Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2146&start_row=1

Mark of the Beast .....Mark of Authority

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 9/2/2007 5:38:00 PM

Many people will tell you that a day doesnt make any differnce, a day is a day, saturday, sunday, who cares as long as you keep one day holy. But that is not the point in question, the day is incidental. The real question is, Whose Authority do you accept. The authority of God as contained in the Ible or the Authority of Rome

"Sunday is our Mark of Authority. The church is above the bible and the transference of sabbath observance is proof of that fact"
Catholic Period 1923

"not the creator of the universe in Gen,1,2,3 but the catholic church can claim the honour of having granted man a pause to his work every seven days" S.C,Mosna. Storia della Domenica. 1969

"Let no man decieve you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God,or that is worshipped;so that he is as God sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God "
2 Thessalonians 2:3-2:4

"The Pope has power to change times, to abrogate laws, and to dispense with all things, even the precepts of Christ." Decretal De Translat. Episcop. Cap.

And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls having a golden cup in her hands, full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication
And upon her forhead was a name written MYSTERY BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. Rev.18 4-5

"It must be always clear that the one holy catholic apostolic universal church is not the sister but the mother of all the churches"
Cardinal Ratzinger a.k.a the Enforcer (now pope, former head of the inquisition)April 2000

The Bible says remember that thou keep holy the Sabbath day. The Catholic church says No! By my divine power I abolish the Sabbath day and command you to keep holy the first day of the week. And lo the entire civilized world bows down in reverent obedience to the command of the holy Catholic church." Father Enright, American Sentinel June 1893

Most Christians assume that Sunday is the biblically approved day of worship. The Roman Catholic Church protests that it transferred Christian worship from the biblical Sabbath (Saturday) to Sunday, and that to try to argue that the change was made in the Bible is both dishonest and a denial of Catholic authority. If Protestantism wants to base its teachings only on the Bible, it should worship on Saturday.

The Adventists are the only body of Christians with the Bible as their teacher, who can find no warrant in its pages for the change of the day from the seventh to the first. Hence their appellation, "Seventh-day Adventists." Their cardinal principle consists in setting apart Saturday for the exclusive worship of God, in conformity with the positive command of God himself, repeatedly reiterated in the sacred books of the Old and New Testaments, literally obeyed by the children of Israel for thousands of years to this day, and endorsed by the teaching and practice of the Son of God whilst on earth.

Per contra, the Protestants of the world, the Adventists excepted, with the same Bible as their cherished and sole infallible teacher, by their practice, since their appearance in the sixteenth century, with the time-honored practice of the Jewish people before their eyes, have rejected the day named for His worship by God, and assumed, in apparent contradiction of His command, a day for His worship never once referred to for that purpose, in the pages of that Sacred Volume.

Israelites and Adventists both appeal to the Bible for the divine command, persistently obliging the strict observance of Saturday. The Israelite respects the authority of the Old Testament only, but the Adventist, who is a Christian, accepts the New Testament on the same ground as the Old: viz., an inspired record also. He finds that the Bible, his teacher, is consistent in both parts, that the Redeemer, during His mortal life, never kept any other day than Saturday. The Gospels plainly evince to him this fact; whilst, in the pages of the Acts of the Apostles, the Epistles, and the Apocalypse, not the vestige of an act canceling the Saturday arrangement can be found.

The Adventists, therefore, in common with Israelites, derive their belief from the Old Testament, which position is confirmed by the New Testament, endorsing fully by the life and practice of the Redeemer and His apostles the teaching of the Sacred Word for nearly a century of the Christian era.

Examining the New Testament from cover to cover, critically, we find the Sabbath referred to sixty-one times. We find, too, that the Saviour invariably selected the Sabbath (Saturday) to teach in the synagogues and work miracles. The four Gospels refer to the Sabbath (Saturday) fifty-one times.

In one instance the Redeemer refers to Himself as "the Lord of the Sabbath," as mentioned by Matthew and Luke, (2) but during the whole record of His life, whilst invariably keeping and utilizing the day (Saturday), He never once hinted at a desire to change it. His apostles and personal friends afford to us a striking instance of their scrupulous observance of it after His death, and, whilst His body was yet in tomb, Luke (23:56) informs us: "And they returned and prepared spices and ointments, and rested on the sabbath day according to the commandment." "but on the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came, bringing the spices they had prepared." The "spices" and "ointments" had been prepared Good Friday evening, because "the Sabbath drew near." Verse 54. This action on the part of the personal friends of the Saviour, proves beyond contradiction that after His death they kept "holy" the Saturday, and regarded the Sunday as any other day of the week. Can anything, therefore, be more conclusive than the apostles and the holy women never knew any Sabbath but Saturday, up to the day of Christ's death?

Holy Sabbath is for All nations of peoples

Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;

Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.
Isaiah 56:6-7

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 9/2/2007 7:08:44 PM

Rasta i thought i was the only one who see things that way. All my posts i'm crying for ini to accept his majesty word. Read the bible. Check them out

Messenger: Ras Bredren Nicholas Sent: 9/2/2007 7:32:51 PM

Blessed Heart of Love InI.......Give Ises. Yes I.

Bless InI HolI Annointed Sabbath. Let InI Itinually abide and Raspect Jah RasTafarI Word and Commandments. Haile I JAH RasTafarI Immanuel Selassie I the First.

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 9/3/2007 12:34:50 PM

Blessed love mi bredren.
"The Israelite respects the authority of the Old Testament only"
The I must take into concideration that it is Jews do that , with their man made religion called Judaism... With Talmud laws that man made up. The true Israelites are not worshiping their true GOD, the Almighty. If they where the place where Israel is whould be now inhabited with Hebrews, and would be the righteous nation in the world.
Holy Immanuel I Selassie I JAH Ras Tafar I
The Sabbath must kept holy by all.

Messenger: Mau Mau Sent: 9/6/2007 9:34:12 PM

Yes I, give thanks for sharing on this topic. Keep the Sabbath holy as per Jah instruction and keep away from babylon made-up 'sabbath'. They say the first day of the week is Sunday, so that means the 7th and Holy Sabbath falls on Saturday. Even with their own logic babylon's math doesn't add up.

One Love! Rastafari

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 9/11/2007 12:38:59 PM

Blessed love mi lord.
Yes I.Mau Mau ,it's funny that Babylon gets mixed up and fooled with their own ideas... THey don't see simplest of truths. I guess the I must see the light.
Immanuel I Selassie I JAH Ras Tafar I

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 9/11/2007 12:41:13 PM

All the curch do is take them man away from the Almighty and literally say that they are the church.
Burn them, fire burn Vatican, te Beast.

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 9/11/2007 1:22:58 PM

WORDS OF THE MOST RT HON KING IMMANUEL CHARLES EDWARD THE 7TH
MAN OF "R" THE LORD SERVANT
MOSES IN FLESH
BLACK CHRIST IN FLESH LORD AND KIND PRESIDENT AND FOUNDER
EABIC Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy. Exodus 20 &31, Leviticus 25. This mean to say this day was created for sons and daughters to keep it holy. This day is for everyone to keep it. No money spending on this day, from 6 p.m. Friday evening to 6 p.m. Saturday evening, the day must be kept holy. No work is to be done on this day, this is a day of service. It is a bless day for everyone to keep it holy.We attend service, that is to say we take our Bible and go aside and read. Whether in the tabernacle or in your bedroom you must keep this day holy, all you have to do is provide your meal from Friday, so as to have everything ready on this day, Saturday the seventh day. You fast from Friday midnight until Saturday midday then you would eat your meal. This is for the house of Israelite the Lord's day to keep it holy. HOLY EMMANUEL I SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI.

The evil world tell you that Sunday is the day of worship, this is the imperialism and colonialism way of worship, that cannot lead you to God but to death; the way of society and Christianity. this is Satan way of worship, the X world teaching which leads to six foot six

Messenger: Mau Mau Sent: 9/11/2007 10:57:42 PM

Yes I bredren and sistren, I n I haffi stand up fi di real Sabbath. I n I haffi live and spread the teachings. Nuff people have fallen for babylon 'sabbath' and believe in it even when they still read the Bible. As you can see in the story below the 'high priest' of the antichrist system still urging the world to follow babylon 'sabbath'. BUT BABYLON MACHINATIONS WILL COME TO NOUGHT...RASTAFARI!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6986053.stm

Pope demands respect for Sundays

Pope Benedict XVI has appealed for renewed respect for Sundays as he celebrated Mass at St Stephen's cathedral in the heart of Vienna.
He was speaking on the final day of his three-day visit to Austria.

In his sermon, the Pope said leisure was a good thing amid the mad rush of the modern world, but warned of the dangers of it becoming wasted time.

Correspondents say the papal visit to Austria comes as the influence of the Catholic Church is in decline there.

Growing secularisation

"Give the soul its Sunday, give Sunday its soul," the Pope said, quoting a phrase coined by a German bishop in the 20th Century.

"Leisure time is certainly something good and necessary, especially amid the mad rush of the modern world," he said in his sermon.

The Pope added though that if leisure lacked an inner focus, it could easily become wasted time.

The number of Austrians who regularly attend Sunday Mass has diminished to a tiny proportion of those who call themselves Catholics, according to church statistics, BBC's David Willey reports from Vienna.

The Pope was visiting Austria not only as a pilgrim, but also as a missionary, according to the local press.

His aim during the three-day visit was to help revitalise religious practice in an increasingly secular Austrian society, our correspondent adds.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/europe/6986053.stm

Published: 2007/09/09 13:45:51 GMT

© BBC MMVII

Messenger: Ten Sent: 9/11/2007 11:34:54 PM

Just a question but what about if we find that our Afro-Asiatic ancients as the Christians of the Bible worshipped on a Sunday long before the Babylon proclaimed it as a day of worship? The Catholic Church claims it set Sunday as the day but what if they were stealing this practice from I n I just as they've long done in historical discourse denying Africa as the beginning of civilization.

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I