Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2106&start_row=11

HOW SAFE IS OUR CHILDREN IN BABYLON

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 27
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/23/2007 10:53:17 PM

I think people that rape children should not only be killed, but first tortured and then killed so that they not only lose their life, but are in severe agony for a long time before they die.

Whether wrong or right, that is what I think and say with no apologies.

Some people might want to say that people are acting as bad as them if they do this to that kind of devil, but I don't think it even comes close.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/24/2007 3:21:40 AM

Well brethren, i cant really agree with that, at least not right now

And it has nothing to do with having a fear of becoming just as bad as them if one did such things.

Its just that i dont really see the point.
To I, if one goes into torturing such people and subjecting them to much pain, then one has moved into the realm of revenge, and i have no wish for that, revenge is just an illusion. The children who have been abused and killed will stay that way, nothing will reverse that.
All i want is for those people to be removed from this planet as quickly as possible, before they bring harm to any other child.

There is a reason, why i said "at least not right now" up top. I know how different parents will sight this thing and who knows, i might feel different too when i become a parent.

Do the i them feel that parents should get the say on what judgement is carried out on those who abuse or kill their children.
Or would that be, in a sense, putting emotion over reason??

Blessed Love
RASTAFARI

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 8/24/2007 6:12:06 AM

Ises

We do not live in our own reign, but as RastafarI we do live in HIM Reign and Constitution. So you must know that there is no place for torturing and no place for self-justice of the victims, as HIM abandoned both.

In his Autobiography I remember a passage where he speaks about that. Bevor his times the victims could kill the murderer themselves with a big crowd around. But his majesty introduced a mechanical way of death penalty (through a shooting machine) which was precise and without anyone seing it.

One could come with the argument of Mengistu Neway and his bloodsuckers who were hanged openly after the coup. But one has to know that all were already dead and also Neway was said to have died earlier in prison.

Besides that we remember His Majesty saying that death does wipe away all sins during lifetime. Because we learn the wages of sin is death, so they are already punished when dead.

Selah

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 8/24/2007 6:16:12 AM

Blessed

" "An eye for an eye only makes the whole world blind"
Those are the words of a great spiritual leader. He lived what he spoke. Nothing "false" about his teachings. "

But was Moses I not a great spiritual leader and prophet? And didn't these teachings come directly through the inspiration of JAH himself?

An Eye for an Eye in it's original sense means justice. Therefore it must be used in a just way. There's a difference when George Bush says that. In JAH Kingodm and JAH reign there is no injustice. But through the impefection of Man there are happening too many mistakes. That is why noone but JAH shall judge.

Selah

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 8/24/2007 9:04:26 AM

Blessed Love!!

Wow. My young Princess child is 3 years old... and I can't even bother to think how I would feel. In fact, as a young musician iemple says in one song, they feed our mentality with the pictures of destruction in the news and it is the power of our mental projection that serve to continue and spread the dis-ease... so I hold tight to my rems and say "I wish to be around the King of Ithiopia" and feel the strength, security and justice of HIM world.

Relating to the justice issue, I sight to let the Iemples reason over that. We have a lovely Icumentary called, Lion of Judah. It is an incient documentary of His Majesty's reign after Mussolini & his gang did back up. It's lovely. Anyway at a point in the icumentary where they were exploring the feudal justice system of his Majesty's empire in it's rural far reaches. Obviously at this point in the mid twentieth century, instant widespread telecommunication was unthinkable. So His Majesty's governor's of the region, and judicial representative from HIM administration would travel out to the people, who would store up any cases and grievances they had. Small disputes would be settled between the men of the village, or community. But cases for punishment or relating to land disputes would wait for the delegation. The men of the community would present all sides of the case and debate them between each other. Then an elder would speak to the delegation seperately and present the balance of the case as per the community discussion. He would then suggest the punishment which the people wanted for the criminal. The delegation would reflect on the administrative laws of Addis and let the elder know whether or not the judgement was within reason of the supreme laws of Ethiopia.

According to the icumentary due to the community having such a strong say in the punishment of it's own criminals, the delegations found themselves mainly presiding over land disputes and not criminal cases. The impression was that there were few criminal cases against persons, fear of the community penal law was enough to keep everyone in check and living up.

It is a sad sad day in Babylon. The dis-ease is setting in at home for them, iyah. Their own streets are bursting with the worst kinds of iniquity, obscene perversions, abominations and sacrileges. Yesterday, an 11 year old youth was shot in the head in the North of England. The same day a 5 year old girl shot her 3 year old sister in the head with a pellet gun. The youth dropped flesh on the spot. Just last few weeks a 16 year old student girl was stabbed straight in the heart with a kitchen knife cos she was in argument with a next set of girl youths. And this next 3 year old girl "disappeared" from her hotel room while on vacation. Her parents had gone a few doors away to a restaurant while they left their 3 children there sleeping. They came back and she had gone. So they say anyway...

I wish to keep my youth safe by letting her know early of divine human nature and her link to the Most High. I wish for her to know that her locs are her "antennai", or her roots (like the fig tree) to the ilaments that shall keep and protect her, should she seek itection from them. I wish for her to know herself from young that she will have the knowledge that the wicked shall be cut off and so they are weak unlike she, Daughter Zion.

These are the things I pray for my girl youth... cos for real this is a strange and awful world right about now.

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 8/24/2007 9:05:03 AM

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 8/24/2007 9:45:35 AM

Ises

Yes, I just read of that youth shot in front of a pub. is a strange thing... and they don't know any details yet...

Yes there is a big media coverage on that english girl disappearing in spain. My brother who is a great teacher about media-manipulation got uncountable of those round-emails in support of this little girl. He returned all of them an email saying something like... an english girl disappears and the whole world is shocked to death, every few seconds an african child dies of hunger and nobody cares.

Don't take the media for a joke.

Selah

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 8/24/2007 11:29:42 AM

"That is why none but JAH shall judge."

Then let us let JAH be the judge brother. For he will wipe away all transgretions.

I know the laws of Moses, and I am not disregarding those, but remember also what Yeshua said:
"Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also."

I am not saying that one should hold the laws of Yeshua over the laws of Moses. But there is a time and place for everything and one should take matters like this under careful consideration.
And Ras Kebre AB is right, emotion should be as far removed from the decision making process as possible. We have to realize the emotions that would guide us under this situation would be anger and fear. JAH children fear no-one but InI creator.

And as Kaimani420 pointed out:
"His Majesty must soon return. InI wonder how dem look upon life er day JAH allow our youth to wake to such destruction...."

Bless

Messenger: Ten Sent: 8/24/2007 4:00:04 PM

Ises
How can ones chant respect for life and love for all yet in the same breath would take the life of another in the name of justice? There is nothing humane about the death penalty, it might have been the practice in the Father's time in Ethiopia but it doesn't make it right. Might fire shall come upon I, but just because it was the order of things at that time, I feel we as a people have progressed in our thinking to know that each person has the right to life - taking away the life of a murderer or rapist doesn't seek justice at all. And what abt those who are killed without having being given a fair trial or political prisoners like Ken Saro Wiwa who fought against the opression of the Ogoni people and was executed by the Nigerian government. Some ways of killing are also very brutal like stoning, shooting or hanging where it takes the person a minimum of fifteen minutes to die, imagine being in so much pain. Its easy to advocate blood for justice but when you really look at it, its evil too.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/24/2007 5:44:50 PM

Blessed ises

not trying to fight you sistren, i am just using your post to say how i see things
let me see,

Yes, love and life for all, do doubt. At the same time one cannot claim to be a Nyahbinghi Rastafari and not chant death to black and white downpressors, and i would certainly put child abusers and murderers under the heading of "downpressors"

"it might have been the practice in the Father's time in Ethiopia but it doesn't make it right."
that one is a little shaky , it is fine to say "in the Fatherīs time" , i can accept that, but if the i is talking about something that the Father Himself actually enforced, then you are on dangerous ground and it would be a great error to say that we "have progressed in our thinking"

It is unfair to bring Ken Saro Wiwa into this. Remember what the title of this whole topic is.

It is important i think to remember that the things that have been mentioned here would be impossible in the kind of society mankind lives in today. These things will only work when people live in communities again, and i mean community in the full sense of the word, the i dem overs, the kind of community where there wouldnt even be any need for police presence. A community where "a village raises a child" is a true and factual reality, instad of some kind of poster slogan for hillary clinton

As for i, i am not looking for justice, neither revenge, neither torture, i just feel that some people have shown, by their own deeds that they dont deserve to take another breath of Jah air
Ones might say, who are you to say who deserves to breath and who doesnt, and you would be right, i am no one
All i know is, i am not a parent, but if any man would dare to do such things to i nephews and neices, if i had a chance to, i would do what i could to end their lives and wouldnt feel no way about it.
And all children are i daughters and sons and nephews and neices so.........

Ini cant always blaze words of fire, ini also need to heed words of restraint so give thanks still Empress Ten

Rastafari

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 27

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I