Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2075&start_row=61

rasta love

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/18/2007 6:15:25 PM

let us say for the sake of arguement that most of the worlds problems rest at the feet of europeans -----now what?

how do we begin to fix these inequalites that have been created?

i mentioned on another thread that mandela got up to speak on the last day of an aids conference and most of the speakers before him were concerned with, in a sense, "who started it or where did it come from" ...mandela said basically

"the pepole with aids are not concerned with where it came from --they wish to be cured".

how do we live day to day and what actions can we start to take that will make this world a more just place for our children, grand children, or great grand children ---- and i am directing this almost 100% to whites.

a question in my classroom during the discrimination unit....."if those who are being discriminated against are not in the position of power to create change, how will change occur for them?"

peace

Messenger: Elijah Sent: 8/18/2007 6:21:44 PM

Yes Ten, Give thanks

Fortunately, I n I know Who and What makes I n I happy :)
Beautiful Culture of Eternal Live

Blessed Israel

Love RasTafarI

Messenger: Ten Sent: 8/18/2007 7:07:03 PM

One Love Elijah, the feeling of knowing JAH is wealth beyond the material riches of this life. Its abundance even when you have nothing at all. Bless.
Respect Still Looking, I fully agree on your Mandela comment - its like when Thabo Mbeki went on and on about poverty as the real cause of Aids and debates among scientists and sociologists took centre stage from Pretoria to Washington but in the lives of real people the epidemic was still spreading. True I, what do we do?

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/19/2007 7:32:02 AM

has anyone read the book "on racial frontiers"?

the author does an examination of ralph ellison, frederick douglas, and bob marley ----- they are all biracial and he wished to see how they viewed the world as a result of that.

as a father raising 6 black children and 1 biracial (who we all know in america will be labled black) i found it interesting and useful.

Messenger: Ten Sent: 8/19/2007 7:55:25 AM

yes I've read it but with that perspective as the main focus, what I found interesting was the connection between literature, music and politics with three revolutionaries who lived in different historical periods, different locations but under similar conditions of oppression. Invisible Man relates quite well to Marley's music and the work of people like Douglass was a forerunner to this movement that is still chanting for the liberation of all people from all types of bondage.

Messenger: Elijah Sent: 8/19/2007 7:01:49 PM

Yes Ten,

What ever happens Jah never leave I n I.

Blessed Love

Love RasTafarI

One Love

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/20/2007 7:23:53 AM

it is intersting ten how you and i probably looked at the book "on racial frontiers" somewhat differently. as a father with a child from black and white, my focus was to see and try to learn how these men balanced their two worlds. i'll be curious when my son reads it (if he ever decides to) what he finds interesting.

peace

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 8/21/2007 12:52:19 PM

Greetings: SonofMan... My Lord.

Blessed Love.

Relating to the 'melanin' reasonings.

Er... I'm not a member of the Nation of Islam. Not in the least... In fact I think I agree with honourable griot, Prof.Clarke when he asserts that it is somehow foolhardy to cry "nation" when unable to produce even safety pins to tie the youth's diapers. Although I apprecilove Farrakhan's assertion that the "Nation" has provided nuff ones and ones with a more principled lifestyle and orderly direction. And I agree that's wonderful.

For my part, I trust in the guidance of Prince Emmanuel as my shining light on this RasTafari trod. So, ah Boboshanty mi see!

I don't practice yoga at all, talk less of kundalini yoga. I did not know this had anything to do with yoga. In fact, I continue to doubt it even does.

But I'm glad you brought up the 7th "chakra", alongside the point regarding neuro-melanin type.

Among the Ancients of KMT (no doubt, as part of their Upper Nile inheritance... Selah) they understood 7 iritical components of divine-ness in InI. Roughly speaking these have been interpreted as; intellect, compassion, breath of life, blood of ancestry, aura (this is to do with the presence of the body beyond the physical lines, for example we are present as far as we can hear, see and smell, etc... sight?), libido (the urge to procreate), and the 7th being the simultaneous consciousness of all the above. As we can imagine, this is something one would have to work on, with levels and stages of learning for one to really overstand themselves, and apply themselves as manifestations of this divine humanity. The Kundalini concept must have derivations from this. I know that Kundalini elaborates on the significance of the strength contained in the seat of the womb... which can be developed to rise up to the 7th chakra for divine opening of third eye... etc etc.

I'm not an authority on the subjects, and neither do I practice any of these things, I seek my salvation in JAH RasTafari and practice the principles laid up by InI High Priest of Melchezidek order! But I'm simply interested in their iritical fundamentals. And Marcus let us know that there is NO such thing as TOO MUCH INFORMATION.

InI are the first intellects!

Anyway, back to the penial gland. I thought I would post something seperately, as it's quite a long story (only what I have looked into so far).

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 8/26/2007 9:11:02 AM

Give Thanks Yaa for the rasponse and elaboration.

If the I is serious about the assertions you're making then it would be good to look into the kundalini aspect. Also it should be noted that it was the Kemetians who not only taught of the "7 compontents of divineness" (7 chakras) but were the first to teach the art of yoga, this is a connection of no coincidence.

But let me ask then, where did the I find this teaching of penial gland function in relation to the race of the beholder?

SELAM

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 8/26/2007 6:05:01 PM

I'm not "serious" about any of my assertions. For me, I find it a joy to explore and develop ways to articulate core knowledge. That is to say, as Ras KebreAb said some time ago it's a simple case of who feels it knows it. All of InI core knowledge about RasTafari and Iself comes essentially from within. InI know that my joy in RasTafari and Boboshanty livity in particular was to sight a trodition that reflected all of the values I already knew as truth and was unable to articulate.

So, this kind of topic is all a game to me. I know such things as truth absolute... and that is from the core. It is an intellectual game to chase the articulation of the spiritual value, explore aspects of scientific research that could be translated to support the spiritual argument. It's a fulljoyable pass time. As yet, I am yet to find any linear argument that poses any tangible position against my irits.

Ras Tafari is the most high JAH. And there are many who will argue that just as you are disputing this. That does not make me wrong.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I