Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=209&start_row=51

False Rasta,,them still deceiving the mass

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 58
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/27/2004 1:42:56 AM

It is not about God's grace depending on something. It is about Jah guiding I and I through Jah grace.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 12/27/2004 2:44:02 AM

Teff, Where exaclty does it say,

"faith without works is dead."

I can't place where I've seen it before.

Ras Zion I

Messenger: gideon Sent: 12/27/2004 8:55:15 AM

Bergy,
We hear about the man Jesus in church, and we can read about Selassie and hear about him. But the knowledge of christ is in our hearts. It's something like learning how to count. You learn the names of the numbers (one, two, three....) in school, but you know how to count naturally. As soon as you know that one thing is different from something else, you know about counting. But school can just give you one method of doing it. If you never went to school you would still learn to count and you would stillknow all about the logic of counting. And it is the same with christ.
I have heard about Jesus and Selassie and from what I have heard I know that they are the people with the teachings that are truth. To make it so simple, I do not follow the man in the photograph, I follow the teachings of Selassie that I have heard. And it is not the teachings, but it is my own heart that guides me. So I don't follow scriptures......

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 12/27/2004 9:20:13 AM

Gideon,

Without the works you would not know about Jesus. Yes, you would still know about the all mighty but the works identified and clarified things. So yes you do know the higher power God but not by that name and you couldnt have known about his coming. The works are needed as Teff said to know where we are coming from and who we are.

Also, Ark I, I think faith is possible even if you sin. Faith is believing in Christ as the truth. Like Luciano sang: we were never be expected to be righteous, but in Jah we must place our trust. I think the end of the journey shall be sin free but JAH knows we will make mistakes along the way. The importance lays with: keeping the faith, learning from mistakes by having faith in JAH, disciplining the mind so you can always be alert when you reach a point where a sin may creep up. At any time we should be able to do right, as long as we always are alert and therefore ready to do decidce good and not sin.

I agree with Ark I and Teff that sriptures are important.

Blessings,

Bergy

Messenger: gideon Sent: 12/27/2004 9:20:56 AM

Ark,
You say that "when Faith in Christ is there and you are saved by Grace, then you won't sin."
The question is about consciousness. As you know we do a lot of things that we are not conscious about. We do not have full control of our actions and full knowledge about the effects of our actions. This means that we cannot be sure always about if what we are doing is right.
So you can do something wrong and not know that it is wrong. Your intentions are right, but your actions can be wrong. The gospel of christ says that it's all about your intentions and not about if your actions are physically right or wrong. Or a better way to put it is that the way you figure out if actions are right or wrong is from the intentions of the person (their spirit) and not from looking at the actions themselves and trying to figure that out.
Sometimes we hurt people without intending to, and that is not our fault. A believer never intends to do wrong, because when you are born again you start looking to God and he is your main objective. This is just the way of life of the believer. So even if he does end up doing wrong things he knows in his heart he is not to blame. His intentions are always to serve God, because that is the nature he has now that he is born again. So the main point is that a saved person thinks about his intentions and not his actions. That is why we are saved from the condemnation of the law.
Look into your heart and look over all your life. Did you ever have the intention of going against the force that supports you and all creation? No one ever does that. Even before we learn about Jah we always honor him in our hearts. So when you don't accept grace you feel guilty about all the times you didn't follow the law (I mean natural law, right and wrong). But when you accept grace you don't think about the details anymore, you just take it on faith that you're not guilty.
Self doubt and fear come from looking at things according to law. It is about a whole perspective on reality - either the law perspective or the grace perspective. All negative thoughts are based on the law perspective. Just free yourself from all that problem. Accept grace, faith in christ and the gospel........

Messenger: gideon Sent: 12/27/2004 9:25:22 AM

Scriptures are good, but not to live by. Live by love - it's a natural thing. It is not natural to live by a book in any way. And a book cannot teach, but only Jah can teach you to know what is in the book is true or false.

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 12/27/2004 9:30:02 AM

I am not talking about believing everything you read, we all know that books are written by people. one love, yes, I see one love and it is how we shall live. I see Jesus teaching one love too though.
We know right from wrong, I truly believe that, naturally. The scriptures can teach about the past which in turn helps your future.

Blessings,

Bergy

Messenger: gideon Sent: 12/28/2004 2:05:41 AM

Good reasoning about the bible. I think that we can educate ourselves, and the bible is one tool but I don't think it is necessary. There are many tools. Even the bible says that God's nature and law are visible in creation. I think in Romans.
I am confused about the language, though. Amharigna means Amharric, right? And Ge'ez is related or something like that?

Anyway, I was running over again Ark's question about believers doing wrong, and I think I have a much better explanation - more complete.
What I see is that it has to do with power and responsibility. We cannot be held accountable for what is not within our power, because that is not our responsibility. So sometimes when a believer slips up in his thinking and forgets to remember Jah then he can do wrong things, but he is not to blame.
Basically, to be blameworthy you have to be fully responsible for the wrongdoing. And what I am saying is that a believer is always focused on Jah, so everything within his focus he puts Jah in front. But for things that he can't really understand he might do the wrong thing because of ignorance but never out of any evil intention.
So as I said, Jesus taught that it is the intention that is important (the spirit) and not the letter of the law (right and wrong). When you turn to Jah you are identified with Jah and christ, so you are focusing on him. So there is no evil intention, and there can be no condemnation.
Same thing I said before, but better I think.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 58

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I