Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2080&start_row=1

intersting racial sports trivia question (seeing as race is coming up)

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/16/2007 11:35:06 AM

who was the first asian to win one of the "major" golf tourneys? (i think the tourneys are the british open, the us open, the masters and i can't remember the third)

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 8/16/2007 1:57:33 PM

Ises

You speaking about Tiger Woods?

Selah

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/16/2007 2:08:53 PM

seen

i heard this discussed the other day and found it interesting. i am in america and wonder if he is seen as anything different than black in other countries. I wonder how he is seen in asia. i believe in my wife's country he would be refered to as "colored".

just sad/funny/interesting/strange how the race game gets played.

Messenger: Ten Sent: 8/17/2007 3:39:51 PM

Greetings
A few years ago Tiger was on Oprah calling himself Caublanasian in recognition of his mixed roots - Caucasian, Black and Asian...In Zim/SA/Zambia/Botswana/Namibia he would be called coloured but that term doesn't mean the same over there as it does in the US. Granted its a racial category from the colonial days but it doesn't have the same racist overtones as for Blacks oppressed in the Diaspora. Bless.

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/17/2007 5:27:48 PM

yes i ten,

during our race unit I write tiger's discription of himself on the board and ask if anyone knows who this is?

after revealing it is tiger and how he deals with his background i'll her some kids trying to make up a new category for themselves ..it's pretty cool.

i personally love the way tiger has handled his make-up and save anything that i find that he has written on the subject. i save it so my son can have it for a reference if he ever feels the need when those "what are you? questions come.

peace

Messenger: Ten Sent: 8/17/2007 6:56:39 PM

give thanks I, its good you can give the youth some direction - as long as he know his roots he can rise against the petty prejudices and sometimes unwarranted inquisitive nature of people. bless

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I