Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2075&start_row=51

rasta love

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Sis Irijah Sent: 8/17/2007 9:47:04 AM

Haile I

well...
the question that reigns uppermost in this sis' brain is...

where, and when, since the iception of creation, did the european race, begin to think that they were the superior race, and who, and why, ones permitted that superiority?

that is what makes this sis oftentimes say hmmmm.

Selassie I

Messenger: Ten Sent: 8/17/2007 7:32:07 PM

Well Sister it depends on how much time you have to get a full answer on that, but a short tale might begin: once upon a time on the tiny continent of Europe there were the states Greed, Power, Capitalism/Feudalism, Modernity, Explorer, Ethnocentrism and Oppressor and together they concocted an evil plan to dominate the world...

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/17/2007 9:36:50 PM

respect irijah,

the saying goes --"to the victor goes the story" and one can see it time and time again that the group in power can dictate policies and control propaganda which is a detriment to the groups which are not in power.

"man to man is so so so unjust" Excuse me taking liberities in adding a couple extra "so"s.

peace

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 8/18/2007 6:18:14 AM

Ises Beloved

Yes, as still looking said, to the victor goes the story. We must realize that Europe only came to it's power in the time we call Rennaissance, and this time was only able to come into being through intellectual immigration from Konstantinople (today Istanbul) when the Osman captured the city. This was when the rise of what we know as Europe today started.
Of course there were other kingdoms before, Greeks, Romans, Franks, German Roman Empire, etc..... but until that they were equal in power to other non-european empires.
What made Europe so powerful was Colonialism and later industrialized Colonialism which we know as Imperialism.

This should mean and explain that Europeans got so powerful not through any superiority in intellect, culture, or race. The simple reason is, that they just concentrated on different fields. While other kingdoms in Africa, Asia, South America concentrated on their own wellbeing and high culture, Europeans thought this wellbeing was only to be attained through downpressing others.

Take India for example. The Ancient Black African Indus Valley Civilisation was one of the highest civilisations ever known and proved to have been influenced by Ancient Ithiopia.
Then there came the Aryans from their homeland Iran (which means land of the Aryans) and downstroyed th Ancient Indus Valley Civilisation and intoduced the world's first Apartheid System to keep those Black people down who built up this great civilisation.
These Aryans were completely underdeveloped in comparison to the Indus Civilisation, in fields of intellectual contributions, culture, etc. But their plus point was that they concentrated only on warfare, and that's the reason why they were able to downstroy much higher developed cultures.

Through global movements those Aryans came to Europe (that's why they are also called Indo-Germans) and make up a large part of Europes population today.

All people have the same potential. But there are those who use it for high and beautiful development, and those who use it for downstruction. And history prooves the Europe chose the second way.

But that can hardly be explained racially, as their is no "European race". Europe is made up of many different races and ethnicities. That's why hitler killed so many europeans who were as white as he himself.

So maybe European supiriority complex is more a continental than a racial phenomenom.

But a definate answer to this question will never come up.

Selah

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/18/2007 7:36:51 AM

respect and thanks for that post bro d

it seems to i that sometimes it just seems as if skin color is the cheapest and easiest military uniform for those that wish to downpress can use.

the whole intermarraige restrictions in the us was in part due to the fact that they didn't want non-whites being able to pass for white.

one of these days people will figure it out that we are all in this together.

ubuntu

peace

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 8/18/2007 9:10:09 AM

Greetings All,

Quick question for Yaa Asantewa...

Is the I in any relations with the NOI?

I ask because I'd never heard anyone from a strictly Rastafari standpoint back up the notion of the pineal gland's low activity within the caucasian. Everyone I've ever met who's presented this theory has been influenced by the NOI. The Yaqub theory was, as far as my research has shown me, first presented by Wallace Fard Muhammed, and the I seemed to be on the outer fringes of that too. Anyways, as the pineal theory goes, I see the melanin/solar energy connection, but fail to see an articulation of the consequent higher spiritual energy. The pineal gland produces neuro melanin which seems to be different than the melanin found in the skin. Everyone's pineal produces neuro melanin and I'm not familiar with any sutdies that show the amounts of neuro melanin differing amongst different races. I have a feeling the I is going to tell I that Kundalini energy fills its full potential once it busts open the 7th chakra(the pineal gland), but due to a layer of calcification (which acts as an impenetrable wall)found in caucasians, the caucasain can never open the 7th chakra and stops at 6. I have read a study that said that about 80% of caucasians have this calcified layer, and about 20% of everyone else does too. Now I'm not a practitioner of Kundalini Yoga (maybe later), so I really can't comment on the validity of the theory, but no one who has ever presented this theory to I has been a Yogi either, which I find odd, and everyone I know who does practice Kundalini has never heard of this theory and found it quite odd.

Yaa, does the I practice Kundalini specifically? and does the I have any more information that backs up this theory? And please elaborate more on the higher spiritual connection. Also please elaborate on the higher pineal acitvity and how the I has established this. Response is very much appreciated, as I'm very much trying to overstand this.
SELAM

Messenger: Elijah Sent: 8/18/2007 10:53:27 AM

Greetings

Bro Dominiq

I know term Indo-European, not Indo-Germans (I never met that term), do not forget that there is big ethnic family of Slavic nations, which cultures and traditions were and are different then Anglo-Saxon (German) and Roman nations. Slavs didn't take part in colonization (maybe a few individuals) and of course Russia and her imperial actions (but only against her neighbors).

Love RasTafarI

Messenger: Ten Sent: 8/18/2007 2:24:18 PM

Greetings I n I
I direct I comments in response to Brother Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa who stated that the problem of European superiority is more of a continental one rather than racial. Firstly, Aya there are places where, as a direct result of colonial rule, the term European is thought of as a racial category, regardless of the diverse ethnicities on the continent. Especially when we speak of imperial history it is generally understood that European can be used interchangably as a signifier of geographic and cultural origin as well as a racial indicator. In this classification race is about skin colour not one's ethnic origins, just as African is sometimes (not always!) used as a racial category.
Secondly the question of European superirority is Continental problem? Aya I beg to differ, you might think of in terms of post-race, hence we speak of cultural superiority not continental - in the context of Euro-Asian history the Orient served as the anithesis of the Western imagination as the Far East as Edward Said writes in Orientalism, but this is an example of ethnocentric conquest. And skin color is still very much at the heart of European imperialism, this genetic difference was used to signify Self/Other and used as a tool to dominate those that appeared different and were of a different culture as Said explains. The ordering of otherness depended on differentiating civilizations from savagery as in the case of Africa and the 18th century paintings of Cesare Ripa show this or Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness or the anthropological work of Levi Strauss. Africa was invented in the European imagination as a place that is primitive and subesequently its inhabitants were deemed savage-like in their physical appearance. Black people were only classified so AFTER their contact with Europe, before this people were known according to tribal, kinship and totemic systems. (And that is one of the reasons why some African academics like Manthia Diawara are in support of a post-Black discourse where one is seen by tribe and totem not just Black this ad Black that because it can SOMETIMES be meaniningless - but I digress!) My point is racial difference, that which is seeing one as different from another therefore inferior was definitely a motivating force in European conquest of Africa and Asia. Give Thanks

Messenger: Elijah Sent: 8/18/2007 5:50:29 PM

Yes I

European "civilization" has fantastic tendency to rationalize everything, it created even science about God (theology). I spend some time of my life studding philosophical anthropology and it is fascinating how all of this "western culture" love rational and empirical thinking, as well how so many "great thinkers" supported systems of oppressions. There were pupets of destruction runing in front lines of conquista and imperial wars, but the real masterminds, have sat at European universities and tried to "construct" rational policies of "better world for all". The solutions of problems them created brought more problems in back wave. If we look what is happened today, whatever scientists do wrong and it has fatal consequences to the world, then shortly another scientists will say that they found a cure for the problem and then this way created another problem (and again back to the start point with new extra problem). tragic comedy of babilon.

They usurped the right to illuminated opinions, as they were thinking that they are vanguard of humanity. In XX century they recognized, that maybe the philosophy of material wellbeing is not necessarily the best idea, so they went back to the Polynesian villages and started to live between rootical people and then found out, that those who they use to call primitive were just happy and to be happy they didn't need all of that modern western world crap.
Then few people start to think, that the measure of civilization progress is not necessarily material development, but the level of happiness that the culture can secure for its members. More people now is aware that the quality of life is more important then money, because money doesn't help if we live in polluted, degenerated, corrupted environment, with sad and confuse people around. The rich and aware of the situation are trying to escape to locked and guarded quasi-paradises, but finally they become prisoners of their own luxury and that what has to secure their freedom and happiness became their prison.

I n I will not follow in to that trap,
as I n I want to Live Happy Jah Loving Live in Zion.

Is All I Wish to I n I

Blessed Love

Love RasTafarI

Rasta Love to the World

Messenger: Ten Sent: 8/18/2007 5:58:36 PM

Praises Elijah
"the measure of civilization progress is not necessarily material development, but the level of happiness that the culture can secure for its members"
Give thanks for these true words because it is precisely what we, as people need to do, change our value system from material things to more meaningful spiritual things. Bless

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I