Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2109&start_row=51

Selassie and the poor

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 70
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Dominic Sent: 8/28/2007 3:57:16 PM

Yes I, Ras Keabre! I dont wanna offend by spelling somethin wrong.haha no offense meant at all.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/28/2007 11:40:57 PM

What do you know about Selassie I Lions to say they aren't important enough to be fed?

Selassie I rose Ethiopia and things were much better than before he ruled them. And after Selassie I let them rule themselves, things went downward again and they were in a worse situation then they were when Selassie I guided them towards prosperity.

As Selassie I said:

Yes, we too are aware that giving alms serves no useful purpose. For there is only one means to solve the poverty problem. work.

Selassie I made work so that Ethiopia would have a sustainable prosperity, giving alms is just temporary and is quickly used up and nothing gets better.

Selassie I said:

For those of you who possess the land and labour, but lack capital, We have made credit available at low interest. For those of you who have the necessary capital but do not possess land to work on, We have, in accordance with Our Proclamation which entitled every Ethiopian to ownership of land, established offices in every province through which you may be able to acquire land. Those who have neither land nor money will be granted land and a financial loan at low interest. For those of you who possess land, who have financial resources and manpower, We have made experts available to furnish you with the necessary guidance and advice in your various undertakings."

This is just one small thing that Selassie I did among the many other things He did to give people a better life. Everyone was given the choice of prosperity.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/28/2007 11:46:46 PM

Here are some words from Yaa Asantewa that I would like to comment on:

She said:
---------------
it's not possible for me to give birth to a homosexual anything. that is in you lots livity. you lot chant it and you love it... so that's why you're cursed with it. Narsty.
---------------

Yes I Empress, I and I teach our children about Life because I and I are Life. And Life will never be death.

Here is another quote from Her:
---------------
This is what I'm saying, these dudes chat about rasta, but they mean hippies with dreads.
---------------

I have said basically these same words many times, people don't Iverstand what RasTafarI is about. RasTafarI are not hippies, I and I are Fire people.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Forward Live Up Sent: 8/29/2007 3:17:54 AM

Such to come meeting and verbal intercoursing with those of other lands. To defend the nation, seen. Verbal intercouse is not a game as one plays monopoly, unh.
For unity to enrich the people, strength is needed. So strong, solid as in a sport team player, seen. What are you wearing?
As in the court members, be on the ball, yeh. Suit up properly, to fit for the task at hand. With the members eyein for the goal, the man a racin for the banshee biten for sphere, so the man ah see his brother member outta the glimpse, smooth sharp pass for the goal.

Messenger: Ten Sent: 8/29/2007 5:05:16 AM

Greetings
Ark I, I've heard Sellasie I's lions had a mystic power, but Ites say it in passing would you or anyone else know about this?
Ises

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 8/29/2007 9:59:22 AM

You know what Ark I,
I find it trully amazing that you CONTINUE to support the people who spit venom and hatred. And STILL refuse to explain yourself for taking their side, or failing that, denounce the behavior that they exhibit.
Obviously you read all the posts, or at least most. I am SUPER dissapointed in you. And to be perfectly honest, I am losing respect for you as the days pass by. I've never known you to be a closed eye person, I have always maintained that you listen to reason and seek to better yourself.
To be perfectly clear, let me also state that this has nothing to do with your actuall opinions as I know how stubborn you are on certain issues. I really don't care what you believe, you know that, I care that you encourage what shouldn't be encouraged, simply because of what you believe.
When that bites you in the ass, remember how long I've been trying to open your eyes and show you the light.
I'm not trying to call you out bredren, I'm letting you know how I feel. I believe we have enough history for you to know it's all love still. Your breaking my heart though.

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/29/2007 10:53:37 AM

i guess you missed ark's post where he said name calling was ok.

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 8/29/2007 10:55:30 AM

You don't know Ark I well enough to disrespect him that way. This is his forum. We've been corresponding for years.

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/29/2007 2:33:37 PM

excuse me empress n. ----- i did not need to know him as long as you have, to know that who he is revealing now is who he was all along.

i knew him pretty quickly when i came to this site --you are just figuring him out.

so don't try to tell me when i can or cannot call someone on their words. and this is not just his forum ---he opened it up to and for the public ----if he doesn't like the fact that he has revealed himself as a hypocrit then he can close it.

i don't try to tell you how to reason -- don't try and tell i.

no one person is the keeper of the site

still love

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 8/29/2007 4:35:59 PM

So now your no better than Ras KebreAB, whom you claim to be so awful. I seem to recall that your post was directed at me, and was not purposefull. It's funny how you claim to be so much higher up and yet exhibit the same characteristics you denounce. When I agree it's all peace and blessings, when I check you it's venom, when I check someone you disagree with you hop right on board. It's funny. Don't you think so Ras KebreAB?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 70

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I