Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2109&start_row=11

Selassie and the poor

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 70
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/28/2007 2:11:44 AM

Here are the words of His Majesty Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I

The Lion of Judah has prevailed
Haile Selassie I, Elect of God
King of Kings of Ethiopia

Every labourer is a father, his labour is his child. Choose your project carefully and achieve it worthily.

Once a person has decided upon his life work and is assured that in doing the work for which he is best endowed and equipped, he is filling a vital need, what he then needs, is faith and integrity, compiled with courageous spirit so that no longer preferring himself to the fulfilment of his task, he may address himself to the problems he must solve in order to be effective.

Rich and poor have always existed and always will.

Why? Because there are those that work and those that don't, those that wish to earn their living and those that prefer to do nothing.

Those that work, that want to work, are not poor. For it is true that Our Lord the Creator sends us into the world as equals, but it is also true that when one is born one is neither rich nor poor. One is naked.

It is later on that one becomes rich or poor, according to one's desserts.

Yes, we too are aware that giving alms serves no useful purpose. For there is only one means to solve the poverty problem. work.

We have said that whoever doesn't work because he doesn't want to is poor. We have said that wealth has to be gained through hard work. We have said those who don't work starve. And now We add that the capacity to earn depends on the individual: Each individual is responsible for his misfortunes, his fate. It is wrong to expect help to fall from above, as a gift: Wealth has to be deserved. Work is one of the commandments of Our Lord the Creator!

If each and everyone endeavours to cooperate and work in as much as his capacity permits, our faith rests upon the Almighty God that he would bless the results for us.

It is not sufficient simply to see and admire the natural beauty and fertility of Ethiopia.

It is our obligation to work upon and benefit from this country whose fertile soil has been granted us by the Almighty God. We have to gain honour and pride for the country.

Whatever the task may be, man may begin it but he cannot complete it, unless God sustains and supports him. If he fails to accomplish the task on which he has set out, having worked to the best of his ability, he is not to be maligned by being called lazy.

Work

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/28/2007 5:14:51 AM

Selah

Give thanks to the Mighty One of Ages, the Wonderful Councellor

HolY I Selassie I JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/28/2007 5:52:58 AM

ark

didn't selassie inherit his position? which means he himself was greatly assisted in acquiring his wealth.

there are many people (i'm sure in every country) who have their wealth or job because it was passed down through family lines -- so in reality they did not work for it.

i actually just spoke with a women yesterday who i work with. she lived in ethiopia for 2 and a half years and met selassie. as i asked her questions of her experience, one of the things she said early in our talk was how she did get a feel that he was connected to the common people. she was in the palace on a couple of ocassions, and saw the lions, which she said were beautiful, but didn't understand how they were being fed while people right outside were starving.

just because there has always been rich and poor does not mean there always will be and does not mean one must contribute to the system by acquiring more than they need ---as gandhi said..."there is enough to satisfy every man's needs, but not enough to satisfy their greed".

peace and much thanks for finding the quote

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/28/2007 6:25:51 AMHidden - Foolishness
View Message  Reply

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/28/2007 6:56:30 AM

To all I RASTAFARI Idren, all of you who have sat there and kept quiet while such vampires got bolder and bolder....you deserve to see this

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 8/28/2007 7:55:15 AM

That's what I'm talking about Ras KebreAB...! For real!!

I just can't imagine... the audacity.

Still Looking must be losing the plot now anyway. I find people that "cynical" are usually in a position where their life is going round & round & round, without seeming to make sense anywhere... so they embark on a mission to find some self-jusitification, usually a moral or humanitarian one... cos even though their life is f***ed up, they believe themselves to be a "good person". They find themselves in RasTa chatrooms believing that RasTa will encourage their self-justification because there has been this silly propaganda sabotage of RasTa being some one love stone-heads, with no structure, administration, order or objective.

Only to find that actual RasTa tell them to go and build some principle and stop living in hypocrisy, which they don't like... cos the self-justification mission was launched to reassure themselves that it's not them, it's everyone else.

So, now another of the problems is RasTa.

Can I also point out this man's preoccupation with white perspectives on black issues. You'll find white men who venture into relationships with black women go about the whole time searching for people who will encourage him that it was a good and even commendable idea. This hardly ever happens, from both white & black sides. So, then they go about proving it by trying to be the exemplary pin-up for multi-culturalism and "tolerance"... which is a fallacy. So, they end up chasing the rainbow... and ending up frustrated and resentful.

What you don't get Still Looking... is that you have got that thing plugged in the back of your head (see Matrix)... and you're arguing about the origins of the steak you're eating... we're telling you it's not a steak... and you're telling us it is. There are certain RasTa you will argue with... and it's like arguing with one of the free somebodies in the allegory.

When RasTa says without partiality, that refers to objective truth, without bias, as much as it refers to the wholeness of the trod. No partiality. I can say that matrix living / babylon living is also without partiality in the latter sense. You believe in the fruits of the matrix, but don't believe in the roots of it? No sah. It can't go so.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/28/2007 8:38:20 AM

BLess Sistren Yes iyah , Hold up that mirror for him so he can see himself for what he truly is

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/28/2007 10:34:39 AM

"blind faith in your leaders or in anything can get you killed" bruce springsteen

i love selassie i but not to the point that i accept everything that he said without questioning ------he, like i, was a man who was born a child.

oh i am such an evil person having this open mind ---be careful of us

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/28/2007 11:08:12 AMHidden - Vileness
View Message  Reply

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 8/28/2007 11:49:56 AM

Ok, stop.
This folly must stop.
This petty name calling, taunting, blasphemy, cruelty.
Where are the facts and evidence.
To stick up for someone by bashing someones else is not rightious.
Where is the moral high ground in this mess of an argument?
Like I said, when two argue, both are wrong, no matter who is right.
It is pointless to go around and about the issue.
Who can find me the quote, passage, proof that says any kind of hatred is ok?
Nothing is being done here, nothing is being accomplished, there is no purpose for this ripping apart of each other.
If you believe that hatred of homosexuals is allowed by God, then hate still, deal with God later.
If you believe that minds are ment to be left open, then stay open still, deal with God later.
Just stop this bickering, please.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 70

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I