Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2145&start_row=1

Turban

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 25
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Dominic Sent: 9/2/2007 1:47:44 PM

How do I tie I crown in a headwrap ontop I head?

Its been real hot I dont want I dreadlocks in I face.

Thanks yall.

Bless up!

Messenger: Ten Sent: 9/2/2007 2:03:14 PM

Aya its easier demonstrated than explained - perhaps y'can ask the brothers n sisters in Lawrence.

Messenger: Dominic Sent: 9/2/2007 2:53:57 PM

please try to explain, I know ur a smart woman.

Messenger: Dominic Sent: 9/3/2007 3:05:44 PM

Instead of arguina about homos, can someone help their idren here!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/4/2007 12:07:32 AM

An Idren wouldn't say to I
-----------------------
Instead of arguina about homos, can someone help their idren here!
-----------------------

And Idren of mine wouldn't even bring that topic into this topic.

Learn to be an Idren before you ask to wear the turban.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Dominic Sent: 9/4/2007 1:28:39 AM

?

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 9/4/2007 5:24:55 AM

Respect and Humility First

Apologies for breaking my silence, i havent forgotten your request. wont happen again

Blessed Love

Messenger: Ten Sent: 9/4/2007 7:05:40 AM

Irie
I noticed you asked of how to trod as a BoboShanti Ingel - if this is the Order you want to follow then first you must rise in that House and its the Priest who shall bless the wrapping of your turban. But I have you not asked this question before saying your locks were short but man wanted to wrap his locks and I suggested wearing two wraps rather than one? Can't remember if it was you, but its on here somewhere.
Bless

Messenger: Dominic Sent: 9/4/2007 3:08:10 PM

I not want to be a bobo shanti!

I cant overstand the livity so Im askin questions about it. I wanna know if what I read is true, instead of just believing it. If I joined a house It would be 12tribes or binghi anyway, I have No interest in bein a bobo dread.

As far as the headwrap if yall dont wanna tell I then dont, since I guess only bobo shanti is allowed to wear something to help in the sun.

Oh and arkI I dont know why your offended...

Messenger: Ten Sent: 9/4/2007 3:32:58 PM

Ok ok let me see ; 0 It depends on the length of your wrap and your locks. It might be easier to start with a small cloth first, if you don't have one fold it LENGTHWAYS or as a TRIANGLE. Wrap your locks on your head like a coil. Then take the start of the cloth, wrap it on your head from the the back, keep one hand there and use the other to bring it round. Repeat again making sure it stays tight. If long cloth do it three times, o'wise twice is right. The tricky part is tying the cloth, make sure you leave enough to tie. Scrunch up the cloth and wrap on top around where your locks sit then wrap n wrap, then stuff in li'l bit left. Its trial and error but first days are tricky you'll get the hang of it. Just don't go skanking or trodding in the mountains or so vigourous stuff cos the wrap can fall in the first days. Hope that helps. peace ; )

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 25

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I