of Nimrod, the son of Cush"

And here comes the change, courtesy of the vatican,

King Suseynos (1607-32) became Catholic in the hope of an advantgeous military alliance with the west. Alphonsus Mendes, who was sent out as patriarch of Ethiopia, demanded that all Ethiopian Christians be re-baptized, and the priests re-ordained, though he permitted the married priests to remain married. He prohibited the Ethiopian custom of circumcision, and insisted that Saturday be turned from the Sabbath as observed by the Ethiopians to a fast day.

And here is the response from the Ethiopians,
Ethiopia: Sabbath Crisis - Jesuit missionaries succeeded in converting the Emperor to Roman Catholicism, but attempts to quash Sabbath-keeping resulted in civil war.

King Suseynos successor drove the Catholic missionaires out of Ethiopia again when they tried to assert full-blown Catholicism.

The Ethiopian Church has maintained many more Jewish practices than most other Christian Churches, every Ethiopian Christian male is circumcised, devout Ethiopian Christians keep Sabbath (as well as Sunday), an ark is an essential part of every church, and is carried out of the church for festivals , and priests will sacrifice a goat or a lamb for the sick.

The names of the days of the week have also undergone significant changes. In olden times Sunday was often referred to in Ge'ez, the classical language of Ethiopia, as Sanbata Krestiyan, or the 'Christian Sabbath,' and Saturday, which the Ethiopians formerly also celebrated as a Sabbath, was known as Qadamit Sanbat, or 'First Sabbath,' while Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday were called Salus, Rabu'e, Hamus and Sadus - names which signified that they were respectively the third, fourth, fifth and sixth days of the week. Some of these old terms have over the years been abandoned, while others have been retained or modified.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 24

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I