Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2093&start_row=11

baldheads that listen to roots, cutlure watever u call it

1 - 1011 - 15
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: prophecy Sent: 8/21/2007 3:41:17 PM

blessed, give thanx, I didn't mean to create a reasonment on this, next time I will be more cautious with I words..:), but give thanx. Dominic, if I turn I cheek, then I turn I cheek on Jah. I cannot serve two masters, but give thanx for ur word sound. I know what ur point is, but when u fight rastafari I can't just stand there. Of course there are 2 sides of the story, and he is a good person, but he just doesn't like I way of life. The relationship ended a long time ago, but it def. ended when he told I that I had chose him or Jah and I chose Jah. He told I that if I do not dress sexy it is over, so I guess its over. I been unhappy for 1/2 of the relationship anyways..well enough bout that.. Once again give thanx.

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/21/2007 3:50:14 PM

respect prophecy,

i'm sorry if you felt i interpteted your words in a way that you did not feel comfortable with, but the fact that you said you laughed at him twice --to me ---sounded as a put down on him. i apologized if i read that wrong.

you mentioned something in your response about being able to look past the flesh into the heart of the person ---- that is all nice, but to be honest, most of us when we meet the person that we end up in a long term relationship with, were attracted by a number of things.---it may be visual at first and then as you progress you stay together because you see more things in them that you like or love. now as time goes if there are some drastic deviations from who you first met ---well ---things may end.

only you know how much you have changed --- but it sounds like your boyfriend is not happy with the changes and he wishes you were closer to the person he met.

well, i won't say more on this and i truely hope the two of you the best. being married for 16 years i know that relationships take a lot of work and at time personal sacrifices.

peace

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 8/21/2007 4:12:26 PM

no need to sorry that is why i asked what made u think that. Sometimes it is hard to capture every emotion when reading posts. I think that is why sometimes contention can occur..But, no need to sorry, cause I could have come across that way and not real eyes it. Give thanx for ur word sound.
I feel ur right about looks. But, I also feel that when u trodding a spiritual road the spirit can attract u more then ones looks, but that is how I see it. Cause u know the beauty of the spirit displays beauty beyond words, so u can stand in silence but ur spirit is like a thousand words that speak for u. But when u in society, dealing with just the flesh, majority will chose someone for looks and beauty first without seeing the spirit.

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/21/2007 8:15:39 PM

i think what is interesting is how the flesh and the spirit may/do influence us.

for example --there may be a person that you have never met before and the flesh catches your attention, but after getting to know them (i would see that as their spirit).--- they do not seem as "attractive".

then there is the case where you have known a person for a bit and you were never really "attracted" to them, but then as you get to know their spirit they become "attractive".

i think that in many cases, when relationships end it is a combination of these two things.

peace

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 8/21/2007 8:17:29 PM

hmmmm give thanx, i'm gonna meditate on that..love love

1 - 1011 - 15

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I