Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2135&start_row=1

Who is a black person

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras power Sent: 8/30/2007 10:47:27 PM

One who holds to the black consciceness. Lucky dubby said not every black man is his brother not every white man is his enemy. And we all know that there are as much wicked black man as there is white. Ini refer to the term black as spiritual.

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 8/31/2007 11:30:07 AM

Bless...

You refer to the term black as spiritual. Ises... but, I wanna know how comes everyone is not jumping down your throat?

Messenger: Forward Live Up Sent: 8/31/2007 11:40:35 AM

Only Haile Sellassie I has the authority to say who.

People come out of your colonizers CONmutiny.

Sellassie I come unity

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/31/2007 11:41:44 AM

yaa -- i did not see if you provided the list for i wife but i wonder if you can explain this for i --this is a true story.

a number of years ago 5 girls from africa come into my classroom (they are all black). they want to know if i will be the advisor for the black unity club at school. i said i would be gald to but i heard there was another teacher that might be interested so there would have to be an interview process. they knew about the other teacher. they told me they did not want her, they wanted me. they argued for a few minutes and when i finally asked them why they didn't want her? they said "she is white". i laughed raised up my white hands and said "what am i?" without any hesitation they said i am black.

so can you explain this --these girls knew me far better than you ----why did they say this white guy was black?

peace

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/31/2007 11:44:10 AM

also yaa, you obviously see something in power's post that you think should be attacked?

could you tell one who should be offended and for what part of the post?

thank you

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 8/31/2007 11:57:22 AM

No, I don't see anything to be attacked at all. In fact, I agree... obviously I do. But if I were to say that... I would get all kinds.

I mean, I know I would type for about 30 paragraphs more... lol... but generally I agree that there are many black and white wicked people. You want me to say that all white people are devils or some stupidness... so you can rant on and on and on and on... and use me; the token crazed black nationalist, to make you; the token white liberal tolerator married to a black woman, look like the model of progression and forward thinking.

But I'm not interested... I will not stop saying death to black & white downpressors. You have wicked white people, you have well intentioned but ignorant & wicked by proxy white people, you have enlightened white people (I will admit that I agree with Prince Hotep, they are rare and are often Boboshanty - Selassie I KNOW!)... you have wicked black people, you have well intentionned but ignorant and wicked black people... enlightened ones... blah blah. Also wickedness does not mean somebody cannot be quite pleasant in meeting... wickedness is a lifestyle, just as righteousness is livity.

Why am I bothering? I dunno. You have this quite irritating quality that makes it so irresistable to go on arguing with you. I'm sure you already know that though... and use it.

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/31/2007 1:46:15 PM

if you don't think he should have been attacked why did you write.......

"but, I wanna know how comes everyone is not jumping down your throat?"

anyhow ........... could you explain the black african girls who knew me very well calling me , a white guy, black?

respect

Messenger: Ten Sent: 8/31/2007 1:55:39 PM

Oh Jah can this stop please - focus on the post and don't let this become another cyber brawl enough damage has been done.

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/31/2007 2:39:54 PM

with all respect ten, i would say my story about those black african girls seeing me as black is interesting. if one buys into stereotypes it still doesn't make sense as i do not fit into any of them ---black or white

peace

Messenger: Ten Sent: 8/31/2007 3:19:34 PM

ok speak on it aya

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I