Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2092&start_row=21

Living more Rasta

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 42
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/22/2007 7:42:10 AM

respect 505

yes, the gita is a beautiful read

peace

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 8/22/2007 10:39:12 AM

Blessed Love!

MessenJAH! I live in England and I don't have no countryside near me, none no where at all. We dwell in concrete jungle & ghetto. Does that mean you live in the countryside? That's nice man! Don't get too comfy though... earth is gonna run red these sides soon and the elements are gonna get wrathy! England will topple before Amerikkka. I hope you have an exit strategy.

p.s. I find that preparing your intention for sabbath usually makes the day run smooth and ilah, without boredom. In fact, for me Sabbath totally runs. I used to have issue with getting bored, as if it was a chore to stick to. But I find myself on Friday evening reviewing all of the things I wish to concentrate on and give praises for, as well as things coming for which I am in need of more guidance and iditation. So, it usually turns out by the time I rise on Sabbath, I'm very definitely in the mood for quiet rest, contemplation, and joy in livicating the day to paying close attention to ilaful iration, all the blessings, and the wonders of the mystic.

When not attending a tabernacle, Sabbath for InI is quite a sleepy day, hardly any activity or noise, ishence, incients, irits & Daniel No. 1 Band. Once you start to apprecilove what that day means when the rest of the week we have to go out into the "world" and deal with folly, and madness, and general nonsense, it becomes a precious time for InI and we even apprecilove the total silence of what was boredom, but actually is a blessed time for reflection, a gift almost.

Take time to notice the day passing and give thanks for His open secret. When we can't be sabbatical due to some pressure or other, it is important to maintain a heart of Sabbath and itinue to observe the day, iritically.

Due to it's being a Principle, it requires development of practice before the weight of the true effect is felt. It is a highly important principle to keep for InI Nazarine.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/22/2007 11:32:10 AM

"It is a highly important principle to keep for InI Nazarine."

:-) i just wanted to sight that again, one cannot stress that enough

Messenger: MessenJAHofGod Sent: 8/22/2007 1:01:00 PM

Yaa asentawa, where about does the I live? From what the I said InI is guessing the I lives in an urban/rural area, close to a city?

Messenger: 505Rasta Sent: 8/22/2007 6:17:32 PM

Yes Iman love the Gita. I be lookin for the Vedas but it is impossible to find the complete version....:(

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/22/2007 6:28:27 PM

respect 505

i love it ---we have a right to our actions but not the fruits of our actions.

i'll have to dig out i book with the vedas (at least that is what it was) and pass it on to you. it didn't touch me like the gita does -- i have two versions of the gita ---one is gandhi's version where he writes his analysis between versus.

how i so often feel as arjuna did --as i stuggle with what to do in life ---- the inner battle is hard, but must be won.

peace

Messenger: 505Rasta Sent: 8/22/2007 7:20:57 PM

YOU HAVE THE COMPLETE VEDAS!!! I would so happily purchase those form the I

Messenger: MessenJAHofGod Sent: 8/22/2007 7:48:29 PM

all i know is my gran has the bhagavad gita. dont ask. She collects many things which she doesnt undertand the importance of.

talking of hinduism, did you know the nepalese consider Bob Marley and incarnation of vishnu?

Jah Bless

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/22/2007 9:20:37 PM

messenjah,

if the i hasn't checked out the gita -- i would recommend it. i decided to finally get it after hearing gandhi refer to it over and over again -- i figured if it helped him with what he was going through then it might help me in my tiny existence.
and yes -- i had heard that about marley and vishnu. the native americans also see him as one of their gods, though i can't remember which.

doesn't marley's life resemble the story of jesus as well? (hope i don't catch fire for that one)

i'll try to find it, i hope it is what the i is looking for and i didn't get your hopes up.

peace

Messenger: 505Rasta Sent: 8/22/2007 10:42:20 PM

Bless!
I did not know about the whole Bob thing. But Iman personally view HIM as a avatar of Lord Siva. But yes the Gita is wonderful. So many lessons and teachings. But yes Still looking dont worry. But if it is the COMPLETE Vedas I could gladly put down $100.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 42

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I