Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2117&start_row=1

Natural teeth

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Alexander Sent: 8/28/2007 3:11:38 PM

Greetings!

I was just wondering if anyone on the forum has any tips for me on how to keep my teeth healthy and clean in a natural way. I don't want to poison Jah body with any of those cancerous Babylon toothpastes. Some guidance would be very appreciated.

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/28/2007 3:15:21 PM

my wife grew up using a stick quite often, however she did not have access to the sugary foods that are available today.

and my wife's teeth are much better off than mine

Messenger: Alexander Sent: 8/28/2007 3:22:19 PM

Do you know what type of stick she used? It would be interesting to know.

And yeah, avoiding unnatural sugar is the first obvious step towards getting naturally healthy teeth.

Messenger: Ten Sent: 8/28/2007 3:26:49 PM

Blessings
I know a herb called White Ash that's really good - not sure if you can get it in this part of the world. You can also use herbodent -an ayurvedic toothpaste that uses herb extract.

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 8/28/2007 3:30:23 PM

Depending on just how natural you need to be, you can go into any natural food/health food store and find alternative toothpastes of various natural degrees. You can also use baking soda and either sea salt or peroxide. Chew sticks are great, but I don't know if you can really replace cleanning your teeth with a chew stick, I haven't tried. Clean water, is a great mouth germ killer, just rinsing the mouth out and spitting does wonders.

Messenger: Alexander Sent: 8/28/2007 4:10:14 PM

Thanks for all the answers! I'm probably going to try to find some kind of chewing stick and also some clean springwater.

But please post if you have any more tips.

Messenger: Alexander Sent: 8/28/2007 4:17:25 PM

By the way, while we're on the topic of water: how do you guys feel about tap water? Do you use it for anything or do you just avoid it completely?

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 8/28/2007 4:52:55 PM

NO TAP WATER! Tap water is not clean, if you must use it boil it first. It's one thing to bathe, or rinse and spit, but don't drink it.

Messenger: Alexander Sent: 8/28/2007 5:24:18 PM

I basically only use tap water for cooking and bathing. You think that's OK then?

Thanks for the guidance, Empress.

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 8/28/2007 5:34:32 PM

As long as any tap water you take inside your body reaches boiling first, you should be alright. But I would invest in a filter for you kitchen tap for cooking and drinking purposes.

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I