Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2093&start_row=1

baldheads that listen to roots, cutlure watever u call it

1 - 1011 - 15
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: prophecy Sent: 8/20/2007 5:16:17 PM

Blessed Love, I just wanted to share something amusing, but I'm sure nothing new to the I's.
Awhile ago I heard him listening to some rootz in his car, I laff as I hear Kari Kil's "..show me a picture of selassie I..." pardon I don't know the rest of the words. The song talk bout babylonians fighting rastafari. I just laff cause here I man fighting I but he blasting music bout Rastafari. I am ending a relationship of 10 years with him, cause he fight I stance as a Rastafari empress, he fight rastafari. First night I was in the car with him(had to take I daughter to airport) and he have a next cd with everything singing bout Jah. I laff again and tell him he listening to this but he fight Rastafari. He did not respond, but turned the music louder and told I he not in the mood...lol..

Messenger: Dominic Sent: 8/20/2007 5:30:07 PM

splitting up after 10 years....

Messenger: Selahssie i son Sent: 8/20/2007 10:47:07 PM

Well Prophecy,U could see who u called baldhead hate rasta music.if they hate Rastafari they might hate rasta music too.He gone got to face Rastafari everyday no care wa he going on with.Some a them only listen to the riddim not the message of the song that goes with the riddim.The man who is bald in the brain needs to accept Haile Selahssie

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 8/20/2007 10:53:36 PM

yes I, I guess he just likes the beat and sound but if he heard the lyrics he would turn it off cause they are speaking bout ppl. like him.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/21/2007 5:13:07 AM

"Well if they hate I so much
How much can they Love
the One that made I as such?
Not very much "

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/21/2007 8:05:04 AM

respect prophecy,

i know you feel as if he is fighting rasta, but is it possible that he is fighting the change that he sees in you. we all grow and change and i think you would admit that you are quite different in some areas from the person you were when he met you ten years ago. now life is always changing and we change as well. the changes that you have gone through may not be a road he wishes to travel. it doesn't mean either one of you is right or wrong --- it is just that we change --sometimes people change together and sometimes we don't. i hope that you can remember that there were probably a lot of great experiences that the two of you shared, but you have chosen a raod that he does not feel comfortable with (for whatever reason). try not to make him out to be the bad guy. how does that song go? something like ---"there is just you and me and we just disagree" something like that.

you mention how he listens to rasta music. just because he listens to rasta music doesn't mean that he must like or accept all aspects of rasta ---- anyhow, i hope all works out the way you wish

peace

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 8/21/2007 11:33:10 AM

I didn't mean to get into I personal relationship, I was trying to focus on the music part. Why would u think I am making him to be a bad guy? Ur right in many aspects, and I am not saying he is a bad person, but he def. fights Rastafari. I get the point ur trying to make though, but I just wanted to clarify.
I was rastafari when he met I, but of course I was less mature then now in I trodding. No, he def. fights Rastafari, but so it go. I never force I way of life, but I expect the same. If u love someone u will look beyond the flesh and embrace the true beauty within. He says he would cut I locks while I was sleeping, which I think he started then felt guilty. N e wayz, his itinual verbal abuse clearly expressed his love for Rastafari. I know what he says bout Rastafari, so if it is just anger, but what he says is not nice at all. Well, I can go on, but its not necessary. What is done is done, but give thanx for ur I-sponse.

Messenger: Dominic Sent: 8/21/2007 12:13:57 PM

what can a man SAY that causes his LOVE to leave him after 10 years?

Actions speak louder than words. Turn the other cheek principle...

Messenger: Ten Sent: 8/21/2007 12:20:02 PM

Greetings
Sister who feel it knows it - we can only comment from the sidelines, but you truly know what attracted you to him and what led you to leave this man and why things in your relationship didn't work out. With/Without this Kingman, as long as you put love first, that's your freedom.

Messenger: Ras Bredren Nicholas Sent: 8/21/2007 2:11:38 PM

Irie....

RasTafarI Guide and Itect

1 - 1011 - 15

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I