Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2075&start_row=11

rasta love

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/15/2007 12:11:16 PM

Blessed Love and Ises

Does any of the I them accept or believe there is truth in the saying..."Love can make you do right, Love can make you do wrong?

Bless
Rastafari

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 8/15/2007 1:24:16 PM

Makes sense to me Ras KebreAB...

Love'll make a person do crazy things (sometimes)build the I up and tear the I down. There's no question about it...in the full spectrum of JAH the Iniverse there are always two poles, two extremes, Good or Bad no longer a linear concept, Love can make things feel so right and then bite one in the kit...

SELAM

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/15/2007 2:05:01 PM

As I see it Love rules over everything and everyone
Ini do the things ini do because of love, but when i check it, the enemies do what they do because of love too. No matter how evil one might say a man is, hitler comes to mind, he did what he did because he had great love for something, unfortunately his love for one thing manifested as hate for another.
So i suppose it can be said love and make one do right and love can make one do wrong
my point in relation to this subject, although it is not really a matter of right or wrong, is just to tell ones and ones that INI cannot use Love as a reason for everything, because when one does that it stops becoming a reason and becomes an excuse
It is well and good to speak of love between a man and a woman, no matter the race or their respective stations in life. Love is love. But as i said where is the line where it stops becoming a reason and becomes an excuse, and this is something every man and woman must ask of themselves and decide for themselves. Is there a time when RESPONSIBILITY takes precedence over LOVE ? Bro Dominiq will surely know (i mention Dominiq only because ini have a similar background i think) that people where we come from are one of the last people on earth to ever think in terms of "black and white". I know for sure that i could tomorrow tell my family that i am getting married to a white woman, and not one of them would have a problem with it.
But at a time when ini see ini nation in so much trouble, ini see ini children dying by the millions, ini see ini nation getting decimated and ini culture getting eroded. When does a person say, i have a responsibility for my Nation? When does a person say the good of my nation shall come before my selfs needs and wants.
INI nation needs Inity above all else. Inity begins at home

Just one side of the equation
My reasoning is not perfect,my mind is thinking of a lot of things right now, but still , i pray JAH accept the words of i mouth and i hearts iditation

Haile I
JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/15/2007 3:46:34 PM

we may go off topic now but --- i am a male ----why the confusion or what made you think i was female?

may be this will help our understanding (or maybe it won't)

peace

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 8/15/2007 3:51:55 PM

Well it was shocking to I when I first saw that principle. I mean for I trodding Rastafari was a slow learning process because I didn't know any rastas nor knew rastafari existed. Then I came to the order of bobo shanty, it shocking(that prinicple), hard to accept. I do understand however as time goes on, because they follow marcus's teaching of keeping the race pure and in the bible it says everyone to them own vine and fig tree. I am still struggling with this to be honest, even to the point I heart was troubled. But, I respect the order and then feel guilty like I am washing away the pure afrikan nation by having a yute by an afrikan abroad. However, I heart is black because I came from a black mother and father of creation, so even though I am not afrikan( I heart is black. But, I do agree that Afrika should be owned by afrikans and no white person, and that until that reparation and repatriation occurs In I will see war. But, that is how I come to see it, I know many do not.
I do not like when I see wombmen having babies by black men and they don't even embrace the culture 100%, it is all because of the sterotype. I strongly feel if u are with someone non-white(or watever culture ones and ones are) u must stand with the persons culture. kinda difficult to express through typing.
I just take it 1, 2. I must admit tho this is something that has weighed on I spirit for some time. I feel I have not expressed Iself fully, so much to say..give thanx and I would love to hear ur I-sponse.

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 8/16/2007 4:29:19 AM

Ises

Still looking, I just thought I remembered that the Empress Yaa always used to adress you as an african female. But things are long ago now, maybe I was confusing something.

And just to clarify one thing, I man did not grow up in Ithiopia. So there is maybe a difference in our both backgrounds Ras Kebre. But still I can say the same for myself. As you know you often have different complexion in Ethiopia, from very light (semitic looking) to very dark, I think that is why Ethiopia does not think so much along racial lines. I remember reading in a book of an Ethiopian princess (I believe it was Asfa Yilma) she told about when she chose a European husband and His Majesty smiled at her asking, isn't he a bit light? (or something like that).
So I for myself was always considered of coming from different backgrounds, in north Africa, in the Magreb, in Shoa, in Tigre they will say I'm an Ethiopian. in Arabia they will say I'm an Arabian. in India they will say I'm an Indian. And maybe somewhere in hot southern Europe (where there's still the northern African mix) they will say I'm a European. And then there are situations like just a week ago (I work with African Refugees and Refugees from all over the World) when a man from west Africa (much darker than I) aproached me in his mother tongue and was completely surprised when I could not understand him.
So what I try to explain is, I for myself am in such a situation in which I can't live up to all expectations anyway.
If I choose a european woman, people will come and say don't mix up, and when I choose a Arbian, Indian, Northern African, Semitic African woman they will maybe say the same. because all kinds of different people see all kinds of different nationalities in me.
So that is why I realized that you can't always live up to other's expectation, so make sure you can at least to your own.

Selah

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/16/2007 4:43:26 AM

Yes I,
As i said it is something that every man and woman has to ask honestly of themselves and decide for themselves
As for Ithiopia, though it is true as the i say about all the diff complexions present there, but i think a more stronger reason for why Ethiopians rarely think in terms of black/white is due to the fact that we have a slightly different experience from the rest of Africa, from slavery to colonialism to christianity

lol, dont you love HIS Majesty´s sense of humour
What was that HE said to mengistu when he accused HIM of taking millions of dollars from Ethiopia?

BLessed Love
Rastafari is

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 8/16/2007 4:55:40 AM

Blessed Love Empress Prophecy

I give thanks for your heartful expression.
Well, I do not have any problem with how the EABIC deals with those things, because after all it's their bizness and the Angels have to take care of this themselves.
But once a Bobo said to me, that "racial purity" and "keeping the black blood pure" is jsut natural, AS EVERY PROUD AND INTELLIGENT WHITE MAN WOULD DO ALSO.
I said..... wwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaa, wait a moment! This was the first time I saw this Bobo Principle in direct comparison to White Power, White Pride, KKK, Nazi idelogy. This was suddenly no more about CULTURE AND LIVITY but ONLY about race, blood and purity. And I tell you I came around in my life and saw places where this was actually practiced and still is present in some heads.
When you pass the gates of Dachau, Buchenwald, Mauthausen etc, then you learn what racial purity in it's darkest sense really means.

One thing I have to say, I have never been to America or the Diaspora in the West. All my Experience I made with the Diaspora from the West in real life was with caribbean immigrants during my times in London, France, Spain etc. All my African contact besides that was with people directly in or directly from Africa.
And I can tell you, as far as I experienced it, there are worlds in between. You wouldn't believe what a big difference there is when you are in London and you just step from Brixton up into african districts. Or even more I experienced this in Paris.
But it's logical. Because these people went through a whole different trod and history.
As I said I work here with my african brethren who came into the sad situation of being refugees. And most of the Africans all over Europe struggled there whole life to go to Europe. If you tell them something about their own vine and fig tree they will be offended and believe you want get rid of them coz ya a racist.
And don't say these are traitors. This would be the same mistake when Marcus said the King was a traitor when he went to Europe or when the King sent dozens of Ethiopian students to get european education. Many of them come here to make a better life for africa and their african relatives. Just some days ago I was in one of those UNO Centers because I had to check the Ithiopian Embassy, and it seemed like an AU Center in the mid of Europe.... they even had African security personal and African diplomats in fine clothes all around the place.
The thing I try to say is, most Africans who come directly from Africa or still live in Africa do not think along these racial lines because they weren't taught this kind of thinking. Many decades passed since most of the Nations got independent and since that I n I in Africa have our own problems we have to deal with, and many saw that it needs global co-existence to overcome them.

I just believe the Bobo came to this views out of their own context and experiences they made in their colonial and downpressive environment. And maybe many of them would be surprised if they went to Africa and saw the difference between the real existing Africa, and the racial utopian Africa what they teach about.
This is by far no criticism as I love the EABIC and love to be in the Congregation. But there is a reason why I myself never desired to become part of the EABIC but in the foundation of King Selassie I Nyahbinghi global gvmnt.
So Empress, maybe you should follow your heart and not bow to rules and guidelines which you do not (yet) overstand. As you expressed yourself it leaves you unsattisfied and not happy when you follow things which you are not convinced of.

Selah

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 8/16/2007 5:00:15 AM

"How poorly have we failed in teaching you mathematics!"

I believe somehow like this it must be translated into english.

As I said, in HIM you see all the positive facettes of human being. I like his sense of humor.

Selah

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/16/2007 7:04:49 AM

bro dominiq yehyah,

beautiful reasoning as it helps one get into another persons shoes. for i empathy is a key to understanding.

respect

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I