Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2069&start_row=1

ziggy marley

1 - 1011 - 14
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/13/2007 9:30:38 AM

"what divides us is an illusion created by man in his delusion." ziggy

as i listen to his Dragon Fly cd and his Love is My Relgion cd

it appears that ziggy is going somewhere else spiritually. i will guess that Rasta guides him, but it seems as if he is moving somewhere else in his head and heart.

"all religions should be wiped out" ziggy

respect

Messenger: Ras Bredren Nicholas Sent: 8/13/2007 10:42:30 AM

are you daring to call rastafarI a religion?
if so say it.....youll see what ini say bout that.

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/13/2007 12:01:41 PM

well seeing as people on this site have refered to this as a religous forum and not had "fire" sent down on them then may it does fall under the category of religion.

but i know some might say "rasta is not a religion it is life"

people of every religion or faith could utter the same thing.

now here is a dictionary def. of religion and you can decide if Rasta fits.

1a)a belief in and a reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator or governor of the universe.

1b)a personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief.

2) a cause or activity pursed with zeal or conscientious devotion

to me that sounds like it is a religion, but if you don't thats cool

let's try to stay positive in our disagreements

respect

Messenger: Ras Bredren Nicholas Sent: 8/13/2007 12:32:59 PM

Ones gettin better at it.....

and no bredren....RasTafarI is NOT a "religion"

King Jah RasTafarI is what IS, Jah RasTafarI is Breath...and Life...., Jah RasTafarI is InI.

NOT a REligion.

Ises for Love and Heartical Ibrations. Jah Live. Jah RasTafarI IS.

Messenger: Ras Bredren Nicholas Sent: 8/13/2007 12:35:07 PM

wise up Kindread....take the foolishness elsewhere.

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 8/13/2007 12:43:34 PM

Ises

We know what His Majesty taught about Religion and what he taught about Spirituality and Mystics. That is all what needs to be said.

Selah

Messenger: Ras Bredren Nicholas Sent: 8/13/2007 12:48:34 PM

Blessed Love Idren in the name of the Most High Jah RasTafarI Immanuel Haile I Selassie I

Spirituality

The Lion of Judah has prevailed
Haile Selassie I, Elect of God
King of Kings of Ethiopia

"The temple of the most high begins with the human body, which houses our life, essence of our existence. Africans are in bondage today because they approach spirituality through Religion provided by foreign invaders and conquerors. We must stop confusing religion and spirituality. Religion is a set of rules, regulations and rituals created by humans which were supposed to help people grow spiritually.

Due to human imperfection religion has become corrupt, political, divisive and a tool for power struggle. Spirituality is not theology or ideology. It is simply a way of life, pure and original as was given by the Most High. Spirituality is a network linking us to the Most High, the universe and each other. As the essence of our existence it embodies our culture, true identity, nationhood and destiny. A people without a nation they can really call their own is a people without a soul. Africa is our nation and is in spiritual and physical bondage because her leaders are turning to outside forces for solutions to African problems when everything Africa needs is within her. When African righteous people come together, the world will come together. This is our divine destiny."

Ises. Sholom.

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/13/2007 12:58:24 PM

does not rasta have rules and regulations that were created by men?

and honestly i am ok if they do -- but that sounds like it fits your description of religion

and maybe that is what ziggy is suggesting gets wiped out.

respect

Messenger: Dominic Sent: 8/13/2007 3:37:02 PM

ziggy is a rastafarian...

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 8/14/2007 6:44:17 AM

Ises My Lord still looking

Every man must have principles, i am sure of that. These principles are the "rules and regulations" you are talking about. But principles are an inborn concept, to my Overstanding. Rasta lives biblically, that is why I n I know I n I principles are JAH- and creation-given. Not man-made. Of course it is your choice to decide for yourself if the bible is man-made or JAH given and inspired. Of course if you say the bible is man made then you will say I n I principles are man made. But if you look into the seas and oceans, into the air marvelling at the birds, into the jungles and desserts to learn from creation, then you will know that I n I principles and livity is older and deeper than our scriptures.

Please just feel free and give an example of which you feel that is is a "rule and regulation created by man". And maybe I will be able to express my overstanding on that. Maybe this brings us further.

I believe I see what your point is. Maybe you critzize a blind following of the bible as following man made rules. But the bible is just what I n I Ancestors wrote down when they experienced JAH Ites.

Selah

1 - 1011 - 14

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I