Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=209&start_row=41

False Rasta,,them still deceiving the mass

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 58
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: gideon Sent: 12/24/2004 12:28:23 PM

Some people are raised ignorant of Jah? So no-one ever showed them good and bad and they never saw love?
I know the first thing a baby does is take a breath of air. Right then they know good and love, and they commune with Jah right away. In fact this went on even in the womb.

I can see clearly that both of you are waiting for a sign. This is no disrespect but it is just something in your thinking. Babylon is all about waiting for a sign. You need to overcome that way of thinking. If you don't know what I am talking about ask and I will explain.

Truth is something that you can ONLY see by faith, and never by proof or by a sign. I mean that only faith can cause you to see anything. Until you see grace you will always be looking for a sign and that will stop you from seeing clearly.

Ark, it doesn't make sense quoting the bible to me, because I am not talking about something I read somewhere. I am talking from experience and from what I know in my heart. That's why I asked you if you have ever been born again according to the gospel of grace, because if you have then you'll know what I am saying but if you have not then you won't know what I am saying.

The bottom line I am seeing right now is that if we are going to reason together we need to have a common foundation in our reasoning. My foundation is not the bible, not the words of Haile Selassie, not logic, not science. My foundation is my personal experience of salvation by grace. If we do not share this foundation then there is really nothing else to say for now, until the time comes when we do share that foundation. And it's okay, I cannot judge you because I was the same way until I found out about grace. And I know that you either know grace or are searching for it, so we're basically the same. So if we're going to continue reasoning about these things, please let us get the foundation clear so that we can all know where we're coming from.
Do you know that you are saved by grace and faith in christ and not by works? If you have a foundation that is different from this one then we cannot reason together at this time about this topic.

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 12/24/2004 2:23:16 PM

InI know good from bad by birth and JAH inside us. But Babylon does tempt us and does get us by the lack of faith. Gideon, searching for the truth has brought you here so scriptures have helped you on your way. But scriptures alone cant do anything for you. And yes if InI dont find back on the path by ourselves looking then scriptures might be a good start to begin the thinking process. From there everyone has its own journey. Gideon, you may have come to find the truth without the scriptures, but many are to involved in making ends meet within Babylon that they dont take the time to look for the truth and for them picking up a book is a good way to remember the truth. Gideon I respect your faith but we all are on the same journey and we all go about it a different way but we all end up the same way as long as we use our minds and nurture the pant that is growing inside us. The plant only grows if we stay active. It is likely that a baby growing up without Babylon would not part the way of truth if all Babylon influences would be cut out.

Blessings

Bergy

Messenger: gideon Sent: 12/24/2004 6:00:46 PM

Bergy,
There is only one way. Do you know that? Roots and culture is teachings about the one way. It does not teach you how to live it, because everyone already lives it. It is teaching you about it so that you can know who you are.
You cannot read truth anywhere except in your own heart. Any bible or other book or teachings can only be telling you about what is in your heart ALREADY. So a book cannot help you, only God can call you to him and show you, and the only source he can use is your own heart.
This is not an idea that I have or my opinion, it is the way things are. So I appreciate that you want to respect my faith even though what you see might be different. But I am not interested in compromise. In the end you either see what I am saying or you do not. There is no way to avoid that there is a definite split between accepting the truth and not.
That's why I ask a simple question, because someone either accepts salvation by grace or not. Either you know or you don't. I am just trying to get that foundation set in our reasoning so that we can move forward from there.

Messenger: gideon Sent: 12/24/2004 7:32:16 PM

I just want to clear up what it means to be saved by grace. When you ask God to forgive you for your sins and empower you to change, that is what it means to be saved by grace, or born again. It's that simple. Basically you go to God and say that you know that you messed up and you're sorry and you want to change and you want him to help you to change. That is what repentance means, and that is the essence of salvation by grace.
What does this have to do with christ? Everything. Faith in Christ is the only thing that can make you approach God in that way, repenting. Again, this is not my opinion, it is the way it is.
I hope that you can all agree that some things in life are not open to debate. So there should be no reason for you to say I am arrogant or mean when I say that this is THE ONLY WAY.
And just by the way, it is possible to go through this process without actually saying the words, because we reason with God in our hearts and not necessarily with our minds our with words. It is possible to be saved by grace and not know it consciously, but in that case you would understand that you are saved when someone explains to you what it means to be saved.
So I am giving this basic explanation of what it means when someone is saved so that those here can know if they are saved or not. Again, all I want is a foundation for our reasoning, because we need to be on the same page when we are reasoning or it won't make sense. So, I have that question for everyone on this site and I will make it a practice to ask people this question whenever they try to reason with me about certain things, because there are some things that you can only talk about with people who are saved by grace and know it.
I am looking forward to reason with those who know about Selassie, but the first thing we have to understand is salvation by grace, and if you don't accept salvation by grace even after I have explained exactly what it means, then we need to put off talking about Selassie for a while. As far as I'm concerned if you don't accept salvation by grace you can't even spell Selassie.
For those people who don't accept salvation by grace, I will be happy to talk about other topics that arise in the world, but we do not share the same foundation in our thinking so we wouldn't be able to talk about faith related things. I think you are my brothers and your views are worthwhile, but we just can't talk about salvation, so we can't talk about Selassie. This isn't any disrespect. It's just that in order to talk with someone about something both you and that person have to know about that thing.

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 12/25/2004 12:26:41 AM

Gideon, much thanks for the wise words. I am still searching and see the truth in that I have to find the truth inside of me. I should let you talk to my wife, or maybe I should listen more to her than spend as much time reading. to the best of my knowledge she sees it the way you describe it. Anyway thought I throw that thought in since I see big smiliarities in her and you words.

Let me see if I can grasp it in the way you are trying to explain it.
We shall just accept that our mistakes will be forgiven by God and by knowing that it will take the burden from us to concentrate to live a good life with the knowledge that we will be forgiven?

In that sense we are even forgiven if we dont actually confess and ask for forgiveness through Jesus?

I am definately considering myself open-minded but I feel the need of overstanding what I hear.

Blessings Gideon.

Bergy

Messenger: gideon Sent: 12/25/2004 9:49:29 AM

When someone puts faith in christ they are identifying themselves with christ, so as Paul says they take on the character and nature of christ. When you accept christ you are accepting salvation by grace, it is the same thing.
Christ means God living inside of man, or through man. When you have faith in christ it means that you have faith that you share the same spirit as God. So it means that spiritually you are pure and holy. When believers do physically wrong things, basically not acting in faith, then they know they are forgiven instantly because it is just a mistake. It's not something deliberate.
If you think about downpression, how is it that people get downpressed? The way I see it is that they lack faith in christ. Because when you have faith in christ there is nothing that can bring your spirit down. It is condemnation or guiltiness that brings people down, but when you have faith in christ you are saved from all that. So we have sayings like blessed assurance, and that is why Jesus talked about the peace that he gives. Faith in christ is basically not doubting yourself anymore, or anyone else either. It is only when you have this faith that you can really love everyone and live the righteous life.

Messenger: the rock Sent: 12/25/2004 12:01:08 PM

seen

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 12/25/2004 2:54:24 PM

I see what you are saying. I have faith in a higher power. I have found out about Jesus in scriptures and to call the higher power that name and God. But how is that not coming from scriptures as well. If you use the name Jesus than it is from scripture and not just from within. See my point though?

I totally agree that InI cannot make someone else's truth our own but have to find it within ourselves. Even when it is the same truth.

one love,

Bergy

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 12/25/2004 2:56:11 PM

If it wasnt for what church taught you and history, then you would not have known about Jesus.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/26/2004 11:44:32 PM

Gideon,

I agree with part of what you reason and see it as truth, but I don't agree with all of it and I don't see all of it as truth.

You are confident and have faith that the what you speak is truth and I am confident and have faith that what I speak is truth. One difference is that I don't require others to agree with what I see as Truth to Itinue to reason about it.

I agree with the following reasoning of yours,
-------------------
I just want to clear up what it means to be saved by grace. When you ask God to forgive you for your sins and empower you to change, that is what it means to be saved by grace, or born again. It's that simple. Basically you go to God and say that you know that you messed up and you're sorry and you want to change and you want him to help you to change. That is what repentance means, and that is the essence of salvation by grace.
-------------------

I am just going to clarify the fullness of my agreement with this, to show why I don't agree with another part that I will write about later in this reasoning.

You said, "When you ask God to forgive you for your sins and empower you to change" When I ask Jah to forgive I of I sins and empower I to change, I have faith that Jah will empower I to change. But until the time comes that I have changed so that sin cannot tempt I anymore and that I sin no more, I know that my faith is not complete. Because if my faith is complete in that Jah has empowered I to change, then I must change, that is the only possibility if the faith is complete and true.

I also agree with this next statement that you said,
--------------------
When someone puts faith in christ they are identifying themselves with christ, so as Paul says they take on the character and nature of christ. When you accept christ you are accepting salvation by grace, it is the same thing.
Christ means God living inside of man, or through man. When you have faith in christ it means that you have faith that you share the same spirit as God. So it means that spiritually you are pure and holy.
--------------------

You said, "When you accept christ you are accepting salvation by grace, it is the same thing." So as you said accepting Christ is the same as being saved by grace, which you spoke about in the reasoning that I quoted before the one above.

And as you said, "so as Paul says they take on the character and nature of christ." and you said, "Christ means God living inside of man, or through man. When you have faith in christ it means that you have faith that you share the same spirit as God. So it means that spiritually you are pure and holy."

So how can someone take on the character and nature of Christ and still Sin? All those that imagine that they are taking on Christ's character and still Sin are trusting in illusion. Taking on the character and nature of Christ precisely means that your mind will think like the mind of Christ, and Christ doesn't sin, so the works that comes out of a person that has Christ's nature will not be sin. And if you share the same spirit as God and are pure and holy, then you will not sin because Jah doesn't sin. That is reason why Christ didn't sin, He shares the same spirit as God and therefore Lives by the example of Jah.

If you think there is an error in my reasoning in this post, then explain, because I don't see that it can be any different than this.

So now, the part that I don't agree with,
--------------------
When believers do physically wrong things, basically not acting in faith, then they know they are forgiven instantly because it is just a mistake. It's not something deliberate.
--------------------

So if they are "not acting in faith", then how can they say that they have faith in Christ, and are saved by Grace, and have the character and nature of Christ.

Again, I am saying that when Faith in Christ is there and you are saved by Grace, then you won't sin. And as I have said before, as long as we have breath, Jah always will forgive us and accept our Faith when we truly have Faith. But from now until the next time you sin, you don't truly have Faith in Christ and you are not truly saved by Grace. Because if your Faith is True, then there will be no next time of sin. And Jah knows when a person's Faith is True and when it is not. Jah doesn't need to wait until the sin occurs to know if a person truly has Faith in Jah, Jah knows when a person is telling the Truth and when they are not.

So if a person sins and then repents truly, and truly has Faith in Jah, and immediately after this Jah takes their breath, then they will be saved by Grace, even though there were no works. But if a person imagines that they repent and imagines that they have faith in Jah, Jah knows that their faith is not true, and that person will not be saved by Grace. And related to this I will repeat what I said above "But from now until the next time you sin, you don't truly have Faith in Christ and you are not truly saved by Grace". So for those people that are in this same mindset where they say they repent and they say they have faith and they say they are saved by grace, and Jah takes their breath away, then they will die in their sin.

So Like Burning Spear say, "Get Ready".

I and I must realize what True Faith is and I and I must have True Faith, or else we are believing in illusion, rather than Living in Truth. So that is why I say that if the works are not there, then all those that say they are saved are fooling themselves and should instead build up True Faith within. The Ones that have the works are not saved by the works, but they are saved by Grace. But those that are saved by Grace, and have the opportunity to perform works, will only perform good works.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 58

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I