Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2077&start_row=1

I am soooooooo ......right now!!!

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Dominic Sent: 8/15/2007 1:09:41 AM

Aight so I just started working at this pizza place a few weeks ago. Its a local place with not good pay but you make tips and you get to eat all day and puff tuff during work. I have to have a job where there aint a stiff neck boss pissing me off. Anyway one of the first days one of my managers says to me " Why do you need Sundays off work are you religious or something?" I responded" Actually I am." Upon this she said what is your Religion". She says this with a big smirk knowing I was going to say RASTA(I wear my tam to work prodly!)I said " If your just gonna critize and hate why would I tell you anything I can save myself the trouble!" She says I am religious I am pescipalian" I say what Is that?" and she answers it deals with jesus and things. Upon this I answerd proudly I AM RASTAFARI! I knew she had her mind already made up and sees it as another weed smoking excuse.

WHATEVER...

Today though I am sitting at work and at the end of the day when we close the cats that work drink and smoke cigs. I dont have part in that so I puff my chalice on my work station while I close. a couple of register girls were drinking beers and came over to join me for a little smoke. during smokin we talked about herb and how it cost alot and this and that and all of the sudden on of the girls says " I like that hair bead!" THe other girl upon seeing my Rasta bead says are you a RASTAFARIAN? I answer yea. she says why is it that you hate women?!"

OK WHere did this come from???!!! and I thought herb brings us together.

Anyway I say what are you talking about I love women?! I asked her where she gets this information and she says she has it in a book that she bought. I told her to bring me the book and I thought I cleared that misunderstanding fine. If I hated woman would I be smoking with 2 women right then?

THis gets better her boyfriend comes to pick her up. Hes this punk rock white boy with Dreadlocks and hes got that army boots look. Anyway I go outside to throw away trash and I hear this bf talk to his girl about rasta! when I come by he comes up to me and starts talking to me about rasta. FIrst he said rasta hate woman and are racist and this and that. I listened for a second when I interupted how many rasta do you know and talk to? NONE HE SAYS. THen I ask where he gets his info? From wikipedia and books.

The moral of the story is...

Obviously this cat is a idiot who judges and talkes shit even though he only knows what the internet or books state as truth. I am at this point aware that he is too stupid to get MAD about and hit him this and that. BUT WHAT IF THIS IS THE WHAT THE WORLD THINKS ABOUT RASTA?? THE ONLY THING PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT RASTA IS WEED BOB MARLEY AND HATING WOMAN THEN INI DONT KNOW WHAT IS GOIN ON!!

WHAT CAN WE DO TO STOP THIS IGNORANCE OTHER THAN EDUCATE?

HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANYONE ELSE?

BLESS...

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/15/2007 7:43:01 AM

with all respect dominic .. what we focus on in life tends to increase.........meaning if you look for people who are criticizing you more than you are looking for those that are respecting you, then that is probably what you are going to find and or see, because it is what you are focusing on.

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 8/15/2007 8:09:36 AM

Ises

I see what the I is saying.
You see, man ah Soldier and man is militant in a spiritual, intellectual, conversational and social sense. Is a warfare we ah go fight every day. And not every war is a physical one. So for I n I, to defend HIS Name Itinually, I n I have to apraoach such shituations in selfedefense. To get angry and agressive in such situations you make yaself a fool and so make HIM Name seem foolish.

First lesson I learned is: I AM ISRAELITE. No guy will make fun about that. It is your own fault when you exactly know they will laugh or ridicule you when you say ya Rastaman, and then you really do it. When I n I chant RASTAFARI the heathen them must tremble, NOT laugh. And if it aint the right situation, just avoid it.
So this person asks you why you want a day off, so you say you are Israelite. When she asks what? Jew?, you don't look like a Jew. Listen, I said Israelite, Royal Ethiopian Israelite. Turn around and go.
You know Words is powerful and to know how to use them right can save you many problems.

To teach is not always to explain. Many people have such a big ego that they are not even willing to listen to the best explanations. They need to get kicked off their high horse first of all.
When such a white punk boy aproach me and believes he can teach me something about MY GOD AND KING LIVITY all I will do is talk to him in AMHARINYA and leave him back. This kind of foolishness is not worth to snatch away only a second of my time.
Remember if you really represent King Selassie I you overstand yaself as a KING and nothing and no one will be able to bring you down from that highest level.

Know thyself and behave thyself.
Selah

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 8/15/2007 10:11:21 AM

the real sabbath is sat not sunday. Not every source is good. the wikipedia does not talk nice about the bobo mansion so maybe that is the section he read. Some sights online come off downpressive. So just like books, the internet can spread lies as well. Did the I try to reason with him and spread the truth? If so, how was his I-sponse afterwards? My question is where does the I live that allows u to smoke herb in the workplace? Holland? :)

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 8/15/2007 11:30:03 AM

Yes,
Rastafari is terribly misrepresented in the world of men. Rightiousness is in short supply in a system that promotes instability and fluctuation. Many things are misrepresented by Babylon. If Babylon were to preach truth it would cease to exist, seen. Worry not about the opinion of fools, their word means little in the grandness of things. If your tribulation becomes too great when ignorance feeds you lies, then you might not make it through, bredren. Rastafari is a boulder in the river of lies, stories cascade by to the left and the right but cannot change Rasta. Be still and watch wickedness and ignorance roll of your back.
If you feel isolated, ask the closest Muslim how Babylon misrepresents Islam. Ask any non-Christian, non-white, non-male human being living in the belly of the beast how they are misrepresented. Go to the suburbs and ask about black people, I'm sure at least half of the things you are told will be well meaning but slightly offensive half-truths or whole lies.
It's not personal.
It's spiritual warfare between the haves and the have-nots, the rightious and the greedy, the evolved and the repressed.
The only way to win a battle of identity is to be the contradiction. No matter what you say to the missinformed, it will hold little weight, but being the exception will cause them to champion your cause to others who have been missinformed. The next time that female is told lies about Rastafari she will say, I know a Rasta who is not those things.

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 8/15/2007 2:12:25 PM

Good Advice Idren,
Dominic man does the I work at Rudy's Pizzeria? I used to love that place when i was living in Lawrence. Delicious pizza, nice people working there.
I'm sorry the I is facing ignorance from co-workers. It dosen't help that Lawrence is a College town and I man have dealt with college kids who think that because they have read a few books they know everything.
The Idren are right. It would be effective to educate them with facts that directly contradict what they've read or been told. It was good that the I asked him how many Rasta he knew personally. Of course he dosen't know any.
I would talk to the girl's boyfriend on a level he understands. Ask him if he feels that punk rock culture is misrepresented by the System. He will most likely say yes and tell you he is a rebel and that punks are always harassed by the Man and this and that.
The I will most likely be able to relate with him on this matter, and this will help him be more receptive to the I.

Bless

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/15/2007 2:29:02 PM

"I am soooooooo ......right now"

Sorry but just thought this was a post about the herbs :-)

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/15/2007 3:41:44 PM

domiminc, you can also see a question as a chance for you to educate instead of looking at it as a question that leaves you to defend. i generally see someone questioning i as much better than if they say nothing but then walk away and make an assumption.

part of the so called cross that one must bear by not acting like most in the system act is that people will call you on it or ask you about it. if you can't be ok with that it will cause you alot of stress.

a quote next to my bed ---"better to accept reality than to be traumatized by it."

peace

Messenger: MessenJAHofGod Sent: 8/20/2007 6:16:23 AM

"Many people wil fight you down, tell me why?
When you see JAH light"

Prophet nesta marley tell no lie to no man. Rasta is tough sometimes, we are treading through great tribulation for Jah

Jah bless, friends.

Messenger: MessenJAHofGod Sent: 8/20/2007 6:54:59 AM

Good luck brother dominic.

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I