Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2156&start_row=1

bobo vs twelve tribe

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: still looking Sent: 9/5/2007 4:50:51 PM

in my years of knowing rasta i have had many more encounters with twelve tribe compared to bobo. this is the first site where there has been so many vocal bobo.............now i have not met all bobo, but from reasoning boards, meeting, and reading about.......one of the big difference that i see is that twelve tribe tends to be more inclusive and tolerant.

i can see why bob chose twelve tribe. bobo seems to hold onto a philosophy that will create more division then unity

Messenger: Ten Sent: 9/5/2007 5:37:06 PM

Aya
I overs there are things I don't agree with in both Houses, but I can't use those views as a measuring stick for the individual Rases whose view don't always reflect those of a House. I've met some very irie BoboIngels - the most humble and kindest of peoples and I have also risen with some wonderfyl, blessed Kings n Queens from the Twelve Tribe Order too. And of course you have those in both orders whose views you just can't overs. Having risen as a Twelve Tribes Dawta, I've found some views of the Idrens to be biased towards women, esp when it comes to tribes, they say all sisters are Dinah and have no spirit, but a brother can have a spirit because the Bible says so...I n I sisters nah feel that because we rose on our own hence named ourselves accordingly, and of course we had those who appreci-loved our independence and then there were those who found us odd...It also depends on where you are in the world SA there aren't that many Bobos and in Zim too, they're mostly Twelve Tribes and Nyahbinghi (and you'll find differences within these individual groups) but in UK you find the different strong orders. It's all love still, Sellasie I liveth and reigneth, I n I must keep moving, making progress and keep Jah faya burning.
RASTA

Messenger: Mau Mau Sent: 9/5/2007 9:29:29 PM

There's no such thing as Bobo vs Twelve Tribe. There's only one Rastafari. I n I as Rasta have Mansions mainly Boboshanti, Twelve Tribes,Nyahbinghi and Ethiopian Orthodox. Still, there's many that stand simply as Rasta and not belonging to a one of those Mansions or Houses. I see another attempt to cause strife and division among I n I Rasta idren on this site. This is based on what I've observed on topics started and postings from the person starting this post, namely Still Looking. If you're interested in learning about the two Mansions, I suggest you google each of them individually and read up on what their practices are. However even by the heading of your topic, it is evident this is another attempt to foster strife and arguments.

Praises to the Most High Itinually!

One Rastafari!

Messenger: still looking Sent: 9/5/2007 9:40:38 PM

sorry mau mau --maybe "compared to" would have been a better choice than "versus" ---my apologies

and i understand what the i is saying in only one rastafari, but just as there is one christianity or one islam or one hindhu or one buddhism with in them are many branches and often times those branches do have some important differences.

peace

Messenger: Ten Sent: 9/5/2007 9:48:22 PM

True I there are many branches, but its one Rastafari tree that bears the same red, gold and green fruit and has its roots deep down in Mother Africa.

Messenger: still looking Sent: 9/5/2007 10:26:41 PM

i overstand what the i is saying, but i have only been knowledgeable of rasta for 15 odd years and i have never spent i huge amount of time digging way into the different branches ---because to i it seemed divisional --- it was to i just rasta --- but with that said i have known of the different branches and where it is all red, gold and green, it seems some branches have more red an some focus more on the yellow and green, and then others still emphasize the black (and all of this maybe more true of individuals as oppossed to the individual branches).

like i said early, most religions have many branches and though they all come from the same source they do tend to meander their own way. i don't mean to insult anyone with that statement, as i'm not saying it is a bad thing for a religion to have many branches and i'm not saying it is a good thing ---it just seems to happen --- and it will create division within those who go by the same name.

really i am just thinking out loud as a try to figure the frustration many have on this site --because i have been on many sites and this by far has been the most confrontational (and i don't necessarily mean with just me). it seems many asking questions on this site get fire thrown at them rather quickly or they get sarcasm.

when you see names come in for only a few post and leave --- it should make somebody wonder why? why are there certain topics or questions that will not be tolerated? I go to a buddhist site and ask questions to learn and some question the roots of the philosophy or even their god head buddha ---- they don't take it personal --- and they don't acted threatened. here it is quite different --it is like certain things just can't be questioned. but one of the beliefs of many buddhist is that they believe what they believe but if there was evidence presented that was in opposition of one of the teachings they would accept it and change -----

i have never called myself a rasta here ---- i know rasta and rasta is part of i roots ---but to i, i am many things and i am nothing ---except always human. the world can be a scary place and or it can be a safe place ---- for i to claim "i am this"(not including human) would make it more scary, because i have now drawn a line between me and others --there is a them and us ----when i hear ones here keep talking about the wicked the wicked the wicked it sounds just like a version of the koran i have which must say non-believers 500 times. with such worry of others how can we work on ourselves.

well --i will not saying i'm leaving forever, i will say i'm leaving. for those that are happy --i honestly am glad that i will be eliminating some of your suffering and frustration that you have felt when reading my post. to those who i have reasonned well with, even in disagreement, i wish you all the best. and ten, i do not pray but i will be only hoping for the best for zimbabwe and my wife and i will do whatever little we can to help.

peace and JAH GUIDES (the energy of creation)

Messenger: Selahssie i son Sent: 9/5/2007 10:33:14 PM

UNITE!

Messenger: Ten Sent: 9/6/2007 7:15:30 AM

Jah Bless Still Looking
"i am many things and i am nothing"
That Aya is the essence of being - to embody a multiplicity of things but still nothingness as a humble state of mind.
Aya give thanks for all the reasonings we've had, its been good getting to know the I and share stories on your personal life. Aya thank you for being so open, it takes alot to bare yourself like that to a chat forum of unknown peoples. We've reasoned plenty on Africa and Rastafari, I'm glad I got past our initial differences - I wish differences with other Ites had been ironed out too as you had some really valuable things to say on so many matters. I don't like to see people leave and I'm probably the one of the few who'd be affected by your temporary departure (which I think is really unneccessary). Its good to have oppositional views sometimes, it moves us out of our comfort zones where our values can become static so to encounter difference is good. For that reason I feel everyone has a voice here and our differences are what make us unique in perspective and aid us in our move towards Oneness, Overstanding and Love. I over this movement to be a forward movement, a heartical vibe with a rootical connection to the Motherland and as Mother should embrace the diversity of all Suns n Dawtas of Zion. Greetings to your Queen I.
Sellasie I Live, Blessed Love

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 9/6/2007 7:34:56 AM

I can tell u this like I mentioned before once u step into the royal house of king david u will be filled with joy. Just because someone say they bobo don't mean they are living in the fullness. Like hebrew 7 tells I n I to try every spirit for many false prophets are gone out in the world. But, if u go to a service or tabernacle u would only see love, feel love, talk love, etc. It is so ilahful.
Bobo are very obedient just like any of us should be in order to grow. If ur doing wrong it will be called on. U come with folly u will be purged, so some may not be ready to let go of their folly in order to grow.
I have a hard time with some principles, but I respect the order 100%. In time I will grow to understand all principles. The internet also talks negative bout bobo, ex. barry chevannes article on bobo hill. What he wrote bout it such folly, burn fire on him..

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 9/6/2007 8:15:16 AM

Talk Boboshanty and the guy got weak. Says it all as far as I can see.

We fiyah burn the "movement" thing. It's livity or nothing.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I