Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2162&start_row=1

The Sabbath

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Alexander Sent: 9/8/2007 7:36:41 AM

Greetings everyone! I would like to reason with I and I about the Sabbath. To start with: is there anything that I and I absolutely should keep away from doing on the Sabbath or should I and I just make it a resting day in general?

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 9/8/2007 11:34:52 AM

blessed, if the I cannot attend service, take ur bible and go in a quiet place if possible and read. Or read other books relating to rastafari. the I should not kindle fire, use knife, all foods should be prepared before sabbath. No pen should be used, or electronics. I go on the computer to read and reason tho. U can tape a sabbath service tho with permission. No money should be spent during sabbath, which for I is 6pm friday to 6pm sat. night. I know some practice sabbath on sunday, but the way the church do it is wrong. If u look in genesis it says evening to morning is one day, so then if it was sunday it would start sunday night til monday.
I can only share wat I know. I didn't go over everything, but that is the bobo way of sabbath(some ways)

oh u fast from 12midnight to 12noon and after morning service u wash ur mouth out and stomp ur feet chanting, "dust to babylon sayings and doings" but not everyone does that..

Messenger: Alexander Sent: 9/8/2007 2:11:07 PM

Many thanks for the information, it was very interesting to read.

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 9/8/2007 4:38:28 PM

SABBATH SERVICE BOBO SHANTY IN PHILLY PA

..> GIVE THANKS AND PRAISES
HAILE SELASSIE I AND EMPRESS MENEN
I BLESSED MY EYES ON ZION ,SABBATH SERVICE
BOBO TABERNACLE WAS TRULLY HEAVEN...GIVE THANKS AND PRAISES
FOR HOSPITALITY AND LOVE TO EMPRESS TRACY AND EMPRESS MAKEDA ...PREIST ISNLY AND DANIEL NO 1 BAND ... PROPHETS AND PREISTS .GIVE THANKS FOR WORDS OF TRUTH WORDS OF SALVATION UPLIFTMENT..... POWER OF GOD IN FLESH
GIVE THANKS AND PRAISES TO THE MOST HIGH GOD JAH RASTAFARI GREAT AND TERRIBLE JAH JAHOVIA GOD JAH RASTAFARI SELASSIE I
I WAS GIVIN THIS DAY WICH I MET EMPRESS RACHEL
THE QUEEN OF
THE RIGHT HON. KING IMMANUEL CHARLES EDWARD THE 7 TH BLACK CRIST IN FLESH/ LORD AND KING FOUNDER AND LEADER OF THE ETHIOPIA AFRICA BLACK INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS THE LORD SERVANT MAN OF RIGHT MAN IN AUTHORITY
IT WAS A HONOR TO BE IN YOUR PRESENCE
BLESSED HON PROPHET MICHAEL
AND EVERY ONE WHO WAS IN SERVICE CLAPPIN AND CHANTING PRAISES TO OUR GOD
ADONI GOD SELAH SELASSIE I JAAH RAAS TAFARI
EVERY ONE
PLEASE REMEBER GOD COME IN FLESH
SO DOES SATAN
MAN OF RIGHT IS GOD IN FLESH
MAN OF EVIL IS SATAN IN FLESH
WHO ARE U?
SO DO RIGHT AND LEFT WRONG
REMEBER TO PUT ON YOUR WHITE ANDKEEP THE SABBATH DAY HOLY
6 DAYS SHALL WORK BE DONE
SATDAY IS THE SEVENTH DAY
HAS ALWAYS BEEN ALWAYS WILL BE
GODS COVENANT WITH U THE GOD OF THE LIVIN
KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS AND LIVE
GIVE THANKS FOR THE BLACK CHRIST SALVATION
FREE AFRICA NOW

CLOSE WITH 7 WORDS OF LOVE
GOD IS LOVE LET US ALL LOVE
HOLY IMMANUEL I SELASSIE I JAAAAAAH RAAASTAFARI

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 9/8/2007 4:54:21 PM

Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy. Exodus 20 &31, Leviticus 25. This mean to say this day was created for sons and daughters to keep it holy. This day is for everyone to keep it. No money spending on this day, from 6 p.m. Friday evening to 6 p.m. Saturday evening, the day must be kept holy. No work is to be done on this day, this is a day of service. It is a bless day for everyone to keep it holy.We attend service, that is to say we take our Bible and go aside and read. Whether in the tabernacle or in your bedroom you must keep this day holy, all you have to do is provide your meal from Friday, so as to have everything ready on this day, Saturday the seventh day. You fast from Friday midnight until Saturday midday then you would eat your meal. This is for the house of Israelite the Lord's day to keep it holy. HOLY EMMANUEL I SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI.

The evil world tell you that Sunday is the day of worship, this is the imperialism and colonialism way of worship, that cannot lead you to God but to death; the way of society and Christianity. this is Satan way of worship, the X world teaching which leads to six foot six
KING IMMANUEL CHARLES EDWARDS THE 7TH

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 9/8/2007 8:29:53 PM

The sabbath is the sign between God and his people. It is the sign of creation six days the lord created the heavens and earth and rested on the seventh. Its the him of salvation. Moreover i gave them my sabbath to be a sign between me and them that i may be their God and they shall benz people. The catholic church say no we above the bible an our claim is that we change the day of worship from saturday the seventh to the sunday the first day and day of the sun, and all the world bow to the authority of the church. In revelation the angle said to worship him who made the heaven earth the sea and all that is in them.whichip a direct coat from the fourth commandment,the sabbath is important as any of the nine . And is a sign of devotion to the creator

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 9/8/2007 10:12:28 PM

yes ras power and rook, give thanx for the ilahful words..love love..I am surprised that I never told to keep sabbath until recently. Actually, up until a year ago, I didn't even know sabbath is on a sat. or how important it is. Why don't all rasta keep sabbath? I am just curious. Today I kept practicing the creed and I kept repeating it over and over again, it was so sunny out, but then the thunder came. It thundered for a 1/2 hr. with the sun still shining bright, wat a joy. I memorized the first part..

Glory Be to our Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy one of creation as Jah was in the beginning is now and ever shall be Jah world without end. So we hail our GOD SELASSIE I JAHOVIA GOD JAH RASTAFARI our almighty GOD JAH RASTAFARI great and terrible GOD JAH RASTAFARI is the Almighty God. Jah who sitteth in Zion and reign in the hearts of all flesh. O THOU MOST HIGH ETERNAL FATHER JAHOVIA GOD JAH RASTAFARI hear us and bless us O lord keep and sanctify us all, cause they Holy face to shine upons us thy children so we shall be saved and redeemed O thou Most High God Jah Rastafari!!!

Messenger: Ten Sent: 9/9/2007 4:05:38 AM

Blessed Love
On the Sabbath for I way is from sunset to sunset, I prepare I meal before sunset on Friday, give Ises eat and begin fast. I rise up and go to the Temple in time for sunrise to chant and give Ises then go home and give chant the Psalms and short prayers of thanks at 12, 3 and 7 or go to the Creation (depending on where I am). Then at sunset I give Ises, chant the Psalms and break fast with water, prepare ital and ask JAH Blessing for I iditations and give thanks for a new strong.
Haille I, Sellasie I, King Rastafari. Let HIM be praised.

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 9/9/2007 9:57:37 AM

ten, wat temple the reffering 2? Give thanx 4 sharing ur sabbath.

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I