Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2145&start_row=11

Turban

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 25
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/4/2007 3:39:15 PM

Like Ten said, "its easier demonstrated than explained". It is hard to explain how to do it just by writing. It is hard enough to figure it out how to do it properly even when it is demonstrated.

In regards to why I was offended. You are asking people for advice on how to do something and Ten explained that it was hard to show without demonstration. And instead of humbling yourself, you get vex and say "Instead of arguina about homos, can someone help their idren here!". Why even bring up the arguing about homos thing when you are asking how to tie a Turban. You could have posted asking if anybody else could help you, you didn't have to get vex and take a shot at people suggesting that they are not helping you because they are too busy arguing about homos. I found the approach of your statement very disrespectful to the people you are asking to help you.

Most of the people who would be able to tell you how to tie a turban are Bobo RasTafarI. And the turban is not just a piece of cloth to them, it is part of their order and livity. So why do you think they would want to help you when you can't even respect the sanctity of their tradition and keep the "arguing about homos" out of this topic. Maybe the turban has no significance to you, but it does to others.

You still might not Iverstand why I was offended by your approach. But I am pretty sure if you spoke to Ras KebreAB, Yaa Asantewa and many other RasTafarI, they would Iverstand why I was offended by your approach. You ever hear of Word Sound Power?

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Dominic Sent: 9/4/2007 3:47:01 PM

I can see what you mean. My mistake, im sorry.

Can you accept my apologie?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/4/2007 3:51:49 PM

Blessed Love,

Of course I can accept.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: JudahC Sent: 9/12/2007 9:17:55 AM

i no this aint an awner to the Idrens question,
but i myself am being to look in to the boboshanti. and i was wondering is the turben good for iani locks? becouse i was alwayz told it is bad for your lock to keep dem out of the sun.

plz can one idren or sisdren tell me what is what
jahguide
selassiei love

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 9/12/2007 12:16:28 PM

THAT JUSS DEPEND ON YOUR HAIR
AFTER YEARS OF TIE UP MY HAIR THINNED A LITTE IN THE FRONT
BUT NOTHIN SERIOUS
I STILL LET THE SUN SHINE ON I HEAD AT HOME ON MY PORCH OR IN MY YARD THOUGH
I JUST NEVER LIKED TO FLASH MY LOCKS IN PUBLIC
U KNOW
BUT YEA
U STILL HAVE TO TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOUR LOCKS
VITAMAN E TOO KEEPS DEM HEALTHY

Messenger: Ten Sent: 9/13/2007 9:20:57 PM

Ises
Yes alot of it depends on hair texture, the sun can give good nutrients for hair, but at the same time it can also be discoloured by the sun - if you have black kinky hair. Covering sometimes damages the hairline as it recedes if you tie too tightly and too often - but this again depends on the strength your hairline and how you wrap your locks.
Jah Is

Messenger: Erik Parker Sent: 9/25/2007 6:40:40 PM

Turbans go way back in history as part of a spiritual practice. The top of your head is the tenth gate or the crown chakra. It is normally covered by hair that acts as antennae to protect the top of the head from sun and exposure, as well as to channel sun and vitamin D energy. Yogis or Sikhs do not cut their hair, they coil or knot it on top of head on their solar center. In men the solar center is on top of the head at the front (anterior fontanel). Women have two solar centers: one is at the center of the crown chakra, the other is on top of the head towards the back (posterior fontanel). For all, coiling or knotting the hair at the solar centers channels one’s radiant energy and helps retain a spiritual focus.

This hair knot is traditionally called the “rishi” knot. In ancient times, a rishi was someone who had the capacity to control the flow of energy and prana in the body. A “maharishi” was someone who could regulate the flow of energy in the body, meditatively and at will. The rishi knot assists in the channeling of energy in meditation (Naam Simran). If one cuts off the hair, there can be no rishi knot. By giving us the rishi knot and the turban the Guru gave us the blessing to have the capacity of a rishi.

The 10th Sikh Master, Guru Gobind Singh, taught his Sikhs to take the next step: Put a turban on the head covering the coiled, uncut hair. The pressure of the multiple wraps keeps the 26 bones of the skull in place. There are pressure points on the forehead that keep you calm and relaxed. Turbans cover the temples, which protects you from mental or psychic negativity of other people. The pressure of the turban also changes the pattern of blood flow to the brain. (These are all reasons that women should also wear turbans.) When you tie up your hair and wrap the turban around it, all the parts of your skull are pulled together and supported. You feel clarity and readiness for the day and for what may come to you from the Unknown.
God is the Unknown. He is mastery as well as mystery. Living with an awareness of your God within you and the God outside of you (God in all) is an attitude. Covering your head is an action with the attitude that there is something greater than you know. Your willingness to stand under that greatness of God is expressed by taking the highest, most visible part of you and declaring it as a place that belongs to the Creator. Covering your head is also a declaration of humility, of your surrender to God.

For many, hair is also sexually attractive. By covering our hair we can keep from stimulating the lower nature of others who are not our spouses. It is up to each of us to maintain our purity and integrity.

Wrapping a turban everyday is our declaration that this head, this mind is dedicated to our Creator. The turban becomes a flag of our consciousness as well as our crown of spiritual royalty. Wearing a turban over uncut hair is a technology of consciousness that can give you the experience of God. This experience is for all Khalsa, men and women both.

Messenger: Erik Parker Sent: 9/26/2007 6:22:04 AM

Known as the Priestly Order of Rastafari, the Ethiopia Africa Black International Congress, Church of True Divine Salvation for Bobo Rasta, or Bobo Shanti, was founded in the mid-twentieth century by Charles Edwards, known as King Emmanuel, and considered by many to be the Black Christ-in-flesh. Most of its members, called "Bobos" or "Bobo dreads", live in Bull Bay, in a small utopian community called Bobo Hill in 10 Miles Bull Bay. Bobos greet each other using the formal address "My Lord" and are most notable for their wearing of turbans and long flowing robes as well as brooms they carry with them, which signify cleanliness. The brooms and other crafts are also sold in Kingston as a way to provide funds for the community. The Bobos have established a strong relationship with the local community outside of Bobo Hill and often invite people to their services. Membership of the Ethiopia Africa Black International Congress is increasingly growing globally, as their members are seen in Africa, Europe, and throughout the caribbean.

King Emmanuel is called "Dada" by his followers, who see him as part of a holy Trinity, together with Marcus Garvey and Haile Selassie of Ethiopia, in which Selassie is seen as King/God (Jah), Garvey as prophet, and Emmanuel as high priest after the priesthood order of Melchizedec. Almost all sacred songs and tributes to their ancient trinity of prophet, priest, and king ends with the phrase "Holy Emmanuel I Selassie I Jah Rastafari."

Bobos say that "Africa" is the name that the European colonizers gave to Ethiopia, or "Jerusalem". Many see black supremacy ideas as essential to the faith, and in the Bobo (and Rastafarian) conception, the true Ethiopian Israelites are black men and women, who are Royal Ethiopians from creation birth, scattered during the African diaspora.

Not only do Bobos believe in black supremacy, meaning black is original and therefore supreme, they also consider black women as mothers of creation. Women cover their legs, arms, and head in practice of the Queen Omega principles. Nearly all the men within the community are seen as prophets or priests, whose functions are to “reason” and conduct churchical and parliamentary services, respectively. However, some consider Bobos deeply racist against white people, as well as misogynistic
bobo dreads are more organized than the other groups.

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 9/27/2007 8:28:08 AM

You see what that was...? "However..."

Itinuing the scripture Ras KebreAB initiated... Give thanks My Lord for the revelation... so let InI BLAZE it...

13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

24 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.

26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,

30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.

31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.

32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.

33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

(Matthew 23)

Rrrrrighteous Wordsound.

The Generations annouce; The pen is mightier than the sword... and the tongue is mightier than them both.

Selah... Holy I Selassie I JAH RasTafari.

There is a disclaimer to be made here... many of the I are playing with fire on here and taking it for joke. But there is a natural mystic in the hearts of the Ethiopian Israelites scattered abroad... and InI know Iselves. An iritical people, in this world but not of it. This mystical energy that surrounds InI is the same inspiration for the wordsound above... this word is preserved in the ages that InI may overstand ourselves in this appointed Iwah. So when the I say RasTa, ask yourselves if it is true. If it is not then live your life upful and train yourselves in the best way possible. But do NOT, repeat do NOT blaspheme (nor go near the possibility of blaspheming) the names and titles of the prophets. If you wanna mess with some poppy show hippy rasta, then do so for your mutual amusements... but remain sincerely warned about the strange and mystical repercussions of disturbing the peace of any of those who guard His Majesty's throne.

This is not hocus pocus, or some "movement" to become engaged with. This is the reality of many of your iritical distortions and deformaties. All the I them know of how you chew your own tongues on a daily basis, consumed with follies, rancid with self doubt, barren and abandoned. This is the gnashing of teeth and wailing for salvation LATE... when His Majesty asked for InI to come early.

Messenger: JoRas Sent: 5/7/2008 4:00:40 PM

I am from Zambia but my family emigrate to Moldova and this Republic is full of white people and it's hard to mentain Dreadloks please help me to tie a turban,becouse I don't want to lose my dreads again (in this republic are't Bobo Shanti priests) excuse my english a just learning please help

JoRas I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 25

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I