Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2063&start_row=1

Ark I and all readers

1 - 1011 - 15
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: prophecy Sent: 8/10/2007 10:46:15 PM

Blessed Love Ark I, at the time that I left the I a post I was hesitant to post it to the general public. I was told that if I reasoned about this, I would get blazed with fire. But, now I real eyes that I am a rastafari wombman itinually searching to grow by learning and seeking truth. So, I shouldn't let ones reaction stop I(if any reactions occur). So, I decided to post I question here. I am merely asking for clearance. So, if ones and ones want to come with judgement then feel free, but I will ignore ur words. If I do not get fire then I apologize for my prejudice by assuming that u would.

Here it goes:

I discovered an article that Marcus Garvey wrote about Selassie. The article was very shocking to I and it weighed on I spirit. The article was basically dissing Selassie. I don't know enough to understand what happened after it was written. I love him same way, but just wanted some clearance. See, it is more difficult to understand because I follow the bobo order which says that 1 in 3 they never disagree. So, when u read this article, I just felt confused. I reasoned with a bobo idren bout this and waiting for clearance.

So, please reason facts, but come with truth and not ur own understanding. I will go to Jah anyways for HIM to guide I, but I humbly come to I n I for clearance..
Give thanx..

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/10/2007 11:02:38 PM

I figured that was the thing you wanted to reason about. Here is a reasoning I made before about it

-----------------------------------------------
One thing a bredren of mine told I was that he thinks that Marcus wanted Selassie I to call on him to gather up his people to help fight the Italians. And when Selassie I went to England instead, Marcus wasn't happy about that. My bredren said this was just what he thought about the situation.

If that was the case, then it still makes sense to I that Selassie I went to England because He needed an army that had weapons comparable to the weapons that Italy had, and that if he went to Garvey, then he wouldn't have access to the weapons required because no country was selling weapons to Ethiopia, but they were still selling to Italy. The war may still have been able to be won with the help of Garvey, but too many people would have died in the process.

Here is a reasoning I made on another forum about this.

----------------------------------------
That thing written by Marcus was written before the war was over, so he didn't Iverstand what Selassie I was doing. If Selassie I didn't leave and gather the armies to fight Mussolini, Ethiopia would be an Italian colony. And also, Garvey was basing his opinions on Babylon propaganda, that is where he got his "information" about Selassie I.

All the things that Selassie I did, both nationally and internationally was to rise up Ethiopia and the Ethiopian people and to prevent Ethiopia from being conquored and taken over by another country (like many African countries were at that time). And when Haile Selassie I ruled Ethiopia, Ethiopia was prosperous and the standard of living continually increased. Even after Mussolini caused so much destruction, Selassie still managed to rise up Ethiopia and the Ethiopian people. And Since Selassie I left Ethiopia, things became worse then they were during Selassie I's rule.

And about the slavery. In 1923, 7 years before Selassie was coronated as Emperor, 5 years before he became King of Ethiopia, Selassie I worked with the Empress Zauditu and abolished slavery.

Here is a reasoning I made before about that article:
------------------------------
RasTafarI didn't fight and run away, He went to gather armies to help Ethiopia defeat Mussolini. He knew that the weapons that Ethiopia had couldn't compete with the more modern weapons the aggressor had, especially considering how wicked the people behind these weapons were. They used poison to kill many people, and didn't have any consideration for Life. So Selassie I Itinued the fight and accomplished what he set out to do. He gathered the armies to defeat Mussolini. Garvey said some things against Selassie I because he didn't Iverstand the purpose of everything that Selassie I did. He didn't Iverstand that Selassie I was gathering armies to fight against Mussolini. And Selassie I accomplished his goal and defeated Mussolini. Selassie I didn't come to bow, but to conquer.

I have learned many things from Garvey's words, but just because I agree with many things, doesn't mean I agree with everything. Only fools agree with everything a person says, especially if it is not justified within themself.

RasTafarI, Haile Selassie I taught I and I

To be neutral is to be impartial, impartial to judge actions and policies objectively, as we see them either contributing to or detracting from the resolution of the world's problems, the preservation of peace and the improvement of the general level of man's living conditions. Thus, we may find ourselves now opposing, now supporting. now voting with, now voting against, first the East, next the West. It is the worth of the policies themselves, and not their source or sponsor, which determines the position of one who is truly neutral.

This, We maintain, is the essence of non-alignment. Those who would righteously denounce one side on every major problem or issue while reserving nothing but praise for the other cannot claim to be non-aligned, nor can those whose policies are shaped for them elsewhere and who wait patiently to be instructed whether they are to be for or against be called uncommitted.

Haile Selassie I

-----------------------------------------------

Here is a link to what Garvey said if anybody wanted to see it.

Marcus Speech?

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 8/10/2007 11:12:56 PM

blessed love give thanx so much, i apprecilove taking time to ispond..much love.Honor Honor

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/10/2007 11:36:30 PM

Blessed I

Yes blessed, this is something i have often wondered about. Sis Prophecy, i hope the i will share what the i finds once you get some more clarity on this
1 in 3 never disagree. Well yes,i can sight that in the sense that the Three worked towards the same purpose and goal.
I will just add a couple of questions for now, with how much certainty can one say that Mosiah actually wrote those words?
And if it cannot be proven that he wrote the words, are there any other instances that can be proven where Marcus seems to say something similar to what is said in the letter?

one Love
Rastafari

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 8/10/2007 11:41:30 PM

yes Ras Kebre, I will def. share I findings. Give thanx for ur I-sponse..

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 8/11/2007 1:25:06 PM

Ises High

Well, it was Yohannes called the Baptist who asked Christ: Are you the one who is prophesied, or do we have to wait for another one?

And as far as I know, Bobo hail Marcus Garvey as John Marcus, a kind of John the Baptist figure in this Iwah. So you can say, that John the Baptist has already doubted Christ 2000 years ago, why not again?

In a completely worldly way said, Marcus Garvey was completely wrong in this Article (in many points that he made) and just did not live long enuff to see himself proved wrong. Reading this Article and studying history everyone will come to the conclusion that Marcus was simply wrong. And in 1941 HIM showed the whole world that Marcus was wrong. It is a sad thing that Marcus didn't live to see that.
But from a historical point of view one has to say and admit, that Marcus' strategy (which you can see in his article) would have led to doom and destruction in Ithiopia. And he could have known of this even during his last years, if he had known of the situation (mustard gas f.ex.) in Ethiopia. As far as I remember Marcus wrote this article in the Black Man in 1937, so he must have known of the situation after HIM presented it to the League in 1936. But as I said somewhere else, sometimes idealists only see what they wanna see.

Selah

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/11/2007 3:26:44 PM

Give thanks Iyah. That helps still
From the way the i speaks,i take it you have accepted that Marcus did indeed write the article. And if my assumption is right, is it something that all or atleast most idren accept too? I myself tend to believe that Marcus did write it, i am just wondering if it can be really proven as fact.

Blessed Love
Rastafari Is

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 8/11/2007 4:25:34 PM

Ises

Oh, I did not even know that this was questioned. As far as I know it is a fact that this Article of Marcus was published in his own News Paper "The Black Man" in 1937. But I have never seen any original of that which would prove this.
But the article was only one expression of Marcus' opinion on the "Abyssinia Issue" during the war years. This article does not come as a surprise.

Selah

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/11/2007 4:44:23 PM

Sight
then did the i notice the second question i asked. Are there any other instances where Marcus says or seems to say something similar to what is written in the article, i mean instances that can be proven.

Blessed

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/16/2007 12:03:23 AM

I don't know of anything else where Marcus said something similar, but here is something he said in support of His Majesty,

------------------------
Marcus - Devil In Mussolini

When God did make the world and all

He laid a righteous plan of things:

He never meant to harbour sin

Among mankind with all their kings.

He did establish holy law

To rule the mighty universe,

And everything that He did make

Was bound to follow such a course.

But evil crept into man's life,

And wasted all that Goodness gave,