Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2095&start_row=11

The melanin argument.

1 - 1011 - 20
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/22/2007 12:12:17 PM

Excuse but, Why two headed? i dont get it...and why are three choices mentioned by race and one by sex
just curious

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/22/2007 2:36:22 PM

explaining the two-headed part will be a little hint, but that's ok.---- gustave le bon did a study and compared one of these four groups to a two-headed gorilla.

"there is no doubt intelligent _______________, more intelligent than _______________________, but they are as rare as any monstrosity, such as a two headed gorilla, so therefore we may neglect them entirely"

no more hints ----i'll give the answer later and explainhow he came to this scientific conclusion

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/22/2007 3:22:10 PM

Ye give thanks. The "we may neglect them entirely" statement brought it all back

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/22/2007 9:14:29 PM

the answer is...........

b) an intelligent women

lebon --building off of morton's study of skull sizes to prove racial intelligence/superiority looked at the sizes of women's skulls to male skulls ---low and behold he finds that womens skulls are smaller than mens --which then means smaller brains ---which then means they are not as smart -----and for those smart women they are basically just a freak of nature(like a two headed gorilla) and can be ignored.

this was the "science" of the day and taught as fact. my mother who was in school in the forties remembers hearing this type of stuff in school ---- now when one thinks of the policies in place that were restrictive and oppressive to women and non-whites it makes sense in the context of what they were being told as "truths"

and this stuff can still happen today.

i tell my students that "i could lie to you the whole year and for the most part, most of you would study the material, memorize it, spit it back on a test, and then think you know something....very few of you, if any, would ever question what your teacher is telling you."

peace

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 8/23/2007 7:31:09 AM

Give Thanks Yaa, for the response...

Still wondering if the I came to this through an NOI influence? But it's still so theoretical, and while truth found in a stereotype is real to a degree I can't see how it can be a basis for the argument. Also, does the I prescribe to the "out of Africa" theory?
SELAM

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 8/24/2007 9:23:53 AM

What is the "out of africa" theory?

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 8/26/2007 9:36:28 AM

Greetings again Yaa...

Out of Africa theory is the notion that all human beings came from one common ancestor (in Africa of course). I think it determines a lot about our acceptance of one human family or the divisions we choose to lay down in acceptance of different races popping up in different locales over and around the globe. Of course in the one universal spectrum it is one source, and we all represent different poles, then all becomes a matter of perspective. However, for a long time now I've held dearly to His Majesty's assertion (in His "Meet the Press" interview) in which He clearly states that "All Human Beings Are Precisely the Same," leading me to the conclusion that our ultimate enlightenment, or salvation (whatever ones choose to call it), lies fully in the individuals hard work to reach their respective goal. If we now begin to accept that one race holds higher spiritual potential than another it will skew the human image in a major way, leaving the door to hopelessness wide open for many who may have strived. I don't know of anyone who has opened their 7th chakra pineal gland and then asserted that it was because they were of a certain racial background, and the thought of that, frankly, seems laughable, but if the I can provide such an example please bring it forward. For my part, I can see the stereotype that the I provided as being true in the sense that the caucasion massive has accepted the pill of religious and political brain washing a little more easily than much of the world, but not even by much, for as we've seen, as soon as the caucasion accepted the falsity and then took it to everyone else they could find, ones accepted it too whether by force or some other manipulation, but ulitmately there is that spark of negative that provokes the downfall of humanity and lives to keep I and I in our lower selves, while in my own humble opinion, we all (the whole of human creation) have the potential to reach the same destination, some may just have to work harder to get there.

SELAM

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 8/26/2007 5:46:25 PM

hmm... well i see what aspect of the argument the I is plugging.

so people were fooled into religion, and went around fooling others with it. no-one did the fooling. all now, no-one is yet to have done the fooling. we were all just fooled. the only thing is... if there are 100 people in the world, there are 10 of you that may buy that but the remaining 90 are in no doubt about the answer.

it's quite a new dawn when these are the new rhetorics relating to the essential understanding of the relationship dynamics between races & nations. It's funny how of late white people are using His Majesty's speech on race relations to encourage better tolerance from black people towards white... and yet white people are still yet to challenge the basis of the power relationship and the physical and real repercussions. It would be all good for us to decide here on this site that one love is the absolute solution and all the white people present would feel vindicated. But out in the real world, in Sierra Leone, in Johannesburg, in Haiti, in Brazil, in Jamaica, in London, in Georgia... the reality is that there is an all-encompassing effect that the power relationship has on the reality of people's lives. It might have become increasingly embarassing for white people to come to terms with the foundations of their privelege. But that's just the simple truth of the matter. Stop expecting us to be suddenly alright with it, when it's not even in our power to fix. We can fix ourselves and our situation but it's for you to fix any "racial divide".

Relating to the notion of spiritual potential. It is not a coincidence that the most downpressed people on the face of the planet are also those with the most spiritual potential as examples of humanity. While black people are being stifled, this is the reason that so much f**kry can go on in the world. It's something to do with Japanese reasonings on transferrable iritical value of water.

No offence SunofMan, this just is what it is.

Messenger: Land of the bow Sent: 8/26/2007 5:48:54 PM

The Melanin topic is a very controversial subject. It is an specialized area of science that is still in its infancy compared to the knowledge contained in Upper and Lower Abyssinia. Contemporary scientists held certain theories about the "3rd eye" and its functionality, but dare not disclose their findings. Also, the so called anthropologists and archaeologists are keen on the ancient practices, but also continue to perpetuate misinformation or no information associated with their discoveries.

However, the knowledge of the power of the endocrine system was a known fact by the ancients who practiced metaphysics. The pineal gland, melatonin and melanin are just surficial, though important, components of the ancient knowledge. It is a commonly known fact the NGU & NGA (Nigga???) of Alkebulan were masters of the serpent power and equally mastered its harnessed power in the 3rd eye. These aspects are minute size ideas in relationship to the grander scheme of light code transmissions, melanin & metaphysics.

The fact that Europeans or Caucasians have melanin is no surprise; the key is solar communication. Can Europeans or Caucasians receive the kiss of Ra? I mean its fine to think RasTafari is one Luv, let's hold hands and rebuild the continent or whatever your agenda may be. But can you slide? Can you? Do you have the factory components for dimensional sliding? This is not a spiritually related question, but a soul/solar related question.

Real talk!

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 8/26/2007 9:08:52 PM

Give Thanks for the rasponses,

Unfortunately Yaa, the I has completely missed my point. What I'm trying to get at has absolutely nothing to do with white privilege, not that you're not making a valid observation, but I just wasn't talking about that. Your right to feel whatever you want makes sense to me, and I'm not trying to fight it, so try not to get it twisted so fast. His Majesty's speech was in context of human beings being superior to one another, it had nothing to do with money or political power, but rather the brain washing we endure. By no means am I trying to diminish the cause and effects of white privilege or even suggest that the I or any person is even capable of vindicating the caucasion massive, please don't suggest that I'm so naive to think that a big hug will make things better. One Love as an ideal is nice, but if you think I'm spouting another ism, you would be wrong again. Truths and rights are what I'm looking for and I'll take the truth first. So as the I has stated, you've come to your conclusions based on what you just feel. Okay... that makes sense, I wish you'd just said that from the beginning, because for a second it seemed like there was something tangible, keep in mind that I'm trying to overstand I Self through this reasoning.

So at this point I must thank Land of the Bow for taking this exactly where I'd been trying to. Can the caucasion receive the kiss of RA? If it's as simple as Yaa put it, then I can just go with what I feel, however, it seems quite apparent that there are some pretty heavy societal factors that cloud even our inner most feelings, so finding the truth behind this concept is important to me. If there is no tangible evidence for this concept to stand on, other than one person's word over another, then why do we bother. Is a drop of water the whole ocean? or not? and how do we concur that melanin is of spiritual value?
SELAM

1 - 1011 - 20

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I